Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2011 - San Diego, CA USA

No one in this thread would be complaining about where world's is held at if it stayed an invite only event and you couldn't grind-in. Besides, isn't your local nationals tournament the premier event for you anyway? I know it is here in the states attendance-wise. Where world's is held at only matters for about the top 1% of players who are good enough to get invites or good enough to grind-in. You don't see any of the other top players complaining in this thread cause guess what, they're already at worlds! LOL

PCUI can (and does) have world's wherever they feel like. All the people complaining about fair must not be over 13 (or whatever age it takes you to realize that life isn't fair)

Seriously POP? The CA again? First you move nats to the middle of the stupid country so all the players on the East Coast have to go even farther, and now you put Worlds on the West Coast again? Seriously? I'm really starting to think that POP just doesn't care about the players on the East Coast. This sucks. :/

I dare you to present the old argument that the East Coast has nats so we can't complain about worlds location... Really, what do we have now? Nothing. :/

Why the hell would it matter? Its 90 degres right now which is very bearable. Last time I checked Cali is pretty hot too. Anyway you coming to play pokemon, INDOORS where there is AIR CONDITIONING.

Dude, I grew up in NC, which is a cooler Florida. 90 in LA/SD doesn't feel anything like 90 in NC/FL. 90 in LA/SD feels good.

2004: Orlando, Florida
2005: San Diego, California
2006: Anaheim, California
2007: Kona, Hawaii
2008: Orlando, Florida
2009: San Diego, California
2010: Kona, Hawaii
2011: San Deigo, California

6 West cost 2 east coast. 'nuff said.

well, I guess this means I wont have to travel much to help my kids earn an invite, like I did the last time it was in Orlando. Less events and no need to buy to many cards.

Thanks for thinking of the average players POP, or whatever initials it is these days.

can someone from staff confirm this?

and if it truly is in Sd i am grateful. chicago would have been better but SD is good.

Seriously POP? The CA again? First you move nats to the middle of the stupid country so all the players on the East Coast have to go even farther, and now you put Worlds on the West Coast again? Seriously? I'm really starting to think that POP just doesn't care about the players on the East Coast. This sucks. :/

I dare you to present the old argument that the East Coast has nats so we can't complain about worlds location... Really, what do we have now? Nothing. :/

2004: Orlando, Florida
2005: San Diego, California
2006: Anaheim, California
2007: Kona, Hawaii
2008: Orlando, Florida
2009: San Diego, California
2010: Kona, Hawaii
2011: San Deigo, California

6 West cost 2 east coast. 'nuff said.

So your own country has hosted a Worldwide event which people from all over the world have to travel to for the last 7 years, and you complain because it's not on the right side of your country? I can't believe that it seems that more people are complaining from the country where it's going to held in, then others who are preparing to travel thousands of miles to it. I never understand this :confused:

So your own country has hosted a Worldwide event which people from all over the world have to travel to for the last 7 years, and you complain because it's not on the right side of your country? I can't believe that it seems that more people are complaining from the country where it's going to held in, then others who are preparing to travel thousands of miles to it. I never understand this :confused:

Beacuse either way people from other countries HAVE to travel no matter what. They have accepted this but americans want it closer to them. Had it been in orlando it would have been $10 to get there now it will most likely be $1000+

Even though San Diego does nothing but benefit me I don't understand/support the logic of a west coast biased 3 years in a row. I would've loved to have seen it in FL this year.

Ahh, San Diego again. Mixed feelings about this one as I'm from Malaysia and would like to visit other parts of the US after attending worlds last year in SD. But really I wouldnt mind after being delayed by 30 hours last year for a typhoon in Taiwan en route to california. But then it will cost us less since it's in California. Good weather too. Seeyou there then. Cheers :)

Beacuse either way people from other countries HAVE to travel no matter what. They have accepted this but americans want it closer to them. Had it been in orlando it would have been $10 to get there now it will most likely be $1000+

But if people from other countries accept that POP heavily favours American locations and that they'll have to travel/pay more money, couldn't you say that people from the East Coast should accept that they favour desinations on the West Coast and do the same? It's gonna cost me more then $1000 to get there as well, and I really would have liked it in Florida but I think that this location desicion affects those who live in Europe alot more cost wise.

California:
Better weather
Better girls
Better beaches
Better surrounding cities
No hurricanes
No humidity (or very mild humidity)
No floods
No tornadoes
No summer rains
Closer to Japan

I <3 California

Not too disappointed in San Diego, it's the nicest city I've ever been in. If Worlds is in Hawaii again in 2012 I'm going to be pissedddddd though...

California:
Better weather
Better girls
Better beaches
Better surrounding cities
No hurricanes
No humidity (or very mild humidity)
No floods
No tornadoes
No summer rains
Closer to Japan

I <3 California

All that from someone that lives in California of course.

Back