Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

X Y Pre release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow-Bario

If you went to an XY pre release, talk about how it went.. what you pulled and what you think this new set is gonna do for the format

The prerelease for this set was great, because just about everyone got an EX! The cards I managed to pull were FA Xerneas EX, Regular Xerneas, Aromatisse, Aegislash, and Slurpuff. Overall I went 4-1 in the actual tournament. Some of the cards that I think will impact the format are Xerneas EX, Yveltal EX, both baby forms of Xerneas & Yveltal, Aegislash, Greninja, Trevenant, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Delphox , Rachu, Rainbow Energy, and just about every trainer.

Yeah. I was thinking pretty much all the same stuff. I went 3-1 in the actual tournament and pulled a skarmory EX. Im ecstatic rainbow is back and cant wait to see some more creative decks pop up.

I went 4-1 in the tourney getting me first place with no ex's or Mr.Auto-win Tauros. It was a fun event but man oh man is it just me or do the pulls seem pretty bad? I along with 4 of my other friends pulled only one holo in our initial 6 packs. Our last two packs were duds too. Atleast it seems like the boxes may be a bit consistent though judging by how our draft went. 2 reg ex's one mega ex and a FA.

I think we're definitely going to see a lot of Fairy. It's got some fun decks in store for us and lots of hype of course. There were a good handful of people trying to collect as many Fairy energy as they could and overpaying for them if need be.

I'd like to know why they decided to stop giving out deckboxes though. That and why are the backs of some cards much darker than usual?

prerelease was nice despite going 1-2, pulled a FA Xerneas ex and 1 each of most of the rares I have my eye on.

I do find it very odd that both Rhydon (stage1) and Rhyperior (stage2) are rares when the stage 1 is usually an uncommon

as for theme deck challenge my pto didn't see an option for getting them for prerelease or thought they were the same decks that came out with legendary treasures instead of the Xerneas Yeltal ones releasing with the set

Well due to the rather odd weather we had down here in Texas (it actually froze & snowed), ours was postponed.

Of course we didn't find out until we got to the store...
Dragon's Lair staff needs to post important info like that on their website ASAP.

Plus the guy who usually runs it (from San Antonio) was also not there either.
With more weird weather on its way (and the fact that this guy is a HUGE football fan) not sure if it's gonna happen.

Last pre-release (Legendary Treasures) was very poorly run IMO.
He never announced that we had to sign up, or that the first pairings were up.

I have mentioned this before, but this guy seems more interested in the $ aspect than the actual tournament.
He always let's is use the promo card (which I am not even certain if we can), and sometimes sells other stuff (like play mats).
He always only takes cash (no credit cards/debit cards).

Plus during the Plasma Blast (or maybe Freeze) one of his kids was in the tournament.
Not really sure how he pulled like 3 Snorlax...so possibly a built deck of all their pulls from earlier pre-release?

Anyhow, if the pre-release doesn't happen, I might just be done with this game.
I went to play cards about two weeks ago (after a long absence due to holidays/illness).
Nobody seemed interested in wanting to play against me (I sat there at least an hour), and everybody else was playing.
A lot of the people seemed more interested in either trading or playing the video game (which I did not bring).

In 21 packs I pulled 2 Xerneas EX, 2 Emolga EX, 1 Blastoise EX, 1 Mega Venusaur EX. I don't think we've had a set with as good of pull rates as this with EX's. Seemed like almost everyone got an EX.

This was my first prerelease and it was amazing! Pulled a FA Yveltal EX from my first pack! Out of my first 8 packs I pulled:
-Yveltal EX FA
-Aromatisse
-Chesnaught
-Rhydon
-Wigglytuff
-Swellow
-Krookodile
-Stoutland (with a reverse holo Yveltal)

I then took part of a solomon draft and pulled another Yveltal EX FA!

Out of 6 boxes I remember these getting pulled:

x2 Yveltal EX FA
x3 Yveltal EX
x2 Xerneas EX FA
x3 Xerneas EX
x3 Emolga EX
x1 Skarmory EX FA
x2 Skarmory EX
x3 Vensuar EX FA
x4 Venusar EX
x2 Blastoise EX FA
x3 Blastoise EX

x2 M Venusar EX
x2 M Blastoise EX

Those are the ones I remember seeing on the tables. That averages 5.3 EXs per box. I'm inclined toward the 5-6 EXs per box rate. Pretty much everyone who attended left with an EX in hand. I was more than happy with my pulls. :)

pink black, brown purple... I think

- - - Updated - - -

yeah My friend pulled skarmory ex and xerneas ex both full art... lucky sun of a gun

its kinda hard to have a dark type deck with no dark pokemon. seeing as one is supposed to be fairy and the other dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back