Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yugioh in a Hole?

Well, as Konami was taking over the YGO TCG here from Upperdeck, it doesn't mean they have to give Upperdeck anything now, right? Yeah, it sucks, but it doesn't mean Crimson Crisis won't be coming out, there just won't be a sneak peak...right? Sounds more like Upperdeck is a bit pissy they can't distribute/manage/etc. one of the 3 "big" TCGs now.

On the other hand, Upperdeck Day sounds like it will be a blast, even though I have to freaking miss it >.>

I don't know how YuGiOh does it I mean it's dead almost in japan..

Is it? I thought it was still fairly popular over there...

At least here, you can't say it's not popular I think; a good Shonen Jump event will bring in what, a few hundred players likely, and they do offer some good prizes as well. The anime in both Japan and here is in yet another new series, meaning there's a boatload of more cards they can make, etc.

It's all up to konami and what they want to do in the future, because right now, their testing to see if they can still support the players via organized play, sneak peaks, and big tourneys.

I think most of you have to remember that just because there are issues with events and a take over from one company to another doesn't mean the game is in a hole. If you remember Pokemon had a similar situation in 2002/2003 and they recovered quite nicely. :thumb:

Drew

Perhaps if everyone sacraficed there Dark Armed Dragons it would please Konomi and they would let our events return. (If Nothing else it would certainly help the metagame.)

Perhaps if everyone sacraficed there Dark Armed Dragons it would please Konomi and they would let our events return. (If Nothing else it would certainly help the metagame.)

Yes, and while they're at it, we also need to organize bonfires for Gladiator Beasts, Lightsworn, Six Samurai, and others as well :thumb:

But seriously, I'm all for sacrificing those dang Dark Armed Dragons.

I don't have a problem with one big deck I think it should just be affordable to everyone. And as much as everyone hated Glads it was at least an affordible deck.

I guess that's at least another good reason why the Pokemon TCG is better - more decks to choose from, lol. Unless you consider GG/Plox/w/e you want to call it last season.

meh.... I think the synchros really ruined the game. Lots quit after that (like me) and though the game still goes strong, it's not as good as it used to be.

Geartown + Magical Hats

Heck, Geartown + Heavy Storm, Breaker, Mystical Space Typhoon, or any other spell destroying card. Instant Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon on the field. Very cheap materials for a deck, and it's excellent support.

And if you want to stop Tele-DAD, Lightsworn, or any other decent deck, Skill Drain with Elemental Hero Captain Gold and Neos Alius (aka. Little City). Side Deck Shadow Imprisoning and Light Imprisoning Mirrors

Regis_Neo said:
I guess that's at least another good reason why the Pokemon TCG is better - more decks to choose from, lol.
Casual, yes. Tournament, no, unless they actually bring in some Unlimited Tournament support.

I played little city at a Regionals a few months back (Full list 3 Honests and everything) I found I kept drawing into multible copies of Skill Drain and Royal Oppression to often. Granted I usually did open pretty strong with 1 Stratos 3 ROTA and 2 E-Call but I hated top deck 3 skill drain or RO. Oh I X-2 the event.

I played middle city "lol dont" and went 6-4 and SJC San Fran. And with my awesome luck did not play 1 Tele-DaD. But the point is that Anti-Meta has actually worked when?

I liked middle city becuase it was a relatively cheap deck and how many bad top deck TeleDAD's could draw into with a King Tiger on the field, but I could never come up with a list I liked.

In the Summer time, I remember driving out to the Pastimes place just to see if the players are still playing or not. I ask the owner if there still Yu-Gi-Oh going on and he says "No we havent been doing Yu-Gi-Oh for 6 months". That tells me that Yu-Gi-Oh isnt popular anymore these days, probably because of the cards being expensive and the mear fact that the monsters just dont look the same. Also the fact that the Yu-Gi-Oh show hasnt been on in the air causes many people to lose interest and they move onto bigger and better things.

^ I lol. Im pretty sure there is a larger attendance at a yugioh event to pokemon.

But middle city is kind of hard to put together.
I've played with a Tele-DaD once, and i have to say its one of the most fun decks I have played in awhile

Back