Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cheater unbanned and playing at Worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Apparently Curtis Lyon was unbanned and is playing at this years Worlds, after blatantly cheating while being recorded on video. Everyone should be outraged at this decision...

Last edited:
Stupid decision. But at the same time hes gonna be watched like a hawk. All his opponents should be smart enough to catch him and if he does cheat again he will be caught and I doubt hell be able to play pokemon competitively again.

Apparently Curtis L was unbanned and is playing at this years Worlds, after blatantly cheating while being recorded on video. Everyone should be outraged at this decision...

So here's what I was told...he was banned for a year, but wrote a letter to Pokemon and they took away his ban. I wholeheartedly agree that this is an outrage. I guess Pokemon condones cheating now.

So here's what I was told...he was banned for a year, but wrote a letter to Pokemon and they took away his ban. I wholeheartedly agree that this is an outrage. I guess Pokemon condones cheating now.

Makes you wonder what sob story he told them.

People have said he threatened with a lawsuit, but aside from 'he said' there is no source for that on the Facebook groups. At least he's 0-2 now, and hopefully the karma train keeps on trucking over him.

People have said he threatened with a lawsuit, but aside from 'he said' there is no source for that on the Facebook groups. At least he's 0-2 now, and hopefully the karma train keeps on trucking over him.

Hmm. Sue on what grounds? I was under the impression it was their club so their rules

This really is a sad outcome for P!P. The message it sends (and heck the message no doing anything about another player who was on video mana weaving, and having full knowledge what he was doing) is a poor one. It is basically saying, yeah go ahead and cheat if we like you. But if you are like that Newman kid, we will ban hammer you into oblivion.

It also seems to indicate that actually cheating in the course of play isn't as bad as playing as someone else at a Pre-Release. Past National Champions stay banned for something relatively trivial, albeit it against the rules and stupid. While this guy get to play.

@ the lawsuit, he did not have one. There is video evidence that he cheated, so that rules out slander, defamation, and libel because it was true.

There is literally not a single line of reasoning that P!P could tell us that makes unbanning him OK.

Curtis started at 0-3 so at least he won't be hanging around in the Top Cut.

---------- Post added 08/10/2013 at 04:17 PM ----------

Stupid decision. But at the same time hes gonna be watched like a hawk. All his opponents should be smart enough to catch him and if he does cheat again he will be caught and I doubt hell be able to play pokemon competitively again.

That doesn't matter. He shouldn't be there, period.

His lawsuit could be that he never gave anyone permission to film him. Since they never had permission the aforementioned recording of his cheating may not be admissable as evidence against him.

His lawsuit could be that he never gave anyone permission to film him. Since they never had permission the aforementioned recording of his cheating may not be admissable as evidence against him.

I have a hard time believing that. It is common knowledge at all the events I've been to or seen streamed that you can request not to be on stream, and the organizers always ask if they want to be on stream.

He obviously won't. He will come on here asking not to be considered a cheater because he didn't know it was wrong, with his buddies coming over to defend him.

We as a community should never be content with this decision.

Hes 0/3 start pretty much shows his level of skill.

But funny that they reverted it, but shows how lame tcpi is.

What kinda judge overturns their decisions with blatant evidence.

I'm not complaining. Looks like he's spending some hard money to be there for sleep, eat, etc and having a poor showing.

House always wins. GG Pokemon.

I think it's because of a judging issue. Curtis asked a judge if he should shuffle his deck further, after it was brought to the staffs attention and the judges told him he didn't. I'm sure Curtis knew exactly what he was doing but it's hard to ban someone when they follow what pokemon's judges tell them is okay.

This is really a shame. TPCi needs to bring the banhammer down here. We all know he cheated; heck, he probably knows he cheated. He should NOT be playing at Worlds. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back