Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston, Texas Pokemon TCG & VGC Regional Championships - April 14 & 15, 2012

I figured as much, since I saw the Menchaca crew on there....LOL.....See you in a week at Texas States.

And to be honest, the photos are from a couple of years ago. I somehow lost the last two years of photos but I know the photos are on a disc somewhere in my house.

Another video is on the way, stay tuned and our plans are to make a video of the winners and post it afterwards.

Im eager to come down to Houston again for some nice matches. Ive always had a great time at regionals!
Posted with Mobile style...

Would you be interested in running any alternate format tournaments? Common/uncommon, draft, singleton, unlimited, DX-on expanded, etc...Lots of possibilities!

I guess more to the point, though: would anyone else be interested in playing in these? Mike won't be interested in running them unless others are interested in playing. :p

I'd love to draft.

I already have my time and tickets to come down this year.

Gonna be great working with Mike and the rest of the Judge team this year!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=154661237930508

ALERT ALERT ALERT

I got a phone call this morning from the hotel telling me we booked all our rooms. WOW, AWESOME!

We've added more rooms so there's no reason NOT to to stay with us at the Hilton.

You've got until March 30th to get the GREAT Pokemon rate.

Ask for the Pokemon block / $79.00 + tax = under $93.00 and free internet in your room and YES, the tournament IS IN THE HOTEL, no traveling from point A to B.

Don't forget, ALL names on the Pokemon block list (provided by the hotel) will be in a raffle for a sealed box of Next Destinies.

Don't forget if you're flying in, FREE shuttle every 30 minutes to BUSH IAH.

FREE shuttle anywhere with in 5 miles of hotel.

FREE parking inside garage or outside.

FREE visiting with ME.
-------------------------

More announcements coming soon, such as Friday night side events, weekend contests, and vendors. Notice the "s" on vendors.

We will announce more info after States. Stay tuned for vendor info, side events on Friday night, and all the different contest throughout the weekend.

I already have my time and tickets to come down this year.

Gonna be great working with Mike and the rest of the Judge team this year!!!!

Do do envy you, traveling from state to state judging.

...FREE visiting with ME...

Quite frankly, I can't think of a better reason to come! In fact, I'm gonna be disappointed if the entire Gym doesn't show up now that this information is public...

*Looks at binders. Pulls out old school cards. Throws together a deck. Brushes dust off sealed pre release sleeves. THe testing has BEGUN!*

---------- Post added 03/18/2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

Shared on my Facebook wall!! Great Job Tiny!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and I ain't talkin' Cleffa!

---------- Post added 03/18/2012 at 08:30 PM ----------

Do do envy you, traveling from state to state judging.

Quite frankly, I can't think of a better reason to come! In fact, I'm gonna be disappointed if the entire Gym doesn't show up now that this information is public...

The whole GYM would be crazy if they don't show up in Houston. I'm tellin' you, I'm gonna rock Regionals for all the players.

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 11:23 AM ----------

Last edited:
quick question. Will there be a place to playtest on friday like last year?

pokemon regionals championships schedule:

Friday, april 13 - 6:30 pm - 1:00 am - open gaming in pokemon ballroom. Open gaming available in atrium outside the ballroom all day.

Saturday, april 14 - pokemon tcg championships - 8:00 am - 10:00 am registration, deck checks, and announcements / round 1 follows.

Sunday, april 15 - top 16 cut for tcg at 8:00 am / pokemon vgc championships - juniors & seniors am / masters pm - times posted soon.

1234567890--=05467898

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

also side note. when i called today tehy said i booked the last room in the block.

Okay so flight booked, and hotel reserved.

Can anyone help me figure out how the shuttle works from IAH to the venue?

Call the hotel directly and let them know that you will need a shuttle and when (provide flight info and what terminal). 281-875-2222 - They start the shuttle at 5:00 am and run through 11:30 pm and run every 30 minutes.

---------- Post added 03/20/2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

1234567890--=05467898

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

also side note. when i called today they said i booked the last room in the block.

Just called the Hilton, we have plenty of rooms available, don't worry, book your rooms now, you have until March 30th to get this rate.

Last edited:
Vendor Information for Houston Regionals:

Troll and Toad - Buying in bulk, buying and selling singles, selling other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday only)

Strikezone - Buying and selling singles and selling other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday and possibly Sunday)

Space Cadet Collections - Selling singles and other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday and Sunday)

Possibly two more vendors coming in, we'll let you know if added.

Stuff - Booster packs, theme decks, plushies, all kinds of Pokemon stuff. I would assume each vendor will have something different from the others.

Vendors will be open at 8:00 am - 8:30 am and can shut down anytime after swiss rounds, it's up to them. We have no say with how they buy or sell, you will need to contact them if you have questions. All vendors will have Pokemon related items only, other than the generic sleeves, deck boxes, and play mats.

Hey guys! I just got off the phone with the hotel (after receiving calls from some of you). We've added more rooms to the block, and I made sure they added more of the Standard 2Q (2 Queens).

Please keep in mind that although the special rate is good through the end of the month (March 30th deadline), we are very much limited by the hotel inventory. Most of the rooms booked in our block are for the 2Q rooms, and they don't have a lot of those left. And when they're gone, they're gone. It doesn't matter if we still have a week to go until the deadline.

:)

VERY IMPORTANT!

It has come to our attention that some of the families or players that booked at the Hilton Houston North are not coming up under our room block. If you booked a room at the hotel, please let me know. Simply send me a private message on here or email me at [email protected]. All I need is the name the room or rooms are booked under.

Remember, every name on the list is put in a raffle for a sealed box of Next Destinies and yes, your name goes in for each night booked. I would hate to see you miss out because your name wasn't on the list, so don't get left out.

Friday night side events and extra weekend contest will be posted soon, just wrapping up some loose ends.

Looking for non judging Staff. We'd like a couple more runners and a couple of non playing parents to help out with other tasks. Staff only during Swiss Rounds on Saturday and Sunday. Shoot me a pm on here or email me at [email protected] if you would like to help out and earn some super duper Next Destinies packs for the kiddos.

Last edited:
Back