Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Banette vs. DP-on format

I'm not sure if this is on here already, but, I'll bring it up anyways. Ok, so, there are some decks that are obviously going to be crippled by the new format. Well, the early format anyways, since we really don't know the effects of each set until it gets a little bit of play really. But, anyways, is it possible for Banette to be as effective coming out of rotation.

Major card losses

Shuppet CG

Semi major

Double Rainbow, depends on how you play it

Celio's Network, made searching out a lot easier

Other than that, that's about it. What does everyone else think? Try and introduce some combos that will give into the strategy or a new one. :thumb:

Quite simply, T2 Banette is going to die after rotation. Acsesion Shuppet could damages the surefire T2 aspect. Celio's is a blow, simply because Banette normally needs every single one of the cards in hand for a good setup. Two things you haven't mentioned: Cessation Crystal and Crystal Beach. CC is good in T2 Banette when you are playing PLOX or any other deck that relies on pokepowers/bodies more than you. Since most Banette decks only run 2 DREs, if that, Crystal Beach is a good card for disruption. The loss of TVR will also be felt (in Banette it's better than Felicity's). Here are my opinions of Banette variants after DP-on:

BanBliss HP-on: 7/10 DP-on: 5.5/10

I didn't like it much anyway: no snyergy, just two powerful pokemon. When Crystal Beach, CC, Celio's and Ascension Shuppet goes, it won't be any good at all. Better off with BlisseyKissy.

Arithmetic HP-on: 9/10 DP-on: 8/10

Speed is lost slightly due to Shuppet's farewell, but Bebe's is okay in this deck and no DREs/Scramble are used. And we still have the foundations: Unown P, Gyarados, Cresselia Lv.X and Banette are all still with us (could be my deck for next format).

Bancario HP-on: 7.5/10 DP-on: 5.5/10

Speed element is lost, along with CC and DRE. Celio's is longed for. Never liked it much anyway.

People play Banette because it often wins vs the BDIF. GG/Plox will no longer be BDIF next season, so that alone is a reason why Banette won't be good any more. Of course it could do quite well against AMU, but with the loss of all those important cards and the bad matchups vs Kingdra and other decks, I don't think Banette can stay archtype.

Kingdra is just 2 fast for Banette,Nette loses shuppet,DREs,Crystal Beach,Cess its losing to much disruption.

R.I.P Banette for next season.

Quite simply, T2 Banette is going to die after rotation. Acsesion Shuppet could damages the surefire T2 aspect. Celio's is a blow, simply because Banette normally needs every single one of the cards in hand for a good setup. Two things you haven't mentioned: Cessation Crystal and Crystal Beach. CC is good in T2 Banette when you are playing PLOX or any other deck that relies on pokepowers/bodies more than you. Since most Banette decks only run 2 DREs, if that, Crystal Beach is a good card for disruption. The loss of TVR will also be felt (in Banette it's better than Felicity's). Here are my opinions of Banette variants after DP-on:

BanBliss HP-on: 7/10 DP-on: 5.5/10

I didn't like it much anyway: no snyergy, just two powerful pokemon. When Crystal Beach, CC, Celio's and Ascension Shuppet goes, it won't be any good at all. Better off with BlisseyKissy.

Arithmetic HP-on: 9/10 DP-on: 8/10

Speed is lost slightly due to Shuppet's farewell, but Bebe's is okay in this deck and no DREs/Scramble are used. And we still have the foundations: Unown P, Gyarados, Cresselia Lv.X and Banette are all still with us (could be my deck for next format).

Bancario HP-on: 7.5/10 DP-on: 5.5/10

Speed element is lost, along with CC and DRE. Celio's is longed for. Never liked it much anyway.

If DREs, and scrambles are not being reprinted you wouldn't really be hurt by crystal beach going away. If you play claydol bebe's research wouldn't hurt that much. TVR won't hurt it that much because you still have lunatone. Shuppet CG being rotated will hurt the deck, but it's really too early to say how it will do facing other decks next season because you don't know what other decks will be big next season and if any will hinder kingdra's playability.

Anyone got any ideas of what they think an early decklist will be for Autumn BR, even though we don't exactly what is going to be out before then? I see more people who didn't play Claydol for space for donking purposes playing a solid 2-2 line like most decks.

The only thing thats hurts is loss of shuppet CG. If your banette plays DRE, Felicity's, Cess, or Celio's then its not good in the first place. TVR is kind of sad as well, with that said shuppet CG basically made the deck now you have to waste a valuble Bebe's on searching for banette causing you to lack in consistentcy.

