Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anyone owns an NDS?

Dro~

Is it worth buying? It's so expensive that I need opinion from you guys to make sure I make the right choice. Do you think PSP is better?

Also, anyone here plays gunbound? ;)

Last edited:
It all depends on what you like...

If you want innovation plus the ability to play what you already have in a new format, it's NDS.

If you just want more power and more graphics and just plain more, it's the PSP.

I found out some new info on the PSP yesterday. Apparantly, the battery life on the thing is only about 6 hours. Compare that to the standard 15 hours for virtually any Nintendo handheld. That's a big thing for me, as my family goes on a lot of roadtrips and I need the longer battery life to sustain my games.

BliZ's got a good reason ;)

Each one's got it's strong points (I don't view the multimedia capabilities of the PSP as a 'strong' point btw), each one has different games. It depends on what your after. While I (as a programmer) like the feature list on the PSP, I haven't seen any announced games yet that interest me, in the meantime Namco has just recently announced bringing Xenosaga to the DS, as well as Square Enix bringing Final Fantasy 3 and also possibly PlayOnline (they've been looking at it). It depends on what you are after.

same here, but for different reasons probably. My Best Buy gave me a warrenty for 2 years, which means that I can use & abuse the thing and they'll replace it if I bring it back to them.

DS is not realy worth it...Unless you are a big fan of Metroid.Since it has a dual screen the map is on top while you play the game on the bottom.DS can't link up to Ruby/Saphire or PokemonBox but SP on the other hand is great and it's not as big if you have small pockets!Overall SP much better saves $50 also.

Okay, recap.

The GameBoyAdvanceSP has been out for a while so the price is lower. It is a just a cooler version of the GameBoyAdvance with a few features. So a "copycat" somewhat.

The DS however has new features that are unbeliveable. Price wise, it is a bit much. But I hope they lower it after Christmas. *Birthday in April so you can see why*

Hmm...This reminds me what was the original price of the GameBoyAdvanceSP?I don't believe the NDS will lower price wise for quite a little while.I do believe it will someday come with a free Pokemon Dash.Hold on!That reminds me can Dash be played on SP or Advance?Probaly not...Then maybe the DS is worth it...

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
DS is not realy worth it...Unless you are a big fan of Metroid.Since it has a dual screen the map is on top while you play the game on the bottom.DS can't link up to Ruby/Saphire or PokemonBox but SP on the other hand is great and it's not as big if you have small pockets!Overall SP much better saves $50 also.

It's the other way around... the map is on the bottom.

Also, you look around using the touch screen, which works incredibly well.

Mario 64 is also quite awesome on DS, y'know. The new features are very cool.

Welcome to the options menu, which lets you do magical things, like change what screen the map is on... And comparing the DS to the SP simply does not work. If the only reason you can come up with is that it's not compatible with ru/sa trading, you need to get out of the pokémon box and try something new.

Ok, he wasn't asking about the SP. He said the PSP, which is the new Playstation hand-held, which won't be out in the U.S. until spring if I'm not mistaken.

sneaselsrevenge said:
Ok, he wasn't asking about the SP. He said the PSP, which is the new Playstation hand-held, which won't be out in the U.S. until spring if I'm not mistaken.

o_O? Who exactly was asking about the PSP?

No, he really WAS talking about the SP. And if he wasn't, he needs to get his facts straight -- the psp doesn't play GBA carts, and it's $150 MORE then the DS.

Pokémon DASH is a DS game. It won't play on a GBA at all. And Pokémon DASH is going to be terrible. Don't buy it for Pokémon DASH. Don't believe me? Spend some time with Hey you, Pikachu! and tell me straight to the face that you enjoyed it.

Well the only reason I said Dash was because eventualy they might sell it free with DS.The DS is overall better if it has light.(Like the sP and if it doesn't I think I will hurl.)

Personally I'm not getting DS until Pearl and Diamond come out. I ONLY play the Pokemon games on any nintendo platform. Sorry but personally I hate the Metroid series. Sorry. But you won't see me with the DS until Pearl and Diamond come out. Reason being I have only Leaf Green and Sapphire, so I need a way to transfer between the two besides just Pokemon Box. The DS looks interesting, but unless they release an adapter so that DS can link ruby and Sapphire, I'm not getting it.

You don't have to apoligize for opinion.

APT - Both of the DS' screens are backlit, and DASH will never be a packin title as long as pictochat remains part of the hardware and MP comes with it too. When was the last time a portable console had a pack-in title? To my recollection, only one portable console (Nintendo fanboys eat your heart out) that has ever had a pack-in title, and that's the select-a-game of 1981. If it does, that'd be nice, but I doubt it.

Dark Legendary Master said:
Personally I'm not getting DS until Pearl and Diamond come out. I ONLY play the Pokemon games on any nintendo platform. Sorry but personally I hate the Metroid series. Sorry. But you won't see me with the DS until Pearl and Diamond come out. Reason being I have only Leaf Green and Sapphire, so I need a way to transfer between the two besides just Pokemon Box. The DS looks interesting, but unless they release an adapter so that DS can link ruby and Sapphire, I'm not getting it.

DS will never be able to link up using GBA games. That said, though, the DS Pokemon games might have some provisions for trading with R&S and FRLG, considering that DS games can access the GBA cartridge slot.

I feel sorry for you being so anti-Nintendo. I find it hard to believe you don't like a single game on any Nintendo platform other than Pokemon, but eh... to each his own, I suppose.

Back