Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-8-22 Surfing Pikachu RR 114/111

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=45551]
2009-8-22 Surfing Pikachu RR 114/111
[/gal]​

(sarcasm) The best card EVER!(sarcasm) its just binder bait. 2/10
SURFIN' USA! first.

Last edited:
If there gonna make secret rares so "rare" then they should at least make them "better"
But i love the artwork.

Reprints are usually for nostalgia, not for playability (In most cases).
But anyways, like everybody else, horrible card nothing good about it.
1/10 (Playability)
10/10 (Nostalgia, artwork)

10/10 for being a surfing Pikachu.
Playability- 10/10, 2 energy for 30 damage? 1 retreat? 50 HP? This card is amazing! Anyone using a Water or Electric deck NEEDS THIS!
*Fast forward 10 years into the future*
Well that was a good trip to the year 1999.

Ride, ride, ride the wild surf...

Fun for an all Pika theme deck.

Even better if you get 60 of him... you could back your all Pika theme deck with Surfing Pikachu and some clear sleeves.

lolz 10/10 just for being a the cailiforna pikachu lolz he can show any pro sufer how it is done i wish he could train me how to surf lolz

10/10 for the past say jungle set

1/10 for now adays not so good boohoo

(。◕‿‿◕。)
well then if this is going to be my rare in my pack i am going to be mad because the secret rares all suck...
good for a pikachu i guess

It's HP is okay (there are still 50 HP basic nowadays), weakness is bad due to Machamp (SF) and Relicanth (SV), Attack is okay for a Basic (but would have been better), and retreat cost is normal (but a retreat cost of none would have been great).

If you really did take into consideration what I have just said, then I assume you are thinking of putting this guy in a competitive deck (if so, try to include the other two Pikachus while you're at it). Good luck with that. :lol:

The art is nice, though.

But, hey, if you're as unlucky as I am in getting pulls from boosters, be proud if you get this card. At least, it's a SECRET RARE.

Modified- 1/10 (really...)
Limited- 1.5/10 (c'mon...)

Let's see, Bibarel SF has:
HP X2
Attakc X2 (surf does 60 for the same energy)
and a good Body.

So this is never a good play, unless you are at a Pre-Release. But as a binder card, it's great!!

15/10 for the binder - Pikachu that's surfing?
0/10 for the deck - yah, it's mediocre at being mediocre.

Lets look at this card
surfing pikachu was one of the 3 reprinted pikachus to be re printed. IMO they are all bad and the only reson they were reprinted is for the collectors.
first of 50 for basic is ok but then again the format is Sps with 80-90 Hp so this card is already bad of the bat, X2 weakness for a basic non Sp non X pokemon is also bad and because its fighting thats even worse.
the attack is 2 water energy for 30 and its a freaking electric type, this is making me think of deltas.
this card dosn't have much more to talk about............................. oh wait now i remember you cant freaking evo it to richu. wow i mean its not like richus any good but almost any richu is better then this but no you cant do that so this card is just to make you look stupid and collecting it is stupid cuz its not worth much is it just sucks.
Final
0.5/10 :nonono:
god i wonder how people got by in the days of base set :nonono:

I bought four packs, and this was in one. Honestly, of the reprints in this set, this was my preferred one. However, what it really really needs is a Surfing Raichu to evolve into.

Here's to hoping we get some awesome reprints in LEGENDS HeartGold & SoulSilver. Stuff like... Feraligatr Lv. 69, Slowking Lv. 39, and Sneasel Lv. 34. You know, cards people used to use.

Ah, nostalgia. I used to use this card in my Rain Dance deck, for the mirror match.

For any format other than Base-Gym, though, it's really not good. It was only average even back then; the only good thing about it was that it allowed you to run a second type of Pokemon in a deck with only one type of energy. Oh, and the picture is awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back