Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ariados+Masquerain= new deck?

DarthPika

Does anyone here think that Ariados, and Masquerain, could be a posible combo.
Your thoughts?

Spinarak L.18 – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Corner: The Defending Pokemon can’t Retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
[G][C] Double Scratch: Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20 damage x the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Ariados L.32 – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Spinarak

Poke-Body: Sticky Stinger
Each Pokemon in play (excluding any Ariados) pays an additional 1 [C] to retreat.

[G][C] Annoying Needle: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. If tails, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fire (+20)

Surskit L.14 – Grass HP50
Basic Pokemon

[G] Sleep Inducer: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with the Active Pokemon. The new Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Fire (+10)

Masquerain L.32 – Grass – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Surskit

[C][C] Centrifugal Force: Does 20 damage x the amount of Energy in the Defending Pokemon's Retreat cost.
[G][G] Spiral Ripple: 30 damage. If your opponent has any Water Pokemon in play, this attack does an additional 30 damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

I was also thinking that this could be a problem, but then again, look a t2 tune. They only have 10 more hp.

it could be loads of fun to play, and agravating to play against
not sure about tournoment viability, but it could make an opponent pull their hair out

it could be loads of fun to play, and agravating to play against
not sure about tournoment viability, but it could make an opponent pull their hair out

Yes, I love using this type of deck, but hate playing against it. I was thinking for it to be tourny worthy, posibly use a Flaridose type build. Ater all, it works simmilar. Any Ideas for tecs. that could make it any more better/ annoying?

Pokes (16):
4 spinarak
4 ariados
4 surskit
4 masquerain
Energy (13):
13 grass
Trainers (31):
4 Quick Ball
2 TV
3 wager
2 steven's
2 copy cat
4 Beach
3 castway
2 charm
2 buffer piece
3 censation crystal
4 plus power

Thanks for poasting that,it looks pretty good, I'll try this.
If it works well I will be testing this extensivly.

Pokes (16):
4 spinarak
4 ariados
4 surskit
4 masquerain
Energy (13):
13 grass
Trainers (31):
4 Quick Ball
2 TV
3 wager
2 steven's
2 copy cat
4 Beach
3 castway
2 charm
2 buffer piece
3 censation crystal
4 plus power

Doesn't censation crystal defeats the point of ariados

I'm so used to putting censation crystal into everything with castaway. Make it 1 crystal shard, 3 copy cat, 3 steven's.

Doesn't censation crystal defeats the point of ariados

Cessation Crystal allows your own pokemon to be able to retreat (as you lower the retreat cost to be reasonable when turning off Ariados' power)

...At least, that's the combo I see with it. Seems rather useless otherwise ._.

I'm starting to wonder if you might want to tech in a Memory Berry... The reasoning behind this is that you then gain the ability to use Sleep Inducer on a Masquerian. With Sleep Inducer pulling up the pokemon of your choice (and potentially stopping their powers for a turn), and Ariados locking them active unless they top-deck Switch...

And yes, you would need Crystal Shard. Garchomp for instance can one shot the entire deck, and you deal barely ANY damage to him without the +40. Even worse then an Infernape Match up, in my eyes, since you can't get around their consistent 70 damage with either Crystal Beach nor Battle Frontier. (Ape hates both of those stadiums, so... yeah.)

About the only things I see as a flaw is that you'd need 4 Ariados on the bench to maximize your potential damage (and Ariados itself is essentially dead weight except for the Poke-Body as his attack sucks). But yeah, if you could pull this off, it could be pretty annoying; no one is going to feasibly retreat a Pokemon with a retreat cost of 4 or more (providing all the Ariados are in play), so it allows you to beat them up with Maquerain. But Masquerain itself is another problem, as it has very low HP and is easily OHKOable.

also can put in Skarmory Ex if they do retreat

I was actualy thinking of that, but I realy don't think that they will realy want to wast all those nrg to retreat.

I'm starting to wonder if you might want to tech in a Memory Berry... The reasoning behind this is that you then gain the ability to use Sleep Inducer on a Masquerian. With Sleep Inducer pulling up the pokemon of your choice (and potentially stopping their powers for a turn), and Ariados locking them active unless they top-deck Switch...

I was thinking about that last night, and I think it would be a great idea. It would let you drag up somthing with a masive retreat coast, and stall if needed, or just get somthing that they realy dont want active.

and Ariados itself is essentially dead weight except for the Poke-Body as his attack sucks

Are you insane!!! With the amount of tails I get, I could probably win a whole tourny with out even getting one Masquerain . :lol: Anyway, it's attack isn't that bad, it's a win/win situation with the flip.

but when u are battling against ape, the damage output is so low it's not funny.

If you think there will be allot of ape in your area, tec. in a scarmory ex to make them pay even more to retreat, snipe their cattys. Trust me, snipe away at their delcattys and the deck shuts down.

I was also considering a 1-1 Milotic DF line. With all the castaway that will be used, it's almost as good a a transceiver, for searching your deck. Also it gives you a win/win situation with galaticas wager, if you lose, your opponent most likly got some good supporter you can use.

The biggest weekness that I see with this deck is lack of hp. Any ideas on how to overcome that?

Back