Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Fairly Oddparents Movie

At first I was like: Oh wow I love TFA I must read about this splendid news.

And then I was like:
I was totally with you, man. Here's what my reaction was, play by play.

New Fairly Oddparents movie.
Sound cool. :biggrin:

The movie, titled A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up Timmy Turner!, will mix live action with CG animation.
Meh, oh well. :frown:

A now-23-year-old Timmy is still in the fifth grade and living at home, but all that changes when he begins to have feelings for Tootie.
Smilie face that PokeGym doesn't have.

Seriously? Has Nickelodeon totally lost it? What in the world are they thinking?

Nickelodeon should've made Spongebob into a live-action movie instead. He could be played by Zac Efron. He has about as much charisma as a sponge...

Why ruin it? Why? Whyyyyyyy?

On the other hand I think pokemon should FINALLY make a live action movie. Pokemon battles with amazing CGI effects? Yes please! :D

I think we need to get over our obsession with live-action movies. I bet 90% of the live-action movies based on cartoons, animations, etc. released recently would have been way, way better if they were forced to get the original artists to work on it (possibly dragging in the original producers/writers, etc).

I've never liked TFA (at all) but even I think that this movie is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Why ruin it? Why? Whyyyyyyy?

On the other hand I think pokemon should FINALLY make a live action movie. Pokemon battles with amazing CGI effects? Yes please! :D

Live action Pokemon? No thx.

CGI Pokemon? HELLS YEAH!!

Getting rid of Ash? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

I don't think that the cartoon fantasy of Pokemon can be adequately expressed in a live action plus CGI experience. About the best I can ask for is using the Pixar style animation to create the battles.

^agreed. No live action. IT would get butchered up, and the person who makes and directs the movie would be the one person in the world that has never ever, EVER pronounceed Pikachu correctly five times fast let alone ever had a vg battle.
Now, CGI, with a director that has attended the VGC and knows how to pronounce uhcakip ( and can read that and know what it is) would be the one to make a movie for Pokemon.

Pixar might be able to give Pokemon justice.

Live action Pokemon? No thx.

CGI Pokemon? HELLS YEAH!!

Getting rid of Ash? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

I don't think that the cartoon fantasy of Pokemon can be adequately expressed in a live action plus CGI experience. About the best I can ask for is using the Pixar style animation to create the battles.

Yes, yes, and yes. You've hit it spot on my friend. :thumb:

Benzo said:
Pixar might be able to give Pokemon justice.

Pixar is the greatest animation company ever. They can do anything in my opinion. I would trust Pokemon in their hands anyday.

As for the live Fairly Odd Parents movie...:nonono:

Seriously, I don't even know what I should say about it. It's just so....ugh:nonono:

I think we need to get over our obsession with live-action movies. I bet 90% of the live-action movies based on cartoons, animations, etc. released recently would have been way, way better if they were forced to get the original artists to work on it (possibly dragging in the original producers/writers, etc).

I've never liked TFA (at all) but even I think that this movie is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

are you trying to say TFO? TFA doesn't make much sense since Oddparents starts with an O.

Pixar is the greatest animation company ever.
http://www.culch.ie/images/pixarvsdreamworks.jpg

I think you guys are overlooking one big thing. It's not the fact that this is a live action movie that makes it horrible. It's this:

A now-23-year-old Timmy is still in the fifth grade and living at home, but all that changes when he begins to have feelings for Tootie.
A now-23-year-old Timmy is still in the fifth grade and living at home
A now-23-year-old Timmy is still in the fifth grade
A now-23-year-old Timmy
is still in the fifth grade
and living at home

What I want to know, is who came up with this idea, and just exactly how many people in that same room couldn't stop laughing long enough to speak up and say it was a bad idea.

http://www.culch.ie/images/pixarvsdreamworks.jpg

I think you guys are overlooking one big thing. It's not the fact that this is a live action movie that makes it horrible. It's this:

What I want to know, is who came up with this idea, and just exactly how many people in that same room couldn't stop laughing long enough to speak up and say it was a bad idea.

I like the Pixar vs Dreamworks picture and I agree with it :biggrin:

And seriously, still in the 5th grade.

...:nonono:

Almost every Nickelodeon movie was made was complete garbage. That's what I always read the reviews from the Fandango website before I go to see a random movie blindfolded.

The thing is, by making it live action, you avoid involving the original writers and artists, which means you are more likely to come up with really weird plots that are very ... bad

The thing is, by making it live action, you avoid involving the original writers and artists, which means you are more likely to come up with really weird plots that are very ... bad

It would be a lot better if they asked the original writers to direct the movie, or at least come up with a decent script.

why...Why...WHY!?

Are they really trying to make all of us who've watched Fairly Oddparents since before it got its own cartoon (way back to the Oh Yeah Cartoons days) just absolutely hate it? What is up with the plot, it makes no sense at all...not to mention it contradicts what they've already established in the show anyways.

Yeah...this deserves a spot somewhere in the "worst ideals ever" category...along with live action Garfield and (probably) Yogi Bear.

Back