Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bleach: Best Anime?

Prize_Card

I just wanted to know what you guys thought about the anime T.V. show Bleach. Personally its the only anime I enjoy watching. Discuss!

wow you watch bleach lol i hate that show so much lol jk its ok but death note and pokemon (obviously lol ) are the best i like to watch or better than bleach ...
also the movie for bleach looks pretty intresting =]

Er... No.

I love Bleach, but it has succumb to the same monotony that happens to many notable Anime (Naruto, Dragonball [after Cell Saga, some say even before then], and Pokemon for starters). If you want a good Anime, find one that actually ends. Granted, some longer series are good (Bleach is fairly entertaining, in spite of its length), but I think the glory of anime truly shines in such short series as FLCL and Full Metal Alchemist and such movies as the original Ghost In the Shell feature.

Er... No.

I love Bleach, but it has succumb to the same monotony that happens to many notable Anime (Naruto, Dragonball [after Cell Saga, some say even before then], and Pokemon for starters). If you want a good Anime, find one that actually ends. Granted, some longer series are good (Bleach is fairly entertaining, in spite of its length), but I think the glory of anime truly shines in such short series as FLCL and Full Metal Alchemist and such movies as the original Ghost In the Shell feature.

code geass isn't bad either, as far as anime that actally makes it to the states goes.

Ghost in the Shell was great, but Akira, Evangelion, and even spirited Away were better i.m.o.

code geass isn't bad either, as far as anime that actally makes it to the states goes.

Ghost in the Shell was great, but Akira, Evangelion, and even spirited Away were better i.m.o.

Agreed on Gode Geass.

Akira was good. Spirited Away was okay to me, but I am probably one of the few whom didn't think it was the best work of that particular artist.

As for Evangelion, I am referring to the stand-alone movie for Ghost in the Shell, which was based on the manga, but an independent story which came into being before the Anime. I do not know what the case is for Evangelion, but I don't exactly find it fair to compare a series to a movie.

Bleach is one of the better "neverending" series. The plot is decent enough, the pacing ranges from good to fantastic, the animation also goes from good to fantastic, and the filler arcs are generally as engaging as the rest of the story. The Bount arc was very well done. Without reading the manga (or talking to other ppl), you wouldn't know that it was filler. It actually adds something to the story and the evolution of the characters (i.e. Ichigo's slower descent into madness, Renji's desire to protect the shop, etc.) The New Captain arc was average, but decent enough to hold my attention. The new Zanpaktou arc is nothing short of fantastic, delving into the personalities and histories of some of the lesser-used characters, namely the Shinigami.

You can't really compare a neverending series like Bleach to a defined existence piece like Geass or Death Note. Compare it instead to other neverending series like DBZ, Naruto, and Pokemon. I believe it comes out ahead of all of them.

I read the manga until a few months ago, and I have to say that it is awful. Maybe as an anime the pacing and filler help it, but I can't read a story where the two main arcs are about rescuing a character who could escape but don't want to.

Seriously, that is it. Both Orihime and Rukia are powerful, probably more so than has been revealed. I just can't give a crap about such a worthless idea,. And lets not go into the fact that there are too many characters, which makes the fight scenes drag on to 30+ chapters. Dragonball and Naruto have fight scenes that might go on for 4-5 chapters, and then there is plot development.

How Bleach is still popular I can't understand, I hope it is due to incredible animation or something, because the story just doesn't do it.

Rukia had her reitsu sealed by the collar on her neck, which (I believe) can only be released by a Captain-level reitsu. Plus, her reitsu still hadn't recovered from Ichigo taking all of it back in issue one.

Inoue's by far and away the weakest offensive character in the series. She isn't powerful enough to fight Ulquiorra, much less Aizen. She could have tried to escape, but she would have definitely died at the hands of pretty much any of the Espada. The only thing keeping her alive was Aizen's will. The only reason she came with Ulquiorra in the first place was so that he'd call off the attack on earth (probably his biggest weakness, IMO).