Yea only not playing DRe to recover quicker or cess to stop powers makes for a bad speed deck.

Shuppet made it fast,but its possible to play it without it,it wont be very fast but its possible.

Yea only not playing DRe to recover quicker or cess to stop powers makes for a bad speed deck.

Shuppet made it fast,but its possible to play it without it,it wont be very fast but its possible.
Bannette only attacks for 2 energy Speed decks DISRUPT Crystal Beach is the BCIF when it comes to stadium disruption, playing beach and DRE is silly and pointless. Cess slows you down, a good banette needs claydol to 1 not get screwed by wager and 2 land a banette every turn.

Bannette only attacks for 2 energy Speed decks DISRUPT Crystal Beach is the BCIF when it comes to stadium disruption, playing beach and DRE is silly and pointless. Cess slows you down, a good banette needs claydol to 1 not get screwed by wager and 2 land a banette every turn.

DRE made recover better,yea you can have CB,but you can play DRE and CB in the same deck and it worked. ~`Flygon`~ did it in his Banette it worked for him so I know since you played Banette for states,that you know it can work.

Consistant trainer line and supporter is what gets you everything when you need it. Cess helps when you KO and they need to recover,then they cant then you still roll with discarding Nettes via Quick Ball/Dusk Ball/Master Ball +Felicty/TVR.

4-4 Banette
2 Lunatone
2-2 Claydol
4 Phoine MD

made it,tested it,loved it,UNFORGIVABLE!!

DRE made recover better,yea you can have CB,but you can play DRE and CB in the same deck and it worked. ~`Flygon`~ did it in his Banette it worked for him so I know since you played Banette for states,that you know it can work.

Consistant trainer line and supporter is what gets you everything when you need it. Cess helps when you KO and they need to recover,then they cant then you still roll with discarding Nettes via Quick Ball/Dusk Ball/Master Ball +Felicty/TVR.

4-4 Banette
2 Lunatone
2-2 Claydol
4 Phoine MD

made it,tested it,loved it,UNFORGIVABLE!!
I did not play DRE in my list at states had I did I most likely would have lost. Quick Ball/Dusk Ball/Master Ball are no gaurantee why waste your time on those cards when there are much more solid cards to play? Banette should be good enough to the point where you can allow your opponents to use powers and STILL win.

But shutting off powers is a plus. Its never a guarantee with Banette,you have to draw into alot of stuff Pokedex Handy/Pokenav/Master Ball/Quick Ball/Dusk Ball make after you ascension,that you have another option. Claydol helps but once you setup a Claydol,its easy to get a shuppet or a supporter to get multi basics,once that happens,when that Banette is koed,bringing up another one is easy even with cess on the active since the trainer line and supporters only helps and makes the deck faster.

Playing DRE dosent hurt it either,if you wouldve played it,you wouldve done the same as you wouldve cuz you played a whole field full of PLOX/GG,you can play with scramble and still win against PLOX/GG

Kingdra is just 2 fast for Banette,Nette loses shuppet,DREs,Crystal Beach,Cess its losing to much disruption.

R.I.P Banette for next season.
A stage 2 is just too fast for a stage 1 that takes one more energy (or less if you look at it that way).....Yup, I could see that. :/ Kingdra isn't that good. I could actually see bannette winning that matchup. But bannette shouldn't be played next season.

Kingdra candy 1 energy 60 20. Banette has no shuppet cg anymore which made it fast,I mean you can play the other shuppet and it work,when I say its 2 fast I mean the kingdra can do massive amount of damage as the same banette,has more HP,and can be setup by T2 since Kingdra will have 4 candy and phoine.

Banette is not viable next season just as tech.

But shutting off powers is a plus. Its never a guarantee with Banette,you have to draw into alot of stuff Pokedex Handy/Pokenav/Master Ball/Quick Ball/Dusk Ball make after you ascension,that you have another option. Claydol helps but once you setup a Claydol,its easy to get a shuppet or a supporter to get multi basics,once that happens,when that Banette is koed,bringing up another one is easy even with cess on the active since the trainer line and supporters only helps and makes the deck faster.

Playing DRE dosent hurt it either,if you wouldve played it,you wouldve done the same as you wouldve cuz you played a whole field full of PLOX/GG,you can play with scramble and still win against PLOX/GG
How many events have you won with your banette list?

i dunno how much of a chance Banette stands in this next format. It will be interesting to see what ideas people have for the Banette next format

Back