Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

European Hawaii Trips through rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireborn

With only 2 weekends and a handful of Premier Events to go, I thought it might be a nice idea to make a list of the players getting trips to Hawaii from Europe through the rankings, because there are also a lot of National Champions high up whose trip would get passed down. So here's what I came up with (I'm open for corrections!)

The players who have already won trips through their National Championship or last year's World Championship are marked with ***. Places without *** are the places which will get trips as it stands now.

Juniors

***1. Vy T 2061.96 (Norway)
***2. Joona K 1984.01 (Finland)
3. Thomas H 1956.85 (France)
*** 4. Arnoud Van B 1945.80 (Netherlands)
5. Perttu K 1937.34 (Finland)
6. Gunter V 1931.48 (Belgium)
*** 7. Oscar P 1923.83 (Sweden)
*** 8. Olaf B 1906.08 (Netherlands)
*** 9. Jakob A 1893.98 (Denmark)
*** 10. Frederik N 1872.21 (Belgium)
11. Tony A 1869.68 (Denmark)
12. Juhana H 1867.74 (Finland)
13. Marcus D 1858.69 (Denmark)

Seniors:

1. Nguyen L 2069.55 (Norway)
2. Jimi P 2007.91 (Finland)
3. Eetu O 1994.17 (Finland)
4. Peter L 1990.07 (Denmark)
5. Niki K 1986.01 (Finland)
6. Axel S 1973.71 (Norway)

No pass downs for the Seniors! Tough luck for Glenn, who misses out by 4 points :(

***1. Arco Oliemans 2111.96 (Netherlands)
2. Adrien Delambre 2067.45 (France)
3. Laetitia Delhausse 2058.79 (Belgium)
4. Steffen Eriksen 2058.44 (Denmark)
5. Esa Juntunen 2055.83 (Finland)

Tough on the no. 6 who misses out on 1 point!

These should be the final updates!

Last edited:
that's cause none of the high level master played his national with 100% spirit of the game and sportmanship sitting on the chance to have fake BRs after his national ;)

just kidding....

Arco FTW!
Gatsu FTL!

I know, how ironic would it be if Esa didn't win a rankings trip after he decided to judge his Nationals. But really, Denmark has like 10 Battle Roads left, so expect the Danish MA player to rise through the rankings pretty fast as well :p

Has Olivier M., in Junior, the trip?

I think the french champion is Nicolas M....

Btw, Laura Toni FTW.

Tomorow it will look different in the top of Master. Steffen E. lost one match to Lars A. Rank 13. and after that he played against one from Junior, because of too few players in all 3 agegroups. The only one he took points from, was me :nonono: and I am low ranked. So I think he will drop down 2 places. But Lars A. was lucky to have 4 matches all against Master, so he will move up.

Edit: So far I know the player from GB won the National in Juniors

Last edited:
I know, the Seniors list is so very...varied!

As far as I know, Olivier M. won the French Nationals in Juniors, so he has the trip.

But Denmark has a lot of BRs still to go, so it should be interesting!

Nicholas played in UK nationals because at the time the ratings invites were unattainable in the seniors. Thats now looking like the wrong decision after the recent adjustment to the Finnland ratings. He is once more desperate for points to recover the 4-2 disaster at nationals. We travelled to a UK battle road today 3+ hours in the car (stupid roads!) only to play two games within his age group as attendance was low. High Wycombe/maidenhead or whatever it is called this weekend and then one last minute chance at Guildford on the 16th. Its not looking very likely unless attendance at BRs suddenly picks up.

Feres hasn't played much this year but after going 9-0 at UK nats his rating should be around 1820 so I think he is the anonymous 12th place GB junior. It may not matter because I thought tht rule was that you had to be opted in to recieve an invite through ratings. Of course given the difficulties in the juniors of setting up my pokemon accounts it is possible that POP may decide not to implement that particular condition this year.

Ian, you can always come to my BR on Sunday, guaranteed 4 rounds, top 4 in the Seniors, with some pretty high-ranked players attending ;) That's a 6-0 for a 50+ point boost! Seriously, I hope Nicholas has a shot in the next few weeks. I really think it's still open in both Seniors and Masters.

I thought it might be Fares, which would be odd. If he won a trip to Worlds last year, why should he be NOIR? Because one of the requirements for the trip is to have a POP account, so at the very least his username or something should show up. For now, I'll just mark him as the GB Nats winner then. I think you're right Ian, you have to be opted in for the ranking invite. That was the whole point of getting the NOIR players to show up like that.

Fireborn.. we considered it. But it will cost almost as much for the pair of us to get to Assen as it does for one of us to go to Hawaii. Now if you can guarantee Nicholas going 6-0 then that would swing it but I know that just isn't possible.

Rainham BR yesterday only three seniors attended. +10 points and a Victory medal promo for Nicholas.

This must be somekind of dejavu...
How this young gentleman can be a winner, even their nationals not has been even played yet??
Maybe u know something what we rest don't....Maybe there is going to be some "special treatment" for this case....and i said only maybe :tongue:

Hey Marstio....where is the post about the "penalties" PUI/OP gave your country?? Seems the points went down the other day, but no post by you. :rolleyes:

IF you had read the 1st post by Fireborn, you would see that the *** meant EITHER a Nats winner OR a Worlds 2006 TOP 4! I guess your memory fails you in that Arnould already has his trip to Hawaii from Worlds 2006 nice finish! Or is it the fact that is Lia's child that you are taking a shot at them?? :nonono:

Keith

No its not your rating that is fixed. It is the point in time when the ranking invites are decided. Your rating will continue to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back