Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zach's OMG Games (Barrie BR report) (un-hi-jacked by BDS:P)

smacktack15

Ok, So I guess the title says it, I won all 3 of the BRs I went to undefeated (14 - 0) in Masters:biggrin: As alot of you know, I played Kingdra for all 3. I had my list up a while ago but, I am deciding to take it down. If you need my list, PM to join TSS or Team Cereal

On to the report...

I stayed up until 2:30 AM the night before testing and I was ultra-prepared. I built my dads techy Kingdra (Dittos and Feraligatr) and left for the tourny. I enetered any we had like 9-10 masters if I remember correctly (3 rounds and a Top 2). Here is round 1...

R1 Me (Dra) vs. Dakota G (Kyogre/Dra)

We are pals but, I just went aggro Dra on him (T1 Dra, Uxie, T2 Dol). I love my deck and how it is soooo consistant!

1-0

In between rounds, we gained some new SR players who had fake Porygon-Z Lv.Xs so Winston and I were :lol::lol::lol:ing:p)

R2 Me (Dra) vs. Mark F (Darkrai/Absol/Weavile)

I T3 him (T1 Dra, T1 Uxie, T2 Dol)

2-0

R3 Me (Dra) vs. Curtis C (Mag/Turn/Quaza)

I get a T1 Dra out and start ripping Fire Pokemon. Nuff said

3-0

So I make Top Cut with Curtis and in between rounds I make dumb jokes, slap people with a Dirty Glove (inside joke:p), and stuff.

R4 (Top Cut) Me (Dra) vs. Curtis C (Mag/Turn/Quaza

G1: See R3

G2: See G1

So I am currently undefeated and I have a pretty good ranking.

Props:
Hat Trick
Dirty Gloves
Fake Porygon Z Lv. X
Winston winning in SRs
Pulling an Azelf Lv. X
Trades
My 5th Victory Medal
Almost getting kicked out of the store by Rob (stupid Dice Sacs)

Slops:
Nuthin

Last edited:
Sean: 3 rounds wasnt what I wanted. I was hoping for 5 lol (more wins to potentially be earned:lol:)
BTW, can you give me the info of what happened at the 2 BRs?

Rhodesia123: Consistancy, Tools, and I like set-up over T1 Dra because it is rare to get T1 Dra and T2 Dol at the same time if you don't play a starter.

We had around 20 Masters in each of the 2 Battle Roads in Southern Ontario yesterday and the Kingdra decks did not perform very well, including 1 or 2 lists that were almost identical to yours. I hope you can make it down to the City Championships in December and January, because I think the battles are going to be epic!

Paul: Too bad for Kingdra:lol: BTW, I know I am going to at least 4 (Orillia, Barrie, Angus, and Orangeville)

Chromecatz: Ok, thanks

We had around 20 Masters in each of the 2 Battle Roads in Southern Ontario yesterday and the Kingdra decks did not perform very well, including 1 or 2 lists that were almost identical to yours. I hope you can make it down to the City Championships in December and January, because I think the battles are going to be epic!

Zack would have won tournaments in GTA no question. (Zach it would have been nice if someone else wrote this article about you, don't talk about yourself in the 3rd person! I will talk to you about this later at league) If Zach played at the tournament in Oshawa he would have lost to Geneses! No question. As well as Mississauga last weekend to Geneses as well but probably would have done well in Burlington. I have played both in toronto and up north and can safely say (Back me up Robin) the meta games are different. But I must say that the higher numbers and higher levels of competition were in the GTA.

LucarioLvlX you will have to come to the City Championships up north as they will be great tournaments and there will probably be more than Barrie this year! Time to start to compete with the States for points! We just need some cooperation on the part of the PTO's!!!!

I want to see Winston and Jacob play Charles A. (bad luck for Jacob so far this year as Zack muscled all the kingdras off of him) Charles is a machine! And his dad is slippery sob and a tough match every game.

Anyway working on the Utopia gaming site hope to see you all in Orangeville, Barrie, Angus and Orrillia.

In between rounds, we gained some new SR players who had fake Porygon-Z Lv.Xs so Winston and I were :lol::lol::lol:ing:p)
So I make Top Cut with Curtis and in between rounds I make dumb jokes, slap people with a Dirty Glove (inside joke:p), and stuff.
So I am currently undefeated and I have a pretty good ranking.

Props:
Hat Trick
Dirty Gloves
Fake Porygon Z Lv. X
Winston winning in SRs
Pulling an Azelf Lv. X
Trades
My 5th Victory Medal
Almost getting kicked out of the store by Rob (stupid Dice Sacs)

Slops:
Nuthin
Those weren't the only fake cards I noticed among their stuff that they brought to the event, but that really didn't have any bearing on your report did it? Those who aren't regular at league and who just collect on a small basis are probably not going to have the same eye for fakes. If anything, you should have some empathy Zach. That wasn't very nice on your part.

As for the dirty glove thing - whatever that may be - did you know that inside jokes are not allowed? Speak clearly to be understood. Other than that, I'm glad you have had a hat trick, and I wish you the best with the season, but don't get too cocky, since everyone has the same chance to wipe the floor with every other player. Being a good winner is much more preferable than one who flaunts their winning. A humble attitude will get you much further with people. I'm sure Troy and I would agree with that.

As for the next 2 posters - as a moderator, I'm not too impressed with you, but I'll let it slide this time. A regional specific nationalistic attitude (my region is better than your region) creates divisions and undue strife between the players. Perhaps your posts are a reaction to Zach's haughty attitude, but they still weren't necessary in my books. Mind your manners all of you.

Are all your tournys that easy?

Sounds like you REALLY employed a lot of skill out there...

