Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

08 Aust. Nats Thread: Top cuts fixed.

Jason

Updated: To POP attention: Please make Masters have T8, not T16. The First, the Second, the Third and the Fourth seeds dislike the idea of T16 plus it is far too much (as we only have 28 players so with T16, it will cover over 50% of the players) so T8 is enough, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :(

Right now is 9.40pm

Please address this issue within 12 hours ;(

=====================

This is the event coverage thread of the Australian National Championships.
You will get some updates a couple of time during each day. It will be taken place over 2 days, with Saturday being the Swiss rounds and Sunday being the Top Cut.

Right now is 7.40am - Saturday 3rd May. Keep it in mind that we are like 14 hours ahead of the East Coast Time Zone, 15 if in the Texas, 16 if in Mountain West and 17 if in Pacific.

There will be some updates during the day, when any of the Australians able to post any.

So from like less than 2 hours, my team will be heading out of the house - to the National Championships venue.

That's all to be said, as I am just letting many of you know that the Australian National Championships is going to be on over the weekend.

Cheers,

Jason.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

(can a mod move this to intl forum, my mistake in posting this in the TCG News...)

Last edited:
AND THE WINNER IS THE FIRST MAN TO FORK OVER $18!!!!!!!!!!!
GL Australians, may the best man win.

Lol.

2nd round is over and its lunchtime for now.

Number of players for each division

Juniors: 9 - 4 rounds + T4

Seniors: 21 - 5 rounds + T16

Masters: 26 - 5 rounds + T16

(not sure about it is T16 or T8, will doublecheck later).

Total: 56.

That is still, an increase from 52 last year.... :S:S

^^;

i will list decks or whatever at end of the day

btw. im 1-1 with plox, stupid darkrais :'(

Go Aaron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it to worlds aaron, and stay out of malaysia's nats.

1st warning u bizarre dooodoobrain.

Lmk when krucifier pwns you jason. :p jk
What's winning? What's failing? Why do you guys have so few people there? That's smaller than most american states. :(

Lol.

The day 1 is done.

Juniors have T4, Seniors and Masters have T8.

I made it into the 4th seed. :)

Juniors
1. Jayson C.
2. Naomi M.
3. Andrew C.

Seniors
1. Sam H.
2. Shaun M.
3. Jared I.
4. Aaron C.
5. Stuart M.
6. Peter G.
8. Justin T.

Masters
1. Sean T.
2. QC N.
3. Marcus R.
4. Jason W.
5. Que San N.
6. Ashley K.
7. Joey F.
8. James C.

Amazing that all of the Gardelade variants made the top cut, except for one, which had alot of ridiculously bad luck.

(i will fill out the gaps when I get my notebook as its in the boot and im typing it as im in the car right now...)

Cheers

Jason

Hey guys.

I am abusing the crap out of Plox with Blastoise delta. Haha. I went 4-1 and I am the third seed.

The game I lost was due to time. And I made a few misplays. (I KO'd my own Pokemon? WTF?), but ultimatly, I lost it due to time. Haha.

My final game was really really crappy. My opponent was a pretty uber cheater and a general **** wit. I got given a game loss because he LIED to the Judge and said I showed him my prizes. Which was BS. Funnily enough, he tried to attach 3 energies in ONE turn, oh yeah, he also tried to deckstack a heap. (He never showed when he mulliganed, he also grabbed 3 cards with Furret.) Anyway, I won the next game then donked him in sudden death. It was lol.

Tomorow should be interesting. My first round is against last years Nationals 2nd placer. And he is using Mantine d/Raikou/Sableye CG/Latios GE... Should be reaaaaaalllyy crazy.

Thanks for the praise, Anthoy and Z-man. Haha.

Crewseefire out. :D.

nationals is so epic.......
i am 4-1 4th seed.
I got donked in round 3. Duskull start and got owned t2 via torchic burn.. Won game two easily but lost on time in game three.

Krucifier isnt lying. Liam callaway is a cheat.
btw using plox with furret and dusknoir.

I'm up against random absol/gardy deck with crobat wth?

Oh gl jared david is easy i owned him. He plays 3 beach and 3 cessation so time ur tauros/cyclone

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Decks.

Juniors
1. Jayson C. - GG/Banette
2. Naomi M. - Random
3. Andrew C. - Magmortar/Blaziken/Claydol

Seniors
1. Sam H. - Plox w/ Dusknoir
2. Shaun M. - Flygon ex d/Blaziken/Claydol
3. Jared I. - Plox w/ Blastoise d
4. Aaron C. - Plox w/ Dusknoir
5. Stuart M. - GG/Absol w/ random crobat
6. David S - Raikou/Mantine/Sableye/Latios
7. Peter G. - Banette
8. Justin T. - Magkiss

Masters
1. Sean T. - Plox
2. QC N. - Magkiss
3. Marcus R. - Empalkia
4. Jason W. - Plox w/ techs
5. Que San N. - Plox
6. Ashley K. - GG
7. Joey F. - Banette
8. James C. - Hounchkrow and random dark stuff

Last edited:
At the beginning of the day, it was announced that Juniors would be top 2, Seniors top 4, Masters top 8, which was reasonable with those numbers (Masters has 28, not 26, I believe). After a couple of rounds it was announced that this had been changed: Juniors top 4, Seniors top 8, Masters top 16. These numbers are farcical, 16 cut from 28 in particular. I asked the TO/HJ why the change had occurred, since POP tournament operation procedures suggest that top 16 should not come into effect until there are at least 46 players. I was told not to question the decision, and that some of the players had asked for a top 16 so it had been changed.

Is it now acceptable for a TO to change the top cut when a few players whine because they're scared they won't make the top 8?

(I must admit my interest in this - I'm second after Swiss and will be extremely annoyed should I lose in the first round of top cut.)

Oh, for the record, I'm playing Magkiss, and my matchups today were: Blastoise 2-1, Magmortar/Blaziken 1-1 sudden death 1-0, Rayquaza ex d/Raichu 2-0, Empalkia 2-0 and Plox 0-2.

Yaaaaaay
#1 after swiss, undefeated...lolol
i definatly have a invite for sure, just dont have the money....

Rd1 Blissvire Massimo (Table 16 or something)
Rd2 GG Ashley (Table 11)
Rd3 Banette Joseph OMG (Table 2)
Rd4 BMC Noob with **** trainers lol (he had like 3 scotts, speed stadiums and prof birches, no starter, just magmar and torchic lolz) (Table 2)
Rd5 Magkiss QC (Table 1)

GG everyone,good luck for tomorrow!!!! Top cut! :)

There were no ghost players.....
lol the whole tournament was legit except for the fact that we have MD pre-release way before its release, and changing of the top 2, top 4, top 8 ...to Top 4, Top 8, Top 16
besides that BS, everything was all kool

Last edited:
Back