Honestly, Bleach is a pretty horrible anime, even though I do read the manga. Everything is so drawn out and it's such bad writing that sometimes it's hard to read.

When I was first getting into anime, I completed Bleach's Soul Society arc and enjoyed it. I watched the first few episodes of whatever came after that and hated it. Haven't thought about revisiting the series since.

Mai Otome was my favourite anime and is clearly better than bleach xD.
Still haven't figured out why it is called Bleach.

Its called Bleach because Ichigo's hair looks like it's bleached compared to normal Japanese people.

If you are going to call it the best, I'd agree with Bullados in that it's one of the best "Never-ending series." Very good story, and a gradual power jump that has to occur with any shonen show that's of moderate length. IMO it's one of the better "Intro to Anime" or "Expand your Horizons" animes (for people who've seen maybe one show, like Naruto for instance) out there, though with its length, that use is slightly prohibited.

Like Bullados said, you can't compare somthing like Mai Otome, Code Geass, Death Note, TTGL, and others to Bleach. Bleach can only be compared to similar shows, like Naruto, YuYu Hakusho, DBZ, Inuyasha, and others of epic length and proportions.

Bleach is called Bleach (according to Tite Kubo) because ghosts are considered white, but that was a boring title, so he called it Bleach, which was white. I'm not sure if this is exact, but it's something like that. It was in an interview in SJ a while ago.

Agreed on Gode Geass.

Akira was good. Spirited Away was okay to me, but I am probably one of the few whom didn't think it was the best work of that particular artist.

As for Evangelion, I am referring to the stand-alone movie for Ghost in the Shell, which was based on the manga, but an independent story which came into being before the Anime. I do not know what the case is for Evangelion, but I don't exactly find it fair to compare a series to a movie.

I was talking about the Evan series. Then there's always Samurai Champloo!!! That one was great!

I thought the name was a tribute to the Japanese band, Bleach. Oh well, shows what I know about it.

Anyway, I have to agree with SuperWooper. Soul Society Arc was pretty good, but after that it just got ridiculous (in the bad way). At least I could stand Naruto until the massive filler which occurs before the time-skip (let's not even talk about Shippuden; it makes me want to cry), and Dragonball Z was bearable, even with filler, up until Majin Buu saga. Code Geass, Gundam, and other anime of the like are a coin flip to me, though Geass and Gundam Wing both have considerably epic storylines. I don't want to even touch upon Inu-Yasha (only liked it for Seshomaru).

It's really kind of cheating to call 'Pokemon' a never-ending series and not do the same for Digimon, and, all-in-all, I enjoy Digimon more than I do Pokemon or Bleach. The US Dubs? No. The original Japanese. Pokemon grows stale after its first season in terms of resale value (as it is more or less the same exact thing over and over again, 'cept with a few new Pokemon thrown into the mix. The only exceptions are the filler movies, and even those tend to repeat themselves at times), whereas Digimon seems to always spice things up a little bit somehow. In fact, the only season I really didn't enjoy for Digimon was Season 4 (Japanese Season 3 is tolerable). Given this comment, don't worry; I still occasionally watch Pokemon. Just not as faithfully as I used to.

Seeing as how the Soul Society Arc is so 'short', I actually do find it fitting that people compare it to things such as FMA, TTGL, and Death Note. After all, if that's all they watched (or all they could bare to watch) of it, well...

It's really kind of cheating to call 'Pokemon' a never-ending series and not do the same for Digimon
Not really. Pokemon has more than twice the number of episodes that Digimon has. Pokemon started in 1997 while Digimon started in 1999. Digimon only has a new series every now and then and most of them are completely unrelated which makes it a franchise and not a never ending series.

Inuyasha was brought up as well. It's definitely not never ending. It only had 167 episodes; however, a new season of Inuyasha starts next month where they plan to finish it.

The true never ending series is, of course, Hunter X Hunter. :frown:

Last edited:
Back