Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why I/You hate Ash from the anime

tehmoe

I know i'm not the only one. But ash is the only character i do not like in the show. There are just so many things wrong with him, or at least things i dont like what the writers do with him as a character.

1. He doesn't age, its been 12 years bro, can u at least hit puberty?
2. He always starts with new pokemon. Just stop.
3. He uses his new pokemon in the final league tournament. This is prolly the one thing i hate the most about him. Ash has plenty of very strong pokemon, and he either a: chooses to use his new not so strong pokemon or b: uses his other pokemon that are garbage.

ie: instead of using snorlax, charizard, muk etc he uses torkoal, swellow, buizel etc. Ash is never gonna win a major championship because he refuses to use his older more experianced pokemon. i just dont understand this. If you're striving to be the best, you better use the best you got. Buizel isn't going to do the job for you. Snorlax or charizard will though. They have both proven to be reliable in a strong matchup.

anyone else not like ash?

I don't like him because he changed his iconic hat, and they left misty behind, the series became pretty unrelatable to me because of it. Oh but sure there's pikachu, ash is still there, and even brock is there, but changing the main characters was a mistake, even more so after making an important initial romantic relationship that wasn't ever really followed up on. Too much of pokemon is about commercialization, seems pretty bad to sacrifice important parts of the series just so you can replace them with brand new things that go with the most recent games.

He tried using Gible when he KNEW his opponent would be using a Darkrai.

Also, yeah. Misty. IMO bad decision to leave her behind...

I don't like him because he changed his iconic hat, and they left misty behind, the series became pretty unrelatable to me because of it. Oh but sure there's pikachu, ash is still there, and even brock is there, but changing the main characters was a mistake, even more so after making an important initial romantic relationship that wasn't ever really followed up on. Too much of pokemon is about commercialization, seems pretty bad to sacrifice important parts of the series just so you can replace them with brand new things that go with the most recent games.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POSTCARDS HE SENT IN TO GET THAT HAT?! AND THEN JUST TO THROW IT AWAY? ARRRRGH!!!
/RAGE

Also, apparently the romantic relationship thing was all dubbed in. None of that happened in the Japanese show, IIRC. But yeah, regardless, I'll never understand why they got rid of Misty.

Last edited:
He tried using Gible when he KNEW his opponent would be using a Darkrai.

Also, yeah. Misty. IMO bad decision to leave her behind...

yeah, but that guy was also haxorz. it looks like he was running legends. darkrai latios were the only two we saw, but odds are he add more legends up his sleeve.

ash's 6 pokemon should always include these pokemon when it comes to the final league tournament:
charizard
pikachu
muk
snorlax
kingler
sceptile

that should be his list for ever major tournament. there should be no reason for him to use buizel never ever forever.

another thing. where is gary oak? i bet you he is doing things more exciting than ash. gary should have his own anime...

I HATE ASH SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WORST POKEMON TRAINER EVER!!! Hes been to 4 regions and doesnt take credit for it he leaves his pokemon behind ( so much for being partners ) Whenever he is asked how many badges he has he says 7 .... 7!? He has WAY more than that who leaves behind a charizard!? oh by the way he said he wanted to catch all Pokemon yet he hasnt even obtained more than 50 no item finder for him. he keeps making the same rookie mistakes as before
Ash is actually 15-16 years old ive done the research

the tv show went down the toilet when sinnoh started or right after hoenn

the second johto ended ash's voice got higher and pikachu got put on 'roids and the last time we saw misty was in somthing about a mirage mastermind thing. and that was in hoenn when aggron knew water pulse and bullet seed, and the girls had 15 blonde moments per second. everything about the show was awesome... untill hoenn.

---------- Post added 08/28/2010 at 02:38 PM ----------

another thing. where is gary oak? i bet you he is doing things more exciting than ash. gary should have his own anime...[/QUOTE]

so true.

Aw, come on guys. ^^ He's not that bad. Changing pokemon with each new region is kinda like his way of challenging himself. I mean, how much fun would it be to play through a game for example with a party of Lv100's right from the start?

I hate him because he is a whiny little brat.

Cry, cry, cry.

God, grow some stones bro, it's called getting over it.

Also, why does it take him forever to get to the big league.

God, this is just reminding me why I hate imports.

yeah, but that guy was also haxorz. it looks like he was running legends. darkrai latios were the only two we saw, but odds are he add more legends up his sleeve.

ash's 6 pokemon should always include these pokemon when it comes to the final league tournament:
charizard
pikachu
muk
snorlax
kingler
sceptile

that should be his list for ever major tournament. there should be no reason for him to use buizel never ever forever.

another thing. where is gary oak? i bet you he is doing things more exciting than ash. gary should have his own anime...

Imo, Infernape deserves some consideration, yes it's another fire type, but it beats the hell out of...Muk? Donphan and Heracross are both also pretty powerful, and Torterra can beat out Sceptile in strength (though not agility I suppose). Tauros is another decent one.

Anyways, why I hate Ash...pretty much because he defines the term noob (seriously, beginning every new series of a game with nothing but Pikachu?), losing every major competition (Orange Islands = not official = doesn't count), ditched Misty, and changing his iconic hat to that weird crud he wears now. At the very least, in D/P, he lost to a quality trainer who actually...you know...used Pokemon any serious competitor would use, unlike his past failings. He also actually evolved his Pokemon in D/P...but of course, then conveniently fails by not using Infernape or Torterra in his final battle. I mean seriously, Infernape could have used Mach Punch to practically OHKO Darkrai (though the series itself fails when Heracross dies so inconveniently early, as it could have manhandled both Darkrai and Latios with Megahorn)...then he epically fails by sending out both Gible and Sceptile against something with Ice Beam (though Sceptile did sneak in a KO)...so yeah, whatever.

Seconding the motion both Gary Oak and Takuto need their own series, as either would make a much more compelling main character than Ash. At least they both can win.

I hate Ash because it seems that he gets a brain reset with each series, right to the point where I stopped watching it.

"OH MY GOSH, HOW DID IT LEARN THAT?!"

Make a show that's based off of the Manga, I'd watch that with great pleasure.

Pikamaster i agree 100% well except foe the hoenn series but the manga series makes ash look like a chump ( well he is a chump ) ..... manga rulez!

I also dislike how the elite 4 has no place in the seriese aside from randomly showing up...

we dont know that because ash is so terrible he never gets past the final tourney, i assume once u win the tourney you get to advance to the elite four then the champion, but we'll never know.

@regis_neo

no point having charizard and infernape(charizard definatly being the better of the two), sceptile over torterra because speed always wins. muk is amazing. people underestimate status conditions in a battle. muk can tank and hit hard, and has really good battling experiance. muk has proven himself to win matches, important ones at that as seen in the first season.

Back