Garret: The dirty glove was my Dice Bag for the tourny lol and Winston and I thought that the fake cards were cool (I wasn't laughing at their cards though).

Troy: My brother thinks Kingdra is a GODLY deck but, he likes playing different decks (He disliked the dominance of PLOX/G&G/w/e). For the BRs, he has played EmpoZong, Gliscor Tech, and Eggs/Vire and enjoyed the tournies. For the comments about the GTA meta, yes, it is for the most part, more difficult. IDK, if I went to any of the those tournies I would've won but, in my opinion, I would have been doing decent.

Zach you would have done well but I saw what and how people were playing and your chances of winning were no better than anybody else's except for mine. You would have done better than me for sure. But a few of the players have really improved over the off season. So watch out. I think what people are saying is that they saw players as good as you lose with the same deck.

Time to start to compete with the States for points! We just need some cooperation on the part of the PTO's!!!!

Troy, you nailed it. What we need for Cities are schedules that make sense. We need to ensure good spacing of the tourney's schedules. Wasn't there 3 or 4 at one time last year at exactly the same time and then one or two weekends with nothing. When schedules make sense, then we will get good turnouts which in turn will make for more total points available in each age group. I must admit with Junior players, my first concern tournament-wise is whether there will be enough to actually have a podded tournament. Any takers on posted pre-registration for tourney's so we can have an idea of what to expect if we are going to drive for an hour or two?

Sorry Zach for once again hijacking your thread. BTW I too am quite sure you would have done well in the GTA tournaments, but I think the concern is that when the Barrie pool of players and the GTA pool of players stop participating in each other's events then we don't get the advantage of really advancing our top players in the rankings as the top ranked players have no one of equivalent ranking to play against. Sure that will happen at Provincials and Regionals, but if you look at the point distribution this year, its highly centred around Cities.

Let's hope we get good schedules and lots of cross-pollenation for Cities.

Terry; I agree that we need to spread out tournies more evenly (BRs included). I don't understand what you are saying when you are talking about high-ranked players battling non-equivalent players. At the moment, Geneses and I have an approximately equal ranking (At least that is what I predict will happen after his Missisauga tourny gets uploaded) so if we were to battle, we would gain equal points (if this isn't what you are talking about, then idk?:lol:). For BRs, I would have loved to go to all of the GTA events (except when Garret has a local one...gotta rep for Barrie...in Barrie:p) but, my dad had to finish his house, traveling for a 4k event is too much $$$, and homework happens too right???:p

For Cities, I will try to rake in the points and see if I can make it for all of them. I agree, lets hope for good schedules. An idea that I thought of... idk about Garret and Marvin but, we should throw the idea around of Friday Night tournies, Saturday Morning and Afternoon tournies, and Sunday morning tournies (4 per weekend sounds good to me)

Sebastion (sp.): Are you coming to any Cities, I still didn't get to battle you yet (we were opposite sides of cut at Regionals:lol:)

Terry, sounds good in principle, but rarely works irl. I know Marvin has many more stores to work with than I currently do, and can easily scuttle any attempts I might make at scheduling. If I put an event for a particular day, he can put two together on the same day where geographically it's possible to go to both events. Therefore more people are prone to enter his events than mine. It would be nice to have co-operation with him - but from my experience so far that is still forthcoming. There has only been one time he has ever considered not scheduling a date - because I asked him to do so. That was quite some time ago. I won't subjugate players from up here to secondary status, and submit them to awkward play times just because he can schedule the best tournament event times. If my schedule helps you as players, that would be fantastic. As of this time, I only have 4 venues that I would consider able to have these events - and that's only if POP allows me to have that many. Only time will tell. However Marvin has probably 8 (or certainly close to it). It's much tougher for him to schedule them all. Now with that many potential events (his and mine put together), you're bound to have overlap. Hopefully it won't be large. I will do what I can - but I won't say that my events will always be the best deal for you as players. Sometimes you have to make a choice as to who you think makes the best events. If that's Marvin due to less gas cost for you, or a chance to attend more than one event during a day, then by all means, go to his events. I won't begrudge you that. If you have other considerations that make it easy to make the decision to come to my events, then so be it. All I ask is that you go to anyone's events if you have a chance. Marvin and I are not competing with each other (or at least I don't think so). The more players we have here in Ontario, the better we look when it comes to scheduling more events here.

Now that that has been said - and I apologize to Zach for totally hijacking his thread - if I were to schedule a Friday night event in Angus, how many do you think would show up, and what time should I schedule it for? If this is a flop, Angus will be lost as a venue. I won't put out the money for a venue that isn't supported by the players.

Garret: Yeah, my plan back-fires somewhat but, you never know. If you set it at 7-8 at night until lets say 12, you would attract Masters and older SRs (maybe even some tough JRs) and it might be a hit (nobody runs tournies on Friday = no conflicting schedules, something new, more points, and an extra touny). Just an idea. For Angus, why don't you try to attract people by running a Barrie and Angus tourny on the same day (it worked for Missisauga/Burlington and Etobicoke/Hamilton)

Dragonwarrior: Thanks for backing me up but, I don't want to get a thread about better players in Ontario and stuff. To settle this here is what I think...

Barrie area: Has less attendance, more leisurely playing style, has the 3 best players in all of Canada (Myself, Winston, and Paige) as seen @ go-pokemon.com

Toronto(GTA): Tough opponents, different meta-game, skilled players, and more attendance

These are my views but, I don't want to get bashed about them as I think they are true. Whatever any person feels about the tournies I have won (Black Mamba, ChromeCatz, and Pokekid) they can say what they want to say but, they are still tournies won that count towards points. I must admit that I can be cocky but, for the most part, I live up to what I say. I will try to tone down my cockiness in the future:lol:

Garret: You can hijack my thread lol:p

Last edited:
Back