Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 07 FAQ up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not complaining about so little, it should be LESS! There's 400 players at U.S. Nationals and we get the same amount.

Want to make a bet. I bet you that after day oe of Swiss the combined record of the 4 players who Grind into the worlds will be better then the combined record of the 4 players who get in through US Nationals.

Jand, that's not his point at all. It's the fact that the grinder will by far have less people than US Nationals...now, should I even be calling it a "fact"? Probably not, but considering that the Grinder is taking place in Hawaii, the attendance will be very, very weak.

And the rant begins.

Chuck's going to be happy. He got 5th at Worlds last year, right?

He did, but I think the number 3/4/5 for Worlds 2006 Champion Invites are takeing age ups into account.

If this is true, this means that one age up occured with a 10- (JR) who is now a SR (11-14) and one age up occured with an 11-14 (SR) who is now a MA (15+)

Anyone else notice only 5 Japanese players in each age divsion, with apparently no at-large players!

That seems WAY LOW to me!

I expect to see a TON of Japanese players at the Grinder.

Vince

Anyone notice that there are less Masters players than any other age division? And you're on, JandPDS, definitely.

OMG. The elder Malec still has a chance. Grinder? Again?!!?!
Seriously tho, I think this is GOOD for the game. Creating a prestigious event is one thing, but I don't think it should be almost impossible to get into. 4 is good.

3/4/5 Invites from Worlds last year does indeed reflect age ups.

They are:
Spencer D. 2nd place in Juniors last year, is now a Senior
Austin R. 4th place in Seniors last year, is now a Master

I hope that helps.

Seems that the idea of gving more invites to the Juniors (because you can count on a lot of them not using them) has completely gone away. Why is this? And some Nationals don't give invites to any Juniors. Wierd.
Probably not, but considering that the Grinder is taking place in Hawaii, the attendance will be very, very weak.
Grinder's going to be in Hawaii? That's great! I'm going to be in Hawaii this August. I've always wanted to meet him!

Sounds like DP is in at Worlds, since it says Modified and it's not noted as there being any sets excepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back