Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Your first deck.

FriedBlaziken

Do you remember when you didn't know about archetypes, when you played some weird deck that you made up yourself? Well I thought that maybe we could share them.
I'll start off. My first deck was a Walrein HL + Regiice HL+ Milotic HL deck.

Haymaker. I'm serious. Before I really knew about the three archetypes, I had kind of a pseudo-Haymaker. It then got modified into more of a traditional Haymaker deck, largely by adding more copies of cards like Hitmonchan, Professor Oak, Super Energy Removal, and so on.

I'm such an old fogey. I still consider Haymaker, Rain Dance, and Damage Swap to be the only real decks.

My first deck was probably something to do with Water pokemon from Base Set.

Like a 3-2-1 line of Blastoise or something.

I can't remember though...

My first deck was both surprisingly good and surprisingly bad.

Blastoise/Dewgong/Gyarados/Lapras/Dark Dragonair -- Raindance

It was a deck with 25 Pokemon, 25 Energy, and 10 Trainers. No Oak, Comp Search, or Item Finder, though I did manage to max the Bill count, and pulled a couple of SER and Breeder to make Blasty worth something...

Uuuh....I think it was basically a deck of psychic cards that I scraped together and I would just modify it as I got more psychics. I could own my brothers with it but they weren't very good at the time either. My first REAL deck that I actually had a bit of help on was I guess a crummy variation of dragtrode which I lost along with the deck box and is still in my house somewhere.

My first deck was Ampharos/Poliwrath. I liked electric pokemon at that time and i thought poliwrath was one of the coolest pokemon. Ampharos was from neo revelations i think and poliwrath was from expedition. It was pretty slow but that was my first competitive deck i used at my first tournament.

Gengar Fossil/Hypno got me Top 8 in first "major" tourney i played in : )

When i returned... Kingdra Ex DR got me Top 8 at states

My first deck was... wierd. It had FRLG Nidoking, EM Medicham ex, and DX Breeloom as the main pokemon. It only got one win at a Regionals championship but wond half the time at league. That deck was such a mess. :nonono:
~Cyber~

I couldnt tell you what my first deck was, but I can tell you the first deck, I did really good with.

Aerodactly (Fossil) + Techs (Second Turn Aero was awesome)

Ahhh, the memories. I couldnt tell you anything before that as I have played so many decks, I cant remember. I cant even remember what I played during the BS era.

Drew

Last edited:
Back