Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(April Fools!) Japan Says: Dice are not Randomizers, Earth not Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderPhil

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17423

You have either a choice to flip a coin or play Rock Paper Scissors.

------------------------------------

Personally, I'm positive that PCL and Japan threw a tantrum after Worlds about how they never included dice as randomizers. I didn't see a SINGLE Japanese player with dice. I'm sure if it was up to most of the seasoned gamers at PUI we would still have our dice, some of which I know have played other card games that use dice as randomizers.

I will never like this ruling, but I will uphold it. To me, it seems like Japan trying to get back at Wizards of the Coast. Let me be the first to say that Wizards made the smartest move allowing dice in Pokemon events for randomization...

My first STS Qualifier, I had a Sneasel deck with one of those heavy Neo Genesis Lugia coins. After flipping so many times that day with that coin the skin next to my fingernails actually broke off when I reached the semi-finals.

PokePop said:
When two players have identical tourney stats and one must be determined as the winner or advancer (in the case of cuts to elimination rounds), a dice will be rolled for each player. The one with the highest number will advance or be declared the winner.
I may have to sig that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This needs to be discussed and overturned. I'm not alone in collecting dice for the sole purpose of randoMIZEing and doing damage counters in PKMN. I use D12s which go up to 120 for the damage AND which hardly ever move and change the damage amount.

Coins OTOH flip all over the place for most people and you have to retrieve them from under the table. Think about how embarassing that will be to have kids diving under tables, etc. Too tired to discuss rationally, but this is wrong.

I can understand making you flip coins instead of using dice... But Coins imo are easier to rig then dice... And also i think they should atleast be allowed to be use to count damage... i mean it will be a pain for see attacks on wailord ex and high hp deck pokemon... I think this is a terrible move... I also think that tho PUI says There coins in the theme decks are allowed... THEY SHOULD NOT and this should be reversed... Most of the coins either flip all tails or all heads... and are not 50% each way and should not be use unless they are like a quarter or some other kind of currency... which clearly has a heads/tails...
I think this is a terrible day for us...
Drew

we've known for a long time that Japan doesn't like dice. Who hasn't seen a rolled dice disturb the state of the damage-dice and clouded a games's state? Or players not being carefull about how they retreat and loosing track of the dice.

I guess that the next practice to be outlawed will be the use of flipped over damage counters as '30' rather than the standard 10.

On the positive side I'll get to sell many more theme decks ;) Sales of those haven't been great lately.... Only offical PUI coins are considered fair, and only official PUI damage counters too perhaps?

April Fools!!!

(If this were serious news, it should be posted the day after April Fools. Such radical rule changes on a day like this are very suspicious.)

Pokémon is all April Fools. This site is closing down in 5 minutes, and Pokémon never happened. You are all dreaming.

Now wake up.

err its not a radical rules change on the dice vs coins thing :( PUI have taken the fifth on the legality of dice in the past. many of us suspect that this was because if PUI indicated dice were acceptable then word would get back to Japan and an edict would be issued from the game's makers.

And using TMS to decide tiebreakers is wholely random in my experience anyway: I always use a play-off rather than rely on TMS's tiebreaker calculation. Now if time is short I can use a much more transparent random means, so that is at least a small step forward till we get TMS version 2 which will have fixed the tie-breaker problem that the current TMS has.

Last edited:
no, I heard about somthing like this from BDS at one of our tourneys a few months ago, It haddent been decided at the time to ban them all together, but now we all have to flip coins? The theme deck coins no less! All the theme deck coins are weighted one way or another. The reason the japanese always fliped heads is because they know which dice flip heads more often. For me, the ray, blissy and charamander flip heads 3 out of 5 times so when I do have to flip I use those but My decks don't require any real flipping so I guess that dosent affect me. The problem I have is with the damage counters. I grew up using damage counters so I guess it might be fun but It is annoying to try and count all the conters on an ex with 150 HP. Think of the mistakes that will happen because people think the have the KO and are off by 10, and they wanted to save that strength charm for later. And don't even get me started on the tie brakers. I hope I never get stuck like this because I never win flips and I liked when people had to prove their skills and play for the last spots in top 8-16. The rest of the season should be.....interesting.

The Walla to the Fifth Power Times said:
April 1, 2005, Walla Walla Walla Walla Walla, Washington.
The A REALLY FAMOUS DICE COMPANY of Walla Walla Walla Walla Walla, Washington will sadly be closing its doors to its happy customers after nearly 0 years and 4 minutes of service. Former Manager Rollie Dicelowkowski said when asked about why the sudden closure, "It's all Japan's fault."
The facts have tried to be hidden but dice sales at the A REALLY FAMOUS DICE COMPANY have been down since last August. Last August was the Pokemon TCG World Championship where the coin flipping Japanese players defeated the Dice dependent Americans. "Ever since that weekend where Japan beat America in Pokemon using coins instead of dice, dice sales have gone down" said co-manager Snakery Eyres. The problem got much worse in November when the Australian team entering the Spongebob/Alvin and the Chipmunks TCGs hybrid World Championships boycotted dice because they had coins with kangaroos and boomerangs on them. The Australian team won three of the four events sparking interest in other countries to drop the dice.
"We were down before the Spongebob/Chipmunks TCG fiasco but that just put us at rock bottom" said the founder of the company, Evena R. Head. The company survived the months after that and even had hopes of a rise until the news on Friday. Pokemon USA announced that to syncronize the rules with Japan, dice will be made illegal for Pokemon play (except as a tiebreaker.) Other huge Trading Card Games such as LOTC (Launch Of The Cows), Faulty Tricks: The Splitting, SATs Showdown, Toasters VS. Refrigerators, and the recent hit Dueling Potato heads (aka PO-TA-TO) are sure to follow suit. Realizing that dice were about to be banned from nearly every major TCG in America the company's leaders, Rollie, Snakery, and Evena decided to sell to a company that makes those little plastic things at the end of shoelaces.
The three said in their last press conference "We were rolling 6's but they have turned to 1's."
Japan's coin flipping ways have driven this company from the peaceful town of Walla Walla Walla Walla Walla, Washington. The A REALLY FAMOUS DICE COMPANY was the leading dice distributor to the western, northern and a little to the left part of the US. This is the beginning of the end for dice as we know it said one expert in Diceatology.
Reporter for this story was Detective Dan of the Walla to the Fifth Power Times.

This really is horrible news to all us dice users. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read how fast this news has hurt the dice industry. :frown:

I prefered the last year April Fools joke.

yeah me 2

back to topic

IMO coin flipping wastes more time than rolling a dice,for coins u have to position the coin on your finger then flip it.Wat happens if it keeps dropping,does it count as stalling(LOL i hope not).For dice just grab and roll,finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back