Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why do we NOT have a TCG Videogame like Yugio?

Yugioh have more than just 1 game, the latest game was released in may and had all cards from like february and before in it. It was called "Stardust Accelerator".
And everyday you can download a new cards:D

Here's what I mean by clunky.

You couldn't see your hand when looking at the field.

You couldn't see the field when looking at your hand.

You couldn't see the discard pile... etc.

Deck searches were very inexpertly performed. Does it really matter the order of the deck when you search? Lemme know how many of each card is in the deck, sort it somewhat nicely (if I'm looking for a Pokemon, put those at the top), and make it search nicely.

The board layout was beyond awful. I couldn't see any of the information I needed to best prepare my strategy, such as the Pokemon in play, the damage on each Pokemon, and the energy attached to the Pokemon.

Stuff like that makes me call the game "clunky".

Even with all those problems the TCG game was kinda fun.And i'm sure that with current hardware all those things will get eliminated. Just looking at the yugioh games you can see that is is possible to do it.

I would love a DS or Wii game of Pokemon TCG. it would be great if there were updates you can download through DSiWare or WiiWare for new sets or ruling changes etc. Just like they do for Madden on 360, they have updates for roster changes etc.

I would even buy a new DSi or Wii if there was such a game...

What about on the PC? Any official Pokemon game on the PC, I'd probably die of a heart attack...

If a Pokemon TCG Videogame was released, it would be the best thing since sliced bread :p You could easily tets decks on there, even if you have no one to play with in real life! Plus, you can test decks before having to buy in cards for decks that might unfourtunatley ... fail (And thus you wouldn't have wasted your money). I would most definatly purchase this! I personally think that the WII would be a better choice of console, because the DS screens are a bit small and might be hard to read/understand etc. I would love if they let you say comments like 'Why did you play that Warp Point with only a Claydol on your bench?' Or 'N00B ALERT!!' :D

Donezator

Two reasons.

1. A lot of people already play Pokemon vidya when they start the TCG. They already have a DS. Why pay more to play?

2. Most tournament prizes are simply more cards, so not much is at stake. Therefore, again, why pay more to play when you have a limitless supply of virtual cards?

If a Pokemon TCG Videogame was released, it would be the best thing since sliced bread :p You could easily tets decks on there, even if you have no one to play with in real life! Plus, you can test decks before having to buy in cards for decks that might unfourtunatley ... fail (And thus you wouldn't have wasted your money). I would most definatly purchase this! I personally think that the WII would be a better choice of console, because the DS screens are a bit small and might be hard to read/understand etc. I would love if they let you say comments like 'Why did you play that Warp Point with only a Claydol on your bench?' Or 'N00B ALERT!!' :D

Donezator

Wii would be a terrible system for this game, if it only wii, as many people hate the wii as much as soe love it. And as far as testing, sure its possible to use it for testing, but I'de rather use redshark or proxie things.
My 2 cents, but don't get me wrong, I'de buy it for DS.

allready said: We will buy this!
not allready said: I wonder what pokepop's veiw on this is...

Well, I for one would buy this in a heartbeat as with most of the Pokemon Community. It's LONG overdue, and with DSi's download capability u could just update everytime a new set comes out.

But, what are we doing discussing it here? There has to be some better way that we can actually get the attention of Nintendo, any ideas?

To any TPC-i people reading this thread:

Could you give us more insight into why there hasn't been a game like this seriously produced, marketed, and released on a wide scale?

Any argument against there being a Pokemon TCG for DS is instantly invalid for one reason:

Pokemon Trozei. If Nintendo took the time to produce something like that, then they sure as heck have the resources and potential to produce a PTCG for DS.

Redshark with prize virtual packs? Yes thank you! Dude I have been wanting this since the old game. Rogue... You scare me with how much you think like me....

I think it is pretty hard to make an AI which plays the game well. In the YGO games I have played, the only reason any duels are hard is when you still have to play with crappy cards cos you haven't won enough packs. As soon as you can make a good deck you pretty much walk over everyone. The AI always falls for the same tricks and makes the same obvious plays (and misplays).

That's just something you have to accept: AI's can be easily deceived, messed with, etc. However, they can still be good.

Plus, if you're really disappointed with the AI and can't find any friends to play against, then you can just write your own. :tongue:

Well, I do a bit of computer game programming and I really don't think it would be THAT hard to create a code that alters what the Computer enemy does, depending on: Cards in hand, Current Energies available to play (Eg. Your active has enough energies attached already, so attach to one of the bench Pokemon that will be used next) etc etc. I think you would also have to program it to realise what cards in a deck are Main Attackers and so what to bring up when one is knocked out, what to attach energies to etc (It would be a bit rubbish if the game was attacking with Claydols or Uxies...). I think it might be challenging, but most definatley possible.

Donezator

I have an app on my iPhone for Scrabble where you can set the computer player to make the best possible play it has with the tiles it has every single turn. Surely, Pokemon is a lot more complex than that, but it shouldn't be impossible to create an AI that can search the hand and field for current possible plays, ignore poor ones and consider good ones, calculate the probabilities of topdecking what it needs with the Felicity's Drawing in its hand, calculate whether that is the best play over just searching for something else with a Bebe's Search, and so on.

Main reason we don't have a TCG videogame like Yu-Gi-Oh: Because Nintendo sucks.

Seriously, look at the success of the YGO videogames; people keep buying them year after year, despite the fact no one cartridge has all the cards, only some new ones and older junk ones being tossed out (well, usually...). Now granted, the AI in the YGO videogames isn't the brightest one out there, but it's ok at times, and there's always online mode to play others as well. Really, if they wanted to expand the reach of the TCG, they should make a videogame of it. People still buy the YGO videogame and cards, so it's not like they'll suddenly stop buying Pokemon cards if they get the videogame.

I don't think the argument of people stopping buying cards if they have the videogame is valid.

As long as there are tournaments, people will purchase cards.

Back