Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yugi-Oh under "NEW" management!!!

Prof Clay

Old news from last week but interesting...

Konami is taking complete control of our "sister" game Yugi-oh....packaging, distribution, organized play, etc. Upper deck managed the game in the US.

All the competitive Yugi players are in a big worried spin about the future of their game. I can imagine how our players would respond to such huge changes in management.

For all the Yugi-Oh players I know, I hope the game takes a positive turn for you.:thumb:

I hope they make the game more friendly for the "non-rich" people so its easier for everyone the make the top decks.

now Konami needs to make x-reader YGO cards, which will flop, then YGO will make a comeback.

Konami is taking complete control of our "sister" game Yugi-oh....packaging, distribution, organized play, etc. Upper deck managed the game in the US.

All the competitive Yugi players are in a big worried spin about the future of their game. I can imagine how our players would respond to such huge changes in management.

For all the Yugi-Oh players I know, I hope the game takes a positive turn for you.:thumb:

Seeing that KDE now owns the rights, the only thing I could see changing dramatically are the banlists, since those tend to be very different in Japan (example being no instant removal spells, like Nobleman of Crossout, Shield Crush, Smashing Ground, etc.)

Other than that, they'll probably try to make sure that the tournaments are well organized, Hobby League gets the materials needed, etc.

MadHatter said:
I hope they make the game more friendly for the "non-rich" people so its easier for everyone the make the top decks.
Here's the funny thing. A lot of the good materials (Solemn Judgement, for example) have appeared in the pre-constructed decks in Japan. Why they were changed when coming here is beyond my comprehension. Heck, even whole pre-constructed decks haven't made it here

second Joey deck
Marrik deck
Light deck faintly based on the Counter-Fairy archtype
Dark deck because it had all three Deck Viruses in it.

Heck, even our version of the Dark Emperor pre-con was quite different as well...

Yeah, it would be a shame if the pre-con decks sold out quicker assuming they released the pre-con decks the way they were in Japan, but at least it would be easier to get harder-to-get cards.

Yea I hope they do away with $250 cards and $1500 decks.

Generally speaking, most cards (regardless of which game) can be pretty expensive for several reasons
-Rarity (whether it be a rare, holo-foil, or even how old the card is)
-Short Print
-Easy to Play

At least these are the three major reasons I've seen in Yu-Gi-Oh. It can be any reason listed above, or any combination of the reasons listed above. In the case of the Easy to Play argument, however, it'll always have one of the other two reasons with it, most of the time coupled with rarity.

Even if they were to start fixing their rarity issues and how often they print certain cards, the only thing then to worry about is whether you want something shiny or not. Personally, I could care less. It works the same way to me.

Hopefully all of UDE's wrongs will be undone and we will get super allures,commen test tigers,common solemns, rare plaguespreeders, and rare Dark armed dragons then I will start to play yugioh again.

All the competitive Yugi players are in a big worried spin about the future of their game. I can imagine how our players would respond to such huge changes in management.For all the Yugi-Oh players I know, I hope the game takes a positive turn for you.:thumb:

Umm...Remember Wizards of the Coast.... It allready has happened to our game,,, and I think everything turned out just fine.

Umm...Remember Wizards of the Coast.... It allready has happened to our game,,, and I think everything turned out just fine.

Yeah..similar, but Pokemon was terrible shape because of WotC's management (or lack there of...) Yugi-Oh is still a strong viable game witout the change..Pokemon was for all purposes dead in the water in the US

Last edited:
If you are noticing the numbers in North Texas Premier Events, Mainly in Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Garland are from two accounts.

1. A lot of senoirs came up in age.
2. Quite of bit of Yu-gi-oh Players are leaving that game and giving Pokemon a shot.

Speaking as a competive player (and judge) for both games. I perfer Pokemon over Yu-gi-oh. The main thing that hurts Yu-gi-oh is that your ranking doesn't matter in that game. I don't understand it.

If you are noticing the numbers in North Texas Premier Events, Mainly in Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Garland are from two accounts.

2. Quite of bit of Yu-gi-oh Players are leaving that game and giving Pokemon a shot.

Speaking as a competive player (and judge) for both games. I perfer Pokemon over Yu-gi-oh. The main thing that hurts Yu-gi-oh is that your ranking doesn't matter in that game. I don't understand it.

Chances are changes to items such as the ranking system will probably come into effect now that KDE has the rights to the game here...

I hope they fix the rulings. I play dragons in uo-gi-oh and alwas have since I started playing the game. Its hard to tell people that things like the D.D. warriors target when they come across Lord of D. or King Dragun. I lost a game because the judges did not know how to call it. As long as they don't do set rotations, I'm fine. I can afford to games that do that.

Well the rankings are good and bad. For those who don't know to make it to yu-gi-oh Worlds you have to top 4 a National Championship. Nat it an invite only tournament and you have to top 4 a Regionals to qualify (usually a 60-160 person tournament). As stated the rankings mean almost nothing so the + is obiovusly a bad tournament won't kill you since you only have to 4 a Regionals once each year. It also doesn't reward players who have the ability to travel or a forced to miss a tournament.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I lost a game because the judges did not know how to call it.

Yea, you really have to know your rulings since a lot of judges and so called "pro players" don't the rules.

Last edited:
Well, seeing as how Konami practically owned the game anyways, not too surprising to see them wanting to take it over from UDE. UDE isn't that great anyways.

Well the rankings are good and bad. For those who don't know to make it to yu-gi-oh Worlds you have to top 4 a National Championship. Nat it an invite only tournament and you have to top 4 a Regionals to qualify (usually a 60-160 person tournament). As stated the rankings mean almost nothing so the + is obiovusly a bad tournament won't kill you since you only have to 4 a Regionals once each year. It also doesn't reward players who have the ability to travel or a forced to miss a tournament.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Yea, you really have to know your rulings since a lot of judges and so called "pro players" don't the rules.

Yeah, he said D.D. Warrior does not target when it clearly does.

Yea knowing your rulings will win you more games than anything. Alot of people don't know stuff like Smashing Ground and Fissure don't target. But back on topic hopfully prices will come down but the OP will remain the same.

I'm not rich, and I've got serveral good decks. Anyway I think that from here Yugioh can only get better. Hopefully Konami will start reprinting old cards, and going back to the original formula for the game. Even though I am a Pokemon player I must admit Yugioh is fun to play.

id start playing it again if they make it easier to get cards, and the people start being nicer instead of it being about "who can yell at the other the most/get the judge on your side"

Back