Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

could somebody help me with my flygon/magneton deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeVirus7

i would really like someone to help me improve this deck... i'm not sure what i could do to improve this deck

pokemon: 22

3x trapinch 79/97
3x vibrava 22/97
2x flygon 4/97
4x magnemite 63/97
3x magneton 17/97
2x zigzagoon 85/100
2x zigzagoon 79/109
3x linoone 38/109

trainers: 12

2x lady outing
2x mr. briney's compassion
3x potion
2x rare candy
3x poke ball

energy: 26

6x lighning energy
4x every other basic energy

any suggestions on what to change would be apperciated!

LifeVirus7 said:
i would really like someone to help me improve this deck... i'm not sure what i could do to improve this deck

3x trapinch 79/97
3x vibrava 22/97
2x flygon 4/97
4x magnemite 63/97
3x magneton 17/97
2x zigzagoon 85/100
2x zigzagoon 79/109
3x linoone 38/109

2x lady outing
3x potion
2x rare candy
3x poke ball

6x lighning energy

take out all the potion and pokeball and add more energy u need it bad i always have at least 20 energy in my deck and it rocks

This deck needs delcatty and juggler, which you can get energys back with magneton, to get your hand size huge and then you energy shower. Also you need dunsparce to get the set up. Take out linoone for delcatty. If you are going to have 26 energy which i dont recomend play seer. I would rather play like 20 in this deck and then have room for jugglers and all the other drawing things that you need.

LifeVirus7 said:

3x trapinch 79/97
3x vibrava 22/97
2x flygon 4/97
4x magnemite 63/97
3x magneton 17/97
2x zigzagoon 85/100
2x zigzagoon 79/109
3x linoone 38/109

2x lady outing
3x potion
2x rare candy
3x poke ball

6x lighning energy

Pokemon 21

3 magnemite
3 magneton
2 skitty
2 delcatty
4 dunsparce
3 trapinch
3 flygon

Trainers 19
4 juggler
3 rare candy
4 oracles
3 tv reporters
1 warp point
1 fisherman
1 crystal shard
1 professor elms training method

energy 20
3 double rainbow energy
8 grass energy
9 electric energy

I think the deck will run a lot faster like this because you have good draw and end up with a lot of energy in your hand. And you only need two types of energy in this deck because magneton is supposed to attack not flygon.

Last edited:
Pokemon: 20
4x Dunsparks
4x trapinch
2x vibrava
4x flygon
2x magnemite
2x magneton
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

Trainers: 24
4x Oracle
4x Buffer Peace
4x P.O.R.
4x Reversal
3x PETM
3x rare candy
2x TV

Energy: 16
8x lighning energy
4x DRE
4x Rainbow

This slims the energy and makes it faster!!! hope u do better with this!! :D

Last edited:
energy shower only does basic so you need at least 13 basic energy. Also buffer piece and pokemon reversal are not needed in this deck. You need jugglers in this deck to get the energy for energy shower fast and reporters but dont need as many oaks research because that sort of goes against the strategy of having a lot of energys in your hand

good luck to ya.i used to try playing it and kept getting stomped before i could get the lines going.i hope you're more successful with it,because it is a fun deck.

TennisEmperor said:
energy shower only does basic so you need at least 13 basic energy. Also buffer piece and pokemon reversal are not needed in this deck. You need jugglers in this deck to get the energy for energy shower fast and reporters but dont need as many oaks research because that sort of goes against the strategy of having a lot of energys in your hand

U dont need energy shower because DRE and basic :lightning is secend turn 50 and with buffer peace u reduce 40 from each attack (Its good with flygon) and the way you get energy to your discard is delcatty
and you dont need to play 13 basic if you run magniton!!!! The point with oaks reserch is so you dont lose from having no cards in your deck and so youcan shuffle all the energy in if you have nothing left to play!!!! and reversal that card is amazing with flygon see what you do is say Ray come out and play and hit him for 100 second turn and draw 2 prize!!!!

SceptileEx+MukEx=bablow said:
U dont need energy shower because DRE and basic is secend turn 50 and with buffer peace u reduce 40 from each attack (Its good with flygon) and the way you get energy to your discard is delcatty
and you dont need to play 13 basic if you run magniton!!!! The point with oaks reserch is so you dont lose from having no cards in your deck and so youcan shuffle all the energy in if you have nothing left to play!!!! and reversal that card is amazing with flygon see what you do is say Ray come out and play and hit him for 100 second turn and draw 2 prize!!!!

Tennis Emporer is right, you are missing the point of an Energy Shower deck. The whole point is to get out massive basic energys for flygon to use rainbow burn and magneton to do magnetic force(or whatever its called)

Yes, DRE would add to the Magneton's attack greatly but thats not the point for an Energy Shower deck.

Last edited:
MetallicKingScizor said:
Tennis Emporer is right, you are missing the point of an Energy Shower deck. The whole point is to get out massive basic energys for flygon to use rainbow burn and magneton to do magnetic force(or whatever its called)

Yes, DRE would add to the Magneton's attack greatly but thats not the point for an Energy Shower deck.

The energy shower flygon is bad because of weak to :colorless and all decks run RayEx or shard and he dose not have a good effect to make him worth playing!!! the rare flygon is better in the current medagame!!! but its not my deck so ill just stop talking its not me who will loose with rainbowBurner flygon!!!!

my 2 cents...

3x Dunsparks
3x trapinch
3x vibrava
3x flygon
3x magnemite
3x magneton
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

Trainers:
3x Oracle
3x tv reporter
3x P.O.R.
3x juggler
2x friendball
3x warp point
2x mr briney
1x TV

Energy: 18
8x lighning energy
5x fire
5x grass

Last edited:
U dont play Energy shower!!!! WEAK TO :colorless MEANS SHARD GG!!!!!
Are you talking about the horrible-promo flygon. If you want something that does 50 second turn crawdant,which i also dont like, does 50 and 100 to blaziken second turn. I dont even want to here you argue that it is weak to colerless because its whole point is not to attack but to use energy shower. They promo flygons whole point is to sit there and do absolutely nothing exept be a common monster that cant attack whatsoever and with a pokemon power thats bad. I hope this help's because you know how a "winning" flygon deck works and i would doubt that the promo flygon would ever be playable or in that case be able to win a match.

Last edited:
TennisEmperor said:
Are you talking about the horrible-promo flygon. If you want something that does 50 second turn crawdant,which i also dont like, does 50 and 100 to blaziken second turn. I dont even want to here you argue that it is weak to colerless because its whole point is not to attack but to use energy shower. They promo flygons whole point is to sit there and do absolutely nothing exept be a common monster that cant attack whatsoever and with a pokemon power thats bad. I hope this help's because you know how a "winning" flygon deck works and i would doubt that the promo flygon would ever be playable or in that case be able to win a match.

Im talking about the rare flygon from dragons not the holo the want thats power reduces everything by 20!!! witch is 10 times better then energy burn!!! Dont be a noob!!!

Last edited:
Im talking about the rare flygon from dragons not the holo the want thats power reduces everything by 20!!! Dont be a noob!!! witch is 10 times better

um, no flygon reduces damage by 20. and the closest to that power is salamence, which reduces by 10

and tennis, i noticed your idea was one card short. i noticed that as i was building the deck

Last edited:
sceptile, the promo holo is the rare one, just holo.

the rare one sucks because u hafat flip for the dagmage reduction.

and besides, its an ENERGY SHOWER deck, oh wait... you cant seem to get that through your thick skull, let me try again

E N E R G Y - S H O W E R

not crappy flygon deck, energy shower deck, you got that?

besides, oh no hes weak to colorless, but he has resistance too, which makes him better.

oh and guess what? turn 3 good flygon kills ray... so might as well just use the holo one that is good.

my $0.0000000000000000002

Edited Um you wanna tone it down. Some of what was removed was not needed.

(Sorry, I was mad :mad: )

Last edited:
LifeVirus7 said:
um, no flygon reduces damage by 20. and the closest to that power is salamence, which reduces by 10

and tennis, i noticed your idea was one card short. i noticed that as i was building the deck
Pokemon 21

Ok i see that too. sorry here is 60 cards.

3 magnemite
3 magneton
2 skitty
2 delcatty
4 dunsparce
3 trapinch
3 flygon

Trainers 19
4 juggler
3 rare candy
4 oracles
4 tv reporters
1 warp point
1 fisherman
1 crystal shard
1 professor elms training method

energy 20
4 double rainbow energy (energy shower and increase magnetons attack by 20 when attached to something other than him)
8 grass energy
8 electric energy

Last edited:
ok, thanks for the help guys. i'm gonna try it out and i'll have results in a report on sunday or monday from a gym challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back