Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Call of Duty 5: World at War

soxrcol

Looks pretty good so far, atm I think cod4 is better, some of the weapons in cod5 are pretty lame.
I'm glad the made the grenades worse though, martydom and (now 2) frag will be less popular.
the level cap is like 70 I think also, you can still go up to 10 th prestige though and each time you prestige you get more custom class slots heh.

any thoughts on the game so far?

^ That was before during the demo's life.

CoD:WaW is out!

Discuss.

Last edited:
All and all I would agree with you that cod4 is a little better. But I think that's because world at war is made by a company other than infinity ward. (I do like the new factions though.) from the beta i would give it a 8.25/10 :thumb:

I've got a PS3 so I can't get the demo, but from what I've seen on youtube and stuff, I'm really looking forward to the game. I had it preordered and I think I'm supposed to get it later today.

I'm sure COD4 is probably better, but I can't wait to play the game! COD4 is awesome, but it's nice to have a change in maps and guns and all of that.

btw, it was Treyarch who made COD5. I think they spent two years making it (double the time Infinity Ward spent on COD4 I think). And Treyarch made COD3.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, it was Treyarch who made COD5. I think they spent two years making it (double the time Infinity Ward spent on COD4 I think). And Treyarch made COD3.

Could have fooled me.

CoD: WaW just feels weird compared to CoD4. The animations are borderline hilarious: judging by the appearance of the running/jogging animation, the soldiers are wearing helmets for multiple reasons. Plus, the weapon sounds are odd. For example, the last LMG you can get in the beta (I forget the name, but it has a really high rate of fire) sounds BEAST when somebody else is using it, but it sounds like a pop gun when you fire it (the same is true for almost everything else, except snipers, which have a very satisfying -CRACK- noise when fired).

Besides, it's hard to get psyched by YET ANOTHER WWII shooter. I'll be staying on 4 for my serious gaming, thank you.

That's just what I read from Wikipedia, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Like I said, I'm just going off of the videos I've seen. I haven't played the game myself, but I still think it looks like a good game.

I think part of the reason is because I don't play many video games. Besides pokemon, the games I play the most are Return to Castle Wolfenstein (which I don't play anymore) and COD4. So I really don't have that feeling of "oh...another WW2 shooter" because I haven't played many WW2 shooters. That's probably why I've been hearing that it's not a great game.

I've played it, it's not as good as COD4. I really miss having a semi automatic rifle I didn't have to reload every 3 seconds.

I had it preordered and I think I'm supposed to get it later today.

You mean you reserved it? Or you did something to order it from online? Because if you reserved it in store, then you'll have to go and get it Tuesday, the 11th.(haha, Veterans Day, get it??)

I think we'll just have to all except the fact that this game will not be the awsomeness and win that was CoD4. I'm just happy it's for the Wii this time, because I personally love FPS's for the Wii.

I dunno...my mom told me she preordered it or something (as an early birthday gift). But she said gamestop said that I could pick up the game after 5 pm today.

I may get this down the line, maybe in the spring when there's a drought of good games (unlike right now when there's a good game coming out every week ATLEAST) but right now I don't feel the need to get it...Gears of War 2 is gonna be my multiplayer game of choice for months to come anyway

Well, I can say the graphics in COD5 aren't the best, but I still love the game. I played for almost seven hours last night lol.

Well, my Dad got me the game for my birthday as hoped, and I must say, it is very addictive. As good as it is, unless you have money to bust, if you already own CoD4, you probably won't wanna waist(waste? I can never remember...) money on this game. It's incredibly fun, but I think CoD4 is probably way better. Even so, the 4v4 online matches are BEAST!

It is pretty much COD4 with a WW2 Mod Slapped on.

The spawns are really annoying though. I kill the guy and he respawns right behind me.

It is pretty much COD4 with a WW2 Mod Slapped on.

The spawns are really annoying though. I kill the guy and he respawns right behind me.

EXACTLY!

I had no idea I could nerd rage all over the place until I played CoD5. It's the only game that's pushed me to a yelling-curses-and-punching-pillows level of angry.

Heaven, even if I get a 3.0 or better kdr, I'm livid because it could have been a 4.0 if I didn't get reverse spawn killed multiple times.

I love the game...except for the fact that I had the 'downloading game settings' error the past few days and my rank reset itself earlier. I started a game at level 27, then ended the game at level 4. The weird thing was that I kept all the guns, perks, and challenges as if I was still at level 27. I got back up to level 17 and it still hasn't fixed itself...

One of the only problems in this game is the team death match parings. If I'm one of the lowest there, me and all the other n00bs are put on 1 team, and all the good guys on another. I mean they should atleast give us a fair chance at winning, like spreading and equalling out the teams a little.

Well, if you're playing regular TDM, remember that full parties can join, and that the game will NEVER split up a party unless there's some sort of matchmaking error.

If you're talking about MTDM . . . that happens all the time. Even in COD4.

Back