Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Exclusive Coverage: Worlds 05 SETUP!

Well, much to my surprise, Setup for Worlds 05 has already begun! It began about an hour ago, so there is not much progress done yet. I will however keep you updated as much as possible, as my computer access may be limited over the next few days.
---
UPDATE 1:

Time(California): 2:00

Current Progress: In the main room, the Metal framing for behind the stage and the giant screen(used last year for t32 timer) are set up. Outside the room is a black sheet type thing, looking a lot like what the card art was put on last year. Also in the Foyer are a LOT of unopened cardboard boxes containing who knows what, a plastic bag full of Beanbags for the beanbag room, and rolled up posters with pokemon pictures on them(like the ones used last year to mark the 3 registration tables, as well as some for decoration) in plastic bags on the floor. Outside the Convention hall are at least 300+ chairs.

Estimated Time of Next Update: 5:00(California time)
---
More updates on the way at varying intervals!

Thanks Mike for the update! Keeping all of us NON-Compeditors uptodate! Also The rest of the Shack want to wish you and the many others from Rochester Hills Good Luck at World's '05

Hey I know you and im in San Diego too! Lol...We wen't to the beach and I found this wicked cyber cafe type thing. Ill have to check this out when I get back to the hotel.

Icecold-Yeah, heh...I thought you were going to the zoo? Regardless, when you get back, find me at either the pool or my room...

pokekid-Trust me, you're not missing much yet, don't worry.

New Feature: A second stage is now set up...why two stages? Hmm...

GymLeaderPhil said:
One for the main event, one for side events.

Ah, that makes sense. Then again, they're not at opposite sides of the room length(long side) wise, they're at opposites of the room width(short side) wise...so I dunno. And they're the same size =P

Anyways, the second stage update will count as my 5:00 update...If possible I'll make my next update 8:00 PM California Time.

Poliwag92 said:
I'm not trying to sound greedy or anything negative, but is there any compensation pf some sort for voluteering?

What are you talking about? This isn't volunteer work.

And if you meant to post in the volunteer topic, I can answer your question with a "DUH" answer.

WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S CALLED VOLUNTEERING?

What's it take to get in? I'd be interested to go look around the venue myself. Do you have to have an invite already or something?

Hot_Carl said:
What's it take to get in? I'd be interested to go look around the venue myself. Do you have to have an invite already or something?

What's it take? You just need to know where the convention center is :lol:
Keep in mind this is only setup, and therefore nobody from PUI/POP is there working or anything. The people setting up seem to either
A. Work for the hotel
B. Be hired from a construction(or something) company
C. Some of both
...So nobody is going to say "You can't come in."

Ill be there Thursday to check it, but for now im in LA doing random stuff my parents want to do >< dont have to much fun without me lol.

Last edited:
Dark Weedle said:
Ill be there Thursday to check it, but for now im in LA doing random stuff my parents want to do >< dont have to much fun without me lol.

Trust me, watching setup isnt exactly fun. Only fun thing we may do before thursday is that Unseen Forces draft IceCold advertised.

Cool. I'll be there tomorrow some time around 3, just to look around for a bit, get an idea of where everything will be, take some pictures. Anyone in town come down and say hi if you want, and if there's a table or somewhere suitable, maybe play a quick game. :D

Hot_Carl said:
Cool. I'll be there tomorrow some time around 3, just to look around for a bit, get an idea of where everything will be, take some pictures. Anyone in town come down and say hi if you want, and if there's a table or somewhere suitable, maybe play a quick game. :D

I assume thats 3:00 california time...if I'm not at sea world, I'll come by.
Just don't get your hopes up, at this rate there may not be anything flashy set up until thursday.

PokePop said:
Remember there are three age groups.
Different sections for each division.

If that was directed to the two stages thing, no, the two stages are for Main Event and Side Events, as confirmed by POP's Pete Deshaw(I believe that was his name).

Anyways, Surprise Update
---
Time: 6:00 PM California Time

New Features: A second timer screen, a second black curtain thing like what was used for the artwork, as well as framework for a third artwork curtain or something of the like.

Next Update: Probably tomorrow morning, it seems as though the workers are off for the day or are at least taking a break, as they are not in there working right now.

BONUS: As you may have guessed, I spoke with POP's Pete Deshaw(I believe that was his name) as he was there surveying the room we'll be playing in. He told me that due to the unpopularity of side events last year(the beanbag room and the Prereleases were the only popular ones), there will be less of that going on this year. Also, he confirmed to me that the Staff Lounge and the Beanbag room will be ABOVE the main room. A bit inconvenient, but it's how it works.
Also, unrelated to worlds, but still important for people like me, There will be no more Prerelease Winner Pins. I am not sure if the generic winner and generic prerelease pins will be staying, but the Prerelease Winner pins are now gone. He did, however, say that there was going to be an interesting twist coming this fall, but that's all he said. There's something to speculate over ;) .

Back