Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2nd Place Master Report - For now

amphyrules

Due to time constraints this isn't a report at all, just a brief shout out to those that made my WC experience such a great one, as right now I’m frantically making phone calls trying to recover my lost baggage. All my cards, clothes and electronics could be lost forever, and before anyone asks, yeah the trophy’s in there too lol

This worlds was an absolute blast, and not because of how I placed, but because of the company I was privileged to be in, and the constant support from my friends and family. This support is the reason that I have always done well at Worlds, and I had only previously been hampered by my deck just gradually giving up on me the deeper I got in the cut, eventually giving me unplayable hands to draw-pass versus my opponents. So I think ill dedicate this write up to my friends and the fun I had, those that unlike my decks over the years, have consistently been there to support me all the way.

Thank you all so much.

Only because of the requests I received and so this corny thank you thread doesn’t get deleted, I’ll post the deck I played and those that built it. It was Influenced the most by Chris Fulop and Drew Holton, but the list was definitely aided by the hours that Eric and Jayson put into play testing, thanks a lot guys.

4 Trapinch (3SW/1RR)
2 Vibrava
3 Flygon
1 Flygon Lvl X
2 Machop
1 Machoke
2 Machamp
1 Machamp Lvl X
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Chatot
1 Azelf
1 Uxie
2 Unown G
1 Nidoqueen
1 Nidoran
1 Ditto

4 Call
3 Upper
4 Fightning
2 Psychic

4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Maintenance
1 Premier Ball
1 Lucian
2 Cynthia's Feelings

See you in Hawaii guys,

Sami Sekkoum

Last edited:
Well done Sami, you have brought back 2nd place worlds trophy (if you find your luggage) to prove that the United Kingdom are developing some great players, such as yourself. Your deck looks great, I watched the video on Go-Pokemon and it looked like a terrific game, just wish I could have been there. Once again, Congratulations and I wish you all the best finding your luggage lol.

Great job Sami!! and I really REALLY hope you find your luggage =( Expect a longer post from me once you flesh out your report XD

Oh No :( the airline ate his trophy.

Hope the No 2 trainer card and the Tropical Winds promos weren't lost too.

Another GREAT player that makes me feel like a scrub. :)

Man, TWO stage 2's and TWO LvXs vs. an expected WHOLE FIELD of SPs

Obviously YOU didn't think speed would be a problem at all!
and NO weaville!

You're pro.

that's all i can say about that.

You figured the play and made it work. Just PRO!

Congrats man.

RA: Yeah 2 stage 2s that both happen to be focused purely on beating SP ;) Machamp as a whole was being vastly underrated. I don't feel that "turbo machamp" was ever a viable deck, but the Machamp line as a whole has always been extremely powerful. Flygon is a better pairing than Gengar because it is very difficult to play around or negate with say, Unown G. Stage 2 decks work fine as long as you pack enough compensate for speed ( Upper Energy...Trapinch that gets an energy back, etc )

Excellant week Sami! I had the honor to table judge your T16 match that was oh so close. Well done mate. I'm just glad that the comments from the rail didnt put you on tilt for the T8 match up.

Keith

Back