Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

format? really true

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskgar

i have a question

down at my league they said in setember onley sets diamond and pearl to secreat wonders will not be leagal so is this true???

No one knows. It could be anything from LA-on to kept with DP-on.

Personally I think it'll be DP-SW rotated out, but I don't know for sure.

The only people who REALLY know aren't telling. Loads of people guess, but that's all it is . . . a guess.

Anyone who acts like they know for certain that GE will be rotated out, should be made to burn all their Claydols and Unown G in September :wink:

Only rumours and speculation: no one knows until it is announced.

From memory the fewest sets to be rotated in the past was three and the most five. Hence the expectation is DP+MT+SW will depart.

The big question mark is on GE. Will it stay or will it go?

year if GE goes no claydol or cress so what will be the next top drawing card other than uxie?

PORYGON2! ...Oh wait, that rotates too... Supporters, prolly? Lunasol? ...Oh wait, that rotates too...
I personally hope GE rotates, since it will make the game so much more interesting.

I don't know anything either, and I'm also just speculating. But one problem I can see is that our SW is a combination of Japan's DP3 and DP4, and our GE is a combination of Japan's DP4 and DP3, and our MD is just the rest of Japan's DP4 + Entry Pack 08. How can we maintain a worldwide format like we have now, if GE stays, but SW doesn't? And if our format would be MD On, what would Japan's be, when they never had MD?

^^Hence the theory behind there being no rotation. They'd either have to rotate DP-MD, or nothing at all. The no rotation theorists just hope that it is the latter.

When was the last time POP/PUI decided not to rotate out any sets? Just asking out of curiosity...

They have yet to do that. However, I expect that we will hear something in the next two to three weeks. They have ALWAYS announce the new format before US Nationals, so I expect