Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

For Those Who Know About the Zekrom/Reshiram/Pikachu errors

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
For those who don't, you can read this thread to catch up.

There appears to be the same type of error with at least the Tornadus full art card as I've pulled two. Both have the distinctly different texture and gloss patterns like the three from Black and White. I would assume the Thundurus probably has it as well, but not definite as I've only gotten one of those.

Last edited:
For those who don't, you can read this thread to catch up.

There appears to be the same type of error with at least the Tornadus full art card as I've pulled two. Both have the distinctly different texture and gloss patterns like the three from Black and White. I would assume the Thunderus probably has it as well, but not definite as I've only gotten one of those.

That's pretty interesting. And if they did have the same error two sets in a row then I'm guessing someone's going to be it trouble. :rolleyes: Can you tell us which places you got both of them? Like was it at the Worlds pre-release, a regular pre-release, from a regular booster box, from a blister pack (like at Target) or from a SE pack like the Darumaka one?

Sigh.

I'm guessing at some point TPCi will try to get their printers to fix the problem? (Before anyone says anything, yes I know these things take time)

It's completely possible that both sets were being printed before the error was caught so do keep that in mind. I got one Tornadus at a regular prerelease and one from a blister pack.

And Skitty, what do you mean by an "SE pack"?

Last edited:
im thinking the SE pack is the special edition pack or a album pack that recently came out.if the tornadus and thunderus both do have the different texture feeling then its time i get hunting on those just like the reshiram and zekrom

How would someone like myself who just pulled a Thundurus today know which type he has?

Does it look like a clear glossy micro webbing across the Character (not the background) on the card or like pin head sized dots of a very fine textured beach sand?

I don't know PT. I don't have your card in front of me...

Is the glossy part on yours slightly raised or is it perfectly flush with the rest of the card? Hold it at an angle and it will help you see.

Then it's what I was describing as micro webbing. It feels smooth to the touch. Particularly when compared with the other version.

Don't know which is rarer, but if I were to bet it would be the rougher textured one which doesn't feel remotely smooth.

Got myself a Thundurus FA and a Tornadus FA.
The Thundurus has that "clear glossy micro webbing across the Character" waynegg described, the surface on the char is also "rough" it's not smooth at all.
Tornadus; It's same as with my Thundurus, same glossy micro webbing on the char, surface on char is rough.

The micro webbing is raised.

So, which do i have the "error" version, or the "regular" ones?

I have a thunderous FA which feels bumpy and is defaintly a different texture to my other FA's. I am lookingto trade it to i think.

Back