Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-2-23 Crobat G PL 47/127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Crobat G...

How can one really go about rating this card? In certain decks, it really shines, but in others... You'd be better with a Poke Blower+. Toxic Fang is a good attack, but is stopped by Unown G, Toxicroak G, and Zangoose, as well as other cards that people are playing to avoid Status Conditions and attack effects. As for Flash Bite, it's great... If you have a way to reuse it or you need it to make a KO.

Like I said, I just can't rate this card...

Flash Bite is epic. This is a hidden semi-Jolteon* remake. I honestly don't know what to give this card. I can be a 1 or it can be a 10.

It's a 4/10 in any deck, but slightly higher for specific G decks. In all sense, this card isn't that great to G decks anyhow, but can really help giving that extra kick to give a knock out ticket.

Maybe we'll just agree to disagree, but I think that Crobat G deserves a solid 9 - if not 10 - out of 10, regardless of deck.

This is one of the best cards in the game's history. Because of it, it is actually feasible to FTKO a Pokemon with 100 HP (excluding Machamp)...Now if that's not insane, then I don't know what is.

...Not to mention that it puts, like, a bajillion things in KO range.

Last edited:
I can appreciate how they're trying to, somehow, preserve some aspects of the original Stage 2 card (double poison).

I think that it's an annoying little tech w/ Roserade, Shaymin, or Gliscor.
The reason I say this is because he can poison and ANYTHING that can 1 shot him is something they really don't want to lose. So, it's a nice little way to invite up their main attacker and Smack him with something you have on standby. The free retreat suggests that it's intended to fall back and give up it's energy to the follow up attacker (via. Bronzong G or Gardevoir PT)

5/10 Two energy for ONLY a poison move (in most cases 20 damage) is eh...

WOW !

I think that this is the best uncommon PKMN in PT !

U can play it in each deck and u have searchable + Power (so u can play RR and find Crobat and another card instead of playing Buck . . .).

It has free retreat cost, solid 80 HP (for basic PKMN) and interesting attack, which can be distruptive . . .

Ok, atttacks cost is PC, but with Gain it is for P and for P double Poison ? Hmmm solid card.

10/10

Crobat G on its own isn't that impressive. It is a horrible one-of Tech. If you're going to use Crobat G, always put at least 2 in your deck. What makes it a top tier card is the incredible synergy it offers to any deck, especially SP Decks.

In SP Decks, 3 or 4 Crobat G are preferable. There is never any reason not to have 3+ Crobat G in an SP deck.

Flash Bite can best be described as a force multiplier. It works best when you can use it 2, 3, or 4 times in a round without warning. It gets around annoying Poke-Powers like Gengar's Fainting Spell and Poke-Bodies like Manectric's. It even bypasses Unown G, since it's a Power effect and not an Attack effect.

Toxic Fang is fairly mediocre. Even with Energy Gain, about the only thing it will do is force a retreat, at least if your opponent doesn't want to have 60 damage on their active Pokemon by the end of your next turn.

It's the combos that make Crobat G shine.

Flash Bite + Honchkrow G's Target Attack lets you hit any of your opponent's benched pokemon for 50 total damage. You can shut down Claydol draws before they ever get a chance to be played.

Poketurn allows you to return Crobat G (and any attached Energy Gains, Unown G, or Energy) to your hand 100% of the time, no flips, no costs. You can then replay Crobat G immediately for another Flash Bite use. Combined with multiple copies of Crobat G, the damage can add up extremely quickly.

Crobat G is not necessarily a terrible start, because it has free retreat. You'll miss out on a Flash Bite usage, but your strategy is in no way impeded. Fighting Resistance and 80 HP make it essentially undonkable, save T1 Machamp.

Lightning weakness is bad if Ampharos catches on, but on the other hand, Damage Bind works against your opponent if you Flash Bite a pokemon they use for Draw Power.

Finally and probably the coup de grace, Crobat G is inherently expendable. If it is KO'd and sent to your discard pile, if you can in any way reconstitute it to your hand or deck, you can use/search for it and use Flash Bite again for another free damange counter on an opponent's pokemon of your choosing. Meanwhille if you used Toxic Fang on the way out and your opponent didn't retreat their active in the interim, they'll have 40 less HP by the time your next turn is over.

9/10 easy. Its only actual drawback is it requires an extra deck space or two to really be effective.

Last edited:
these Sp cards are really hard to rate..since they only work well with other SP cards. :frown:
Poke power, 1 counter for free not bad. =1point,
attack, 2 just to poision..two counters a turn..drapion is really better IMO.=1point.
the nice Hp like all Sp cards. =1point.
3/10.
I will say however in a SP deck 8/10. its attack is still rubbish compaired the pokepower of sTank.

Pluspower that can be tutored. Superb with Poketurn's, SSU's (not that you'd need to use them with Poketurns already in said deck) and Palkia G Level X, which you can get rid of it. You can also just throw it in front of a target and night maintenance it back at a later date.

Stand alone, its not so great, but it is an excellent tech for any G Deck, and perhaps maybe even any non G-deck that can get it off the bench, because it is in truth, a tutorable pluspower, something to place damage anywhere to snipe with Honchkrow, and an utter pain in the butt.

For G-decks, this guy is a must have. For non G-decks, maybe not so much, but if you need that extra 10 HP's, this guy is REALLY cool. Imagine him in Regigigas! Dump the guy onto the field to get some pesky 110 HP pokemon that extra damage, sacrifice him, and then Giga Blaster ftw. And you can't exactly look for Pluspowers. We already know Gigas runs maximum Roseanne's.

this is a semi-staple to any good SP deck. it goes along great with a skuntank and toxicraok combo. so you poison, then hit for 60, then lay down a few crobats for some damage, then poison for a guaranteed 70+.
plays really well in PT amphi decks.

i give it a solid 8/10, and 9/10 if you know how to play it right.

Can do some great jobs, like mentioned you need to have a deck build around it.

9/10 for the executing moves, much like jolteon*

Crobat G on its own isn't that impressive. It is a horrible one-of Tech. If you're going to use Crobat G, always put at least 2 in your deck. What makes it a top tier card is the incredible synergy it offers to any deck, especially SP Decks.

In SP Decks, 3 or 4 Crobat G are preferable. There is never any reason not to have 3+ Crobat G in an SP deck.

Flash Bite can best be described as a force multiplier. It works best when you can use it 2, 3, or 4 times in a round without warning. It gets around annoying Poke-Powers like Gengar's Fainting Spell and Poke-Bodies like Manectric's. It even bypasses Unown G, since it's a Power effect and not an Attack effect.

Toxic Fang is fairly mediocre. Even with Energy Gain, about the only thing it will do is force a retreat, at least if your opponent doesn't want to have 60 damage on their active Pokemon by the end of your next turn.

It's the combos that make Crobat G shine.

Flash Bite + Honchkrow G's Target Attack lets you hit any of your opponent's benched pokemon for 50 total damage. You can shut down Claydol draws before they ever get a chance to be played.

Poketurn allows you to return Crobat G (and any attached Energy Gains, Unown G, or Energy) to your hand 100% of the time, no flips, no costs. You can then replay Crobat G immediately for another Flash Bite use. Combined with multiple copies of Crobat G, the damage can add up extremely quickly.

Crobat G is not necessarily a terrible start, because it has free retreat. You'll miss out on a Flash Bite usage, but your strategy is in no way impeded. Fighting Resistance and 80 HP make it essentially undonkable, save T1 Machamp.

Lightning weakness is bad if Ampharos catches on, but on the other hand, Damage Bind works against your opponent if you Flash Bite a pokemon they use for Draw Power.

Finally and probably the coup de grace, Crobat G is inherently expendable. If it is KO'd and sent to your discard pile, if you can in any way reconstitute it to your hand or deck, you can use/search for it and use Flash Bite again for another free damange counter on an opponent's pokemon of your choosing. Meanwhille if you used Toxic Fang on the way out and your opponent didn't retreat their active in the interim, they'll have 40 less HP by the time your next turn is over.

9/10 easy. Its only actual drawback is it requires an extra deck space or two to really be effective.

Same thing I would have said, but another great thing is if there active Pokemon only has 10 HP left, play it, knock it out and THEN you don't have to worry about wasting an attack on your opponents active Pokemon with 10 HP (or 10-30 with poke Turn and more Crobats).

So Toxicrok+Skuntank can hit for 70 damage instead of wasting that very needed attack in some difficult times, the ideas are endless, instead of just rating it, TRY IT instead and once you have tried it multiple decks then rate it, this card great, but like the quote, it's attack is mediocre and Crobat does take a bench space, but considering all of the pros this card is easily playable.

8.7/10

5/10

Alright firstly I think the card is WAY Over Rated I mean its attack is Standard and its Body is over hiped all it does is 10 damage! You might as well play Blower And that way (I know its flippy) But you can also bring out their Claydol

Crobat G is one of the best cards in format by far.

Its Jolteon* but better. Look at how Jolteon* helped people win decks and imagine what Crobat G can do to decks. What makes Crobat G better than Jolteon* is you choose the pokemon to add the damage counter to (Jolteon* only did it to the active) and unlike Jolteon* you dont have to put a damage counter on your active pokemon.

Not to mention that its a searchable PlusPower or a searchable KO (seeing as more than than none you are always 10 HP away from KO'ing something and they just retreat it so it lives).

It fits into any deck even if its just 1. Not to mention that with Poke-Turn (Crobat G's Brineys lol) you can easily pick him up to use again or to free bench space. Also Cryus's Conspiracy helps get poke-turn so its not hard to get it off the bench to use again or to free up space.

Crobat G also has free retreat which is amazing of course. Its attack isnt good but who is truely every going to attack with this card?

Overall, Crobat G is just one card you CANNOT overlook as i believe it will see A LOT of play.

10/10 EASILY.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

5/10

Alright firstly I think the card is WAY Over Rated I mean its attack is Standard and its Body is over hiped all it does is 10 damage! You might as well play Blower And that way (I know its flippy) But you can also bring out their Claydol

You need 2 pokeblower to bring up something (and must be used at the same time). 1 Pokeblower is 1 damage counter IF heads so by far Crobat G is A LOT better as it gives you 3 free spots compared to pokeblower (cuz if ur gunna run pokeblower you might as well run 4 and with Crobat G you just need to tech in 1 which leaves you those 3 free sports)

Crobat G (like i mentioned) is only used for its body and not to attack with. so yes its attack stinks but thats not the point of the card

Last edited:
I can appreciate how they're trying to, somehow, preserve some aspects of the original Stage 2 card (double poison).

I think that it's an annoying little tech w/ Roserade, Shaymin, or Gliscor.
The reason I say this is because he can poison and ANYTHING that can 1 shot him is something they really don't want to lose. So, it's a nice little way to invite up their main attacker and Smack him with something you have on standby. The free retreat suggests that it's intended to fall back and give up it's energy to the follow up attacker (via. Bronzong G or Gardevoir PT)

5/10 Two energy for ONLY a poison move (in most cases 20 damage) is eh...

5/10 for the attack? You didn't even rate the Power (the only reason you would play it...)

5/10

Jason Klacynski would not have won worlds had it not been for 10 extra damage from Jolteon * (which has a similiar effect). Keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Crobat G deserves a 7/10... Decent tech in alot of decks... Decent starter due to free retreat... and decent power...

IMO best used in a smart Froslass deck.

Crobat G is one of the best cards in format by far.

Its Jolteon* but better. Look at how Jolteon* helped people win decks and imagine what Crobat G can do to decks. What makes Crobat G better than Jolteon* is you choose the pokemon to add the damage counter to (Jolteon* only did it to the active) and unlike Jolteon* you dont have to put a damage counter on your active pokemon.

Not to mention that its a searchable PlusPower or a searchable KO (seeing as more than than none you are always 10 HP away from KO'ing something and they just retreat it so it lives).

It fits into any deck even if its just 1. Not to mention that with Poke-Turn (Crobat G's Brineys lol) you can easily pick him up to use again or to free bench space. Also Cryus's Conspiracy helps get poke-turn so its not hard to get it off the bench to use again or to free up space.

Crobat G also has free retreat which is amazing of course. Its attack isnt good but who is truely every going to attack with this card?

Overall, Crobat G is just one card you CANNOT overlook as i believe it will see A LOT of play.

10/10 EASILY.

You need 2 pokeblower to bring up something (and must be used at the same time). 1 Pokeblower is 1 damage counter IF heads so by far Crobat G is A LOT better as it gives you 3 free spots compared to pokeblower (cuz if ur gunna run pokeblower you might as well run 4 and with Crobat G you just need to tech in 1 which leaves you those 3 free sports)

Crobat G (like i mentioned) is only used for its body and not to attack with. so yes its attack stinks but thats not the point of the card

100% A-G-R-E-E !!! Crobat G ftw in many games !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back