Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Invite Structure ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-

Does anybody know when we'll hear anything about it? Cities are around the corner and I really have to think about which ones I'm going to play / judge etc. How is it possible we still dont know anything? There are no information out, right? Or did I miss something?

The only thing you've missed is a very tiny hint, located here, under 2010 Spring Battle Roads:

"The Battle Road series is designed to provide players with small, entry-level events on a local scale. Battle Road Spring tournaments give players another opportunity to work on their premier ratings, potentially earning an invite and trip to Worlds. Hundreds of these special events begin in May. "

In other words, this is a possible sign that ranking trips are back in some way, shape, or form. Beyond that (and trends from the past few years), we know nothing.

I thought this hint was removed after someone posted it? Like in "this wasnt ment to be interpreted this way"?

I'm just going under the assumption the structure is the same as last year, given that Cities are 16K and the prizes all appear the same. I don't personally have any idea why we haven't heard anything if it's going to be the same, but what can you do?

I thought it wouldnt be the same since its Hawai?
THough I guess theyc an give out 128 invites since no one can pay for the travel costs himself anyway :/

Pray tell... what the heck is taking them so long to just copy/paste the old invite structure into the new season so we're not waiting around wondering what on earth is going on?

Who said it is the same as last years?

I would assume that it would be, it would make sense as there is no reason to change something the seems to work. Granted if we have more players I would assume that would mean more players should get into Worlds, but to me that seems like wishful thinking.

Drew

Cyrus, nice catch.

Usually I am known for exposing these "subtelties" but there is hope.

None of that stuff gets released unless like 100 people have approved it, I would assume.

Trip, eh.

Vince

from the 2008-2009 BR spring FAQ.
The Pokémon TCG Battle Road Spring tournaments are where players in each of the three POP-recognized age divisions can work on their Premier Ratings, potentially earning a trip to the 2009 World Championships! Results of the Battle Road tournaments count toward your Premier Rating!

ref http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premie...ies/battleroad/spring/info/08-09/answers.html

I suspect that all that has happened is that last years FAQ has been cleaned up a little but much like the Championship FAQ that meganium45 spotted earlier this year I don't think this indicates that there will or wont be paid trips with ratings invites.

click here for another page that uses "invite and trip" http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/archive.html for BR Spring events in 2007, 2008 and 2009

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think there's going to be trips, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. Sure would be nice to know what we have to do for an invite, my Cities start in three days.....

I would love a trip so I could actually go. At least I will be 18 before worlds and can be a guardian for one of the many amazing seniors we have here.

I'd definitely likely to have some information on this. I know it pertains to how many Cities a lot of players are going to try to hit, which start, you know, this weekend. I know a lot of players who will attend 1-2 cities a weekend and drive farther for them if rating invites also net a trip, who will pretty much go to 0 if no trip is attached because they know they won't be able to afford to go otherwise.

Ruiner said:
I'd definitely likely to have some information on this. I know it pertains to how many Cities a lot of players are going to try to hit, which start, you know, this weekend. I know a lot of players who will attend 1-2 cities a weekend and drive farther for them if rating invites also net a trip, who will pretty much go to 0 if no trip is attached because they know they won't be able to afford to go otherwise.

^ Oh look, its the definition of me.

I cannot comprehend how its now almost december and we have no idea whatsoever -

1. How Much K Value anything beyond Cities has
2. How many invites/trips there are to Worlds this year
3. If trips are attached to Worlds this year
4. Anything whatsoever about the National Championships

It's really, really, REALLY frustrating to not know answers to any of the above questions 2 days prior to City Championships starting.

Im just posting here so I notice when there is new information.....

I mean...

"What's going on-on?!?"
-crazy frog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back