Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do people ACTUALLY test strategy on Redshark?

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
Hi all...

I have no other Pokemon players in my area other than my family members. If they don't feel like playing and I do... I'm just sitting at the table building and testing in Solo mode... lol

If I want to test a new deck idea, is there anyone out there who still plays on Redshark?

I created a new Hamachi network and loaded the new Redshark 2.3 ...

I'm 8th in VA.. so, not a new player to Pokemon, but I AM new to playing someone else on Redshark.

Questions:
Do people actually play on Redshark or is it mainly used for chat?
Do people play "league style" or do they do stupid little card tricks?

I'd LOVE to be able to play others and test new ideas when my loved ones would rather do something other than Pokemon ...

I NEED to try out Machamp, Gengar, Dusknoir and other popular decks vs. my decks...

Network = RedShark354
Password = asdfjkl;

EDIT: Had to make sure the uppercase letters were correct... it'll work now for all who just tried!

Yahoo Messenger = plzsendmoney

Last edited:
I'll play. I'll be using Machamp.

What server on Hamachi? It says Redshark354 doesn't exist.

I test on Redshark, either through the solitaire or with someone else. The only complaint I have is the way cards are randomly generated, which imo isn't that random. Pokemon and energy tend to be stuck together.

AMT just walked me through my 1st Redshark game.

He even loaded up Machamp for me to play against...

THANK YOU AMT!!

OMG @ this resource!!!

It's like having a League game whenever you want!!!

i got a question for anyone who plays both redshark and apprentice. is redshark more memory intensive than apprentice? i mean is there choppy animation and stuff? my computer shuts down when more than 3 programs are open at a time so im afraid having redshark open would freak out my comp.

I test on Redshark, either through the solitaire or with someone else. The only complaint I have is the way cards are randomly generated, which imo isn't that random. Pokemon and energy tend to be stuck together.

I really agree with you on the randomness thing... I think that's where apprentice wins out.

i think the randomness is wrong
i have once got over 20 mulligans in a row and about 15 tails flips in a row

does anyone want to play?

Actually the reverse IMHO Pika. All decks are affected equally by the shark shuffle mechanics. A consistent deck will have a better showing against that factor than a less consistent one will over several trials.

... "League style?" "Card tricks?" What do you mean?

League Style = sit down at a table and play...

Card Tricks = illegal deck and unnessessary cheating...

I'm about to hop on the network and fire up a game...
Y'all hit me up on the network chat for a game OR ... Yahoo messenger.. .

OMG ... this program is helping me SO SO SO MUCH! You REALLY don't know the impact of a card until it's doing it's thing against your deck!

TY to everyone who has played and joined my network so far...

Octillery
Flygon's Dad.. .
MrMeches..
AMT..

and many others..

I've gotten a little experience w/ Machamp, Gengar, Scizor.. and SF torterra !!

Last edited:
I haven't ever managed to get Redshark to work online, but if I ever figure it out I'll be sure to let you know.

I haven't heard of anyone cheating on Redshark, and there would be no point. The idea is to test decks, you can't get a good idea of how well a deck works if you don't play it in practice the way you would play it in a tournament.

this thread tempted me to boot up redshark and give it another try. i played it solitaire style, and i do have to agree with others about the lack of randomization of cards. it was pretty obvious after just 6 rounds. that's too bad. i'll give it another chance, but if the randomization algorithm is broken, there's no point in using this.

Back