Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Word about Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scyther_trainer

I never thought it would happen to me or someone I know....

My good friend, TheDarkOne, had his binder stolen at the ECSC. He just left it for a moment to get his prizes for making top 8 in the Tournament. When he returned, it was gone. It was only a matter of 30 seconds. The blue/black UltraPro binder had his entire collection from SkyRidge through Magma/Aqua.

At the same time, another person's black binder was stolen. This binder had pages of Reverse-Holo Trainers. He was obviously an avid trader.

My sincerest sympathies go out to both of them. :(

I am hoping (against hope) that the binders were taken by accident, and if anyone has them, they can PM me. Honest mistakes do happen.

It should go without saying, but whenever your at a public event, you MUST make sure you know where your stuff is at all times!!!!

If you need to go somewhere, make sure you have a trusted friend look after your stuff!!

I can't stress this enough.

... too frustrated to continue.... :mad:

This is bad news.

I do hope that this was just a mistake and that they get their stuff back. I always try to remind my kid and his friend to keep an eye on their stuff at all times.

CFK's Pichu was stolen at the ECSC as well. Not the same thing, but with all those signatures it was a collector item.

Last edited:
scyther trainer, I know my friend is the one with the trainer binder stolen.
I can just here the theif now. I am sure if he/her parents knew they would be so proud.
adult theif I am sure would impress their spouce/or partner.
Friend, I know that a trusted friend being a theif would be know probelm with me.

Sorry for all the scarasm
thanks for the reminder it is needed

I thought we would be beyond this by now - all the thieves would be out of the game, on to stealing Yu-Gi-Oh or Duel Master cards.

On the flip side, at Nationals when we got the 3:30 lunch break, I unknowingly left my deck and dice at the table I was sitting at. About 30 minutes later, I realized my deck was missing. Imagine my surprise to find my deck box and dice just sitting where I had abandoned them, untouched. I was pretty amazed.

FYI, Prof Dav told me of a player at Nationals who stole a booster box and was later caught. Prof Dav said he banned the player from organized play FOR LIFE (or the max sentence).

So, if you steal, you stand the chance of never being able to play at Pokemon tournaments again.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that items where taken. I hate when people do this, it just takes the fun away of the day and tournament for that player and others.

Yet another example of this stuff going a little too far...

About 2 years ago, I had my 3 Rocket's Zapdos taken right out of my deck while I went up to get my points during League.

During that same time, at a tournament in Wisconsin, one of my friends had his ENTIRE COLLECTION stolen, including a perfectly built G8r deck.

This seriously needs to stop, and it needs to stop now. That friend of mine hasn't even touched a Pokemon card in over 2 years, and he was one of the better players that I knew...

I dont know if the people who took the items read this board. but pm scyther trainer so the items can be returned to the rightful owners.. I mean really what if it was your stuff.
This is just a game, the great part is we all get to hang out together and have fun.
If you know who took the items talk to them have them, return the binders.

This is very wrong. I can't people would do crap like this. I bet it was the same thief, also, as Squirrel's sister had her Gardy deck stolen at the same event, ECSC. I hate people that do this, and if I EVER catch someone doing it, I will make sure they are punished severely..

~Chu :)

*shakes his head sadly* Having been to so many cons, so many events....take your stuff with you, and pack light. I never bring all my stuff to events anymore, because I only carry around what I can always have with me. There will always be someone who goes to these events planning to take stuff that isn't theres...woe be to the one who I manage to catch trying to rip something off...*chuckles* I think some of these people think theres only a slap on the wrist involved, but I've seen some caught thieves get turned in- after they had to be subdued and forced to the ground, of course. The black eye probably wasn't easy to explain to mom and dad, I bet. *chuckles*

Always keep all your stuff with you, no matter what. It's as easy-and as hard- as that.

I've had my cards stolen before, it's not a fun experiance... I hope these guys find there cards...

Stealing Trading Cards in any game has been rampant even in the beginning. I also lost my binder 3 years back when a group traders, players and card sellers enetred the league. Furthermore there are those who I know whose binders were stolen before and now. Sadly some of them are kids :( and the suspects are sometimes kids :nonono: .

From then on I always focus on my binder whenever I do trade even when I'm playing and I always remind kids and adults to always watch by and you got to catch 'em ALL and warn them at first and ban them if they repeated it.

As a teacher's note, would you steal to get the thing you need easily but lose the most important thing which is TRUST or tell the TRUTH and you will get better rewards that getting things you don't own get. :)

Last edited:
Yup, my sister's Gardy deck and Groudon deck box was stolen as well as my brother's Legendary Birds deck box.

*sigh*

I just can't imagine how someone would be selfish enough, but those people are out there. I hear that someone was actually caught slealing at the event, but I guess they didn't get everything back from them.

Remember those legendary bird promos from the Pokemon 2000 movie? Yup...you guessed it. I had Articuno and Zapdos and they got stolen from me.

I almost had an Aquapolis Exeggutor (holo) i just opened from a booster stolen from me by some little brat (no offense to parents). If it wasnt for my dad, i that would have made card #3 stolen.

So now, whenever i go to tournaments, i always have my stuff with me or have someone like Bullados or TheDeuce watch my stuff cuz i know they wont steal anything from me because they dont even like my horrifying collection :lol:

But yeah, if people are going to push themselves to a level lower than"heck" itself, then they should be the people that should be called n00bs because they are letting jealousy get in the way of a simple game that's made of paper. Stealing a tiny piece of paper with awsome looking effects is like stealing from a homeless guy- ONLY AN IDIOT DOES IT (pardon my language, but i couldnt think of any other words)

So please folks. If your going to be a n00b and not play the game by the rules, then you have no reason to ruin it for others...

It's just like Phantasy Star Online, but im sure you dont want me to rant about that because its the same stuff that happens in every online game...except its for a console and not a PC :lol:

yes
stealing is terrible

awhile ago, when I played Yu-Gi-Oh, I got my deck stolen from me
luckily, the person who stole it was stupid and came back to the same store with my exact deck with the same sleeves and all
so I got it back, but I was so stressed during the week

I really hope you find the stuff
it is the worst feeling when you have worked so hard for something and then have it shattered in a second

I always carry around my backpack with my binder and my deck in it
that is it

travel light

Last edited:
Yeah man, getting cards stolen from you really sux. One of the kids at my League was crying because someone stole his cards. Stealing cards is so horrible, and they are just cards. Everyone just has to watch all there things, having good people watch them is good sometimes.... but then things come up sometimes. So just try and keep your things with you at all times or just have reliable peeps watch them for you. :)

At my old old old league, I went up to get a promo since I had just won a battle that gave me enough points to do so, and when I got back, all of the Blastoise in my deck were gone! Luckily, before it had happened, a kid had been asking me to trade on to him, and I told him no. So, I figured it was him and asked the store manager to search him for the cards, and we got them back! The kid was banned from the store for doing that, too.

But yeah, there are people who will take advantage of these kinds of situations and will steal your stuff. That is why I now always carry my stuff with me, unless someone else is watching it for me.

Last edited:
I have mentioned that we have video survielance at our store to kids, (which was one reason why one person was caught and banned from the store), but I also reward incidents of honesty (people turning in decks that don't belong to them). By and large we don't have too much problem with that in our area, but occasionally it still does happen. I still warn that we need to be on guard at larger tournaments. It pays to be vigilant. But if you can't, it pays to have a good friend with you that you can trust with your stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back