Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3 Regionals? Seriously?

Glaceon

http://pokebeach.com/2012/07/regionals-to-be-held-over-three-weekends-in-2012-2013-season

This is over the top. I am hoping there are multiple added locations.

King Piplup said:
Fall- (October 12th-13th)
Great Lakes (Fort Wayne IN)
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia PA)
Nor Cal (Don't know city)
Southern Plains (AKA Texas, Houston, etc.)

Winter- (January 19th-20th)
Florida
Northwest (Oregon)
Mississippi Valley (St. Louis)

Spring-
South Cal
Mid-Atlantic (Virginia)?
Western Canada (British Columbia)

Still not known are-
Mountain West
Georgia
Ontario
Midwestern
New England

Last edited:
They're not adding more. If you read it says the same amount as previous years :/

October: Fall Regionals (confirmed so far: Indiana), Prereleases (end of month)
January: Winter Regionals (confirmed so far: Oregon), Prereleases (end of month)
April: Spring Regionals

I read it.

The 'beach spelled out the info they have pretty clearly in the first paragraph. Same total number, just split up into three groups instead of two.

Thats bad..... 1 Resgionals is 5 hrs from me. 2 are 10 hrs. Best case senario they are all separate days. If not... 15+hr drive or plane ride. I hope the best finish for regionals is like 1 or 2. Or with states 4.

Philly is confirmed for fall.
Heres hoping to GA, PA, and VA being on different dates. and the winter one takes place a day after my birthday so now I know what I'm gonna get :p

Yes how dare they?!?! It was hard enough being a college student in mobile, al getting to GA regionals... If TX and GA are on different dates, I would be okay with this. With my luck though, probably fat chance at that

pretty sad....there's prolly no way i'll be able to go to winter regionals and it was tough to just get to a fall regional...oh well maybe i'll hu spring somehow...

Psyduck man, you guys need to have a news forum that covers everything. Kind of like an announcement forum. Kind of like what you guys had before at the bottom of the main page.

Besides on point, I do not who this will true benefit. we have 3 in our area Wi, MO, and IN. If any of those 3 are on the same weekend as each other I would not know where to go with out it being too much.

Besides attendance will be greatly increased by this, I would think.

Last edited:
I am pretty happy about the change to three weekends. This means that TO's will be more able to coordinate with other TO's. As a result, there will be less Regional overlap and hopefully players won't have to "pick" between two (or three) different tournaments.

Winter is January 19-20th from what I can find...The irony, Florida appears to be on that date.

From what I can find....Less certain on Cal/Oregon

Leaving...

Fall-
Texas/Southern Plains/Houston/Insert other name here.

Winter-
Florida (Should discourage out of state vacationers if nothing else)
Northwest (Oregon)

Spring-
South Cal (City?)
Atlantic (Virginia)

Still not known are-
Mississippi Valley (AKA St Louis, correct?)
Mountain West
Georgia
Ontario
Western Canada
Midwestern (Madison WI last year)
New England (Rhode Island, if I remember correctly)

I'd also like to point out that we shouldn't be too surprised, and should probably anticipate four Regional Championships next year-

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_2012_champ_series-2011-09-15/ said:
Regional Championships
Beginning in 2011, North American Regional Championships will now take place multiple times per season. In the 2011-2012 season, Regional Championships will be held in mid-November, and again in mid-April. Our goal is to create more opportunities for players to attend “destination” events than in the past. In the long term, we hope to hold such events throughout the country each quarter. Visit the TCG Regional Championships page for more information.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Winter is January 19-20th from what I can find...The irony, Florida appears to be on that date.

From what I can find....Less certain on Cal/Oregon

Leaving...

Fall-

Winter-
Florida (Should discourage out of state vacationers if nothing else)
Northwest (Oregon)

Spring-
South Cal (City?)

Still not known are-
Mississippi Valley (AKA St Louis, correct?)
Southern Plains (AKA Georgia, correct?)
Colorado
Texas
Ontario
Western Canada
Midwestern (Madison WI last year)

I'd also like to point out that we shouldn't be too surprised, and should probably anticipate four Regional Championships next year-

Just saying.

Texas is Southern Plains. Not sure what the region is called but there is indeed one in Georgia.

You are missing the one in VA, not sure what this region is called, might be Atlantic.

Also missing Mountain West which I think jumps between CO and UT.

Texas is Southern Plains. Not sure what the region is called but there is indeed one in Georgia.

You are missing the one in VA, not sure what this region is called, might be Atlantic.

Also missing Mountain West which I think jumps between CO and UT.

Thanks! Mountain West was CO, but I'll change it for clarity!

Now adds up to 15 which is right AFAIK.

Back