Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-2014 Set Rotation Possibly Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-

In germany we have an event called arena cup which fills the gap between nats and the new season. This event is played using next seasons format and rules. This is the page that just went up:

http://www.amigo-spiele.de/index.ph...le&id=1308:arena-cup-2013&catid=63&Itemid=506

Whats interesting is the following part:

Diese Sets sind turnierlegal (jeweils in deutsch und englisch*):
- Schwarz & Weiß - Kommende Schicksale
- Schwarz & Weiß - Erforscher der Finsternis
- Schwarz & Weiß - Hoheit der Drachen
- Schwarz & Weiß - Überschrittene Schwellen
- Schwarz & Weiß - Plasma-Sturm
- Schwarz & Weiß - Plasma-Frost
- Black & White - Plasma Blast (nur auf englisch verfügbar)

According to this next season will be next destinys-on. And no, I dont think that amigo just made that up and assume they got that information from p!p

If only I could really read German, haha.

Ive heard that there was a Japanese tournament with the next format established. I'm not sure, and I can't link it, but I have heard about it.

Hopefully we will find out soon.

The only relevant information should be the list of sets, like I said its nd-on. The rest is just the usual tournament rules and some extra rules :)

If this is indeed the next format (to which I have no information either way), it's almost not even worth rotating. At a quick cursory glance, all we lose is Klingklang, Crushing Hammer, Fliptini, and (depending on where Dragon Vault is ruled to officially fit in) Super Rod.

[edit] Whoops. Eel. Ok, never mind. XD

If this is indeed the next format (to which I have no information either way), it's almost not even worth rotating. At a quick cursory glance, all we lose is Klingklang, Crushing Hammer, Fliptini, and (depending on where Dragon Vault is ruled to officially fit in) Super Rod.
We loose Gothlock as well(phew).

Yeah, that;s what I did and got this:

What format is played?

With the Arena Cup not only the competition season 2013/2014 is rung, and the new - valid for this season -., Modified format 'can be tested for the first time to tournament conditions This means that you bring your own tournament legal Deck and most have a completed deck list here have. This is a list of the 60 cards in your deck are sorted by card type and provided with the Setbezeichnung and collector number. these sets are tournament legal (both in German and English *):

- Black & White - Next Destinies
- Black & White - Explorers of Darkness
- Black & White - sovereignty of the Dragon
- Black & White - Exceeded thresholds
- Black & White - Plasma Storm
- Black & White - Plasma Frost
- Black & White - Plasma Blast (available in English only)

Disappointing IMO - I wanted Catcher out.

As a friendly reminder, I would refrain from making any major decisions until the official announcement is made on Pokemon.com.
Of course. But since past rotation announcements were made in mid-June in previous years, it would be player-considerate if there was at least an announcement stating the date on which the rotation (or non-rotation) announcement would be made. Some players have been checking pokemon.com several times a day for the past month, and are understandably annoyed.

As a friendly reminder, I would refrain from making any major decisions until the official announcement is made on Pokemon.com.

This gives me vague hope ND will be rotated out, along with Dark Explorers as well. Dragons Exalted on would be ok, though that's just opening up Plasma to really dominate I would think >.>

I must admit, I'm sick of giant basic decks, whether they were the SP ones in the past or EX ones now. Would be nice if the format would actually slow down and focus went back more to Stage 2 decks, as getting off cheap giant basic attackers for almost nothing just isn't that fun to me.

I just see it pointless to go NXD-on as there were a ton of reprints via shiny pokemon and full arts.
They need a huge rotation to really rock the boat.

I vote that they roll a dice for every card in the format. If heads it stays if tails it gets rotated now will this ever happen? No. Would it be fun to watch and see what happens? Uhh Yea! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back