Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Collation of Next Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogremarauder

I know the prereleases are still a week or so away, but does anyone know what the print run on this set will be? I know that with other games, this information seems to make it into public circles before the actual release. Like frequency #s for full art, holo, ex, rare; for Next Destinies. I have yet to get difinitive info, regarding any subject EVER really, related to Pokemon. Please refrain from mindless speculation (yeah right, sure). Serious info would be appreciated though. Thanks to All!

We usually get rough estimates for the Chase cards. For the last 3 sets, we got pretty consistently 2 FAs per box, though that can vary. There are numbers for sets before that, but I honestly don't remember them.

Expect a massive change with 3 levels of Chase cards in ND, rather than the 1 level that there was in the first 4 BW sets.

See, thats what I mean^ How do you know that there are 3 levels of 'chase' cards? I only see 2 levels of 'chase'. Full art, and secret like over# cards. Did anyone say that the ex cards will be any rarer than random holo x? The primes weren't 'chase' cards. And why isn't there any way of finding this info? Does it not exist on a sell sheet somewhere? M:tG and a few other games have this info easily available(if not by WotC, then by someone) long before a set is actually released. How can Pokemon be SO different?

3 levels of chase EX, FA EX, and Shiny. Typically we dont get pull rates until after Prereleases or just before that when we start getting scans of the whole set. With 3 levels of secret/ultra rares i think that regular EX pokemon will be in the 3-5 range, FA EXs being 1-2 per box, and the shinys being 0-1 a box.

I totally forgot the shinings! Sorry. So you believe the ex will fall into the holo ratio? like 1:4-5 packs or something like that?

So the primes WERE at a different frequency? Is this confirmed? not sarcasm or snarkyness from me, I'm trying to understand more about the collector side of the game. My family and I just started collecting for more than play.

So we are looking at somewhere between 6-8 ex cards per box based on the # being released(supposed to be six?) And then maybe a shining per box? With the demand for some ex being ridiculous, this set is going to be a challenge to collect :)

I don't think there will be any more than six EX cards per box, including the FAs. One Shining per box seems a little heavy, I'd go one in two or three.

The Primes were a different ratio b/c they came in a different spot. They took the RH spot in a pack, not the Rare spot. And they came in roughly 6 per box, so about 1 in 6 packs.

Holos are 1 in 3 packs. This hasn't changed since the Base Set days. But remember that almost every Chase card (other than the Primes) is also classified as a "Holo". So the actual Holo pull rate is lower than that. If you include the Chase+Holo pull rate, it's 1 in 3 packs, almost exactly.

Chase cards tend to have their pull ratios expressed in boxes more than in packs. So Primes are generally 6 per box, but in the RH spot. FAs are generally 2 per box. Legends are generally 2 per box. LvXs were generally 3-5 per box, depending on the set.

Also, you're not going to get perfectly accurate pull ratios from this. You're going to get approximations based on experience. And you're not going to see these approximations really "work" until after the 2nd weekend of Prereleases. Pokemon does not release these numbers, and it's generally difficult-to-impossible to get sealed boxes of Pokemon product before the release date.

I've noticed this game is locked down tighter than Dave Lombardo's snare. I do appreciate the info, this will especially help with buying older boxes.

If I had to guess, I would think previous history would give us an answer.

I expect the FA to be 2 per box. I don't think this is going to change.

Ex Pokemon, yes the Ex Pokemon are FA, but I'm not going to count them here. If there is only 6 different Ex, I would expect 2 per box, if there is 8, I would expect 3.

As far as the shining Pokemon, it can vary. I wouldn't be shocked if it was 1 per 3 boxes and that's what my money is on, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was 1 in 2 boxes or 1 in 1. I don't think it will be anything better or worse that 1 per box or 1 per 3 boxes.

Incase anyone is wondering, the breakdown of Ex or Lv. X per box (not including the FA cards in this set) was the following in previous sets.

1-4 Ex/Lv. X - 1 per box
5-7 Ex/Lv. X - 2 per box
8-10 Ex/Lv. X - 3 per box
11-14 Ex/Lv. X - 4 per box

I would use that chart to figure out how many will be in each box. However that's just me. You all can speculate all you want, but that's my simple way of figure it all out.

Drew

I doubt the EX this time around will be more rare than Primes, considering the *old* EX are basically the slot that our FA cards take up now. So with 6 FA cards I'd expect 2 per box.

Likewise with the "shiny" cards, there are 4 different ones, 1 per 3 boxes would make individual ones ungodly difficult to get, I'm expecting those to be 1 per box (so 2 FA, 1 shiny per box). Usually with those kind of cards (eg Pikachu, Meowth) when they are 1 per 3 boxes, there's only the one "special rare" card, rather than 4... so if they're 1 per box that means each unique shiny is 1/4 boxes but you always get one of the four.

I'm thinking it will be 2-3 Ex's per box, and 2 full arts to stay consistent with what we already have. So I would say its 3-4 Ex's per box based on the history of the game, 2 of them being full arts. Only time will tell though.

I heard that they were 2 normal Ex and 1 FA Ex per box. I saw the guy's pulls. I'm hoping its not true, or that he was just unlucky and got some kind of flukey box but that's what he pulled out of the one he opened.

Drew, I seem to remember different pokemon-ex ratios for RS and SS. I think RS had upwards of double-digit exs, and SS had at least 6-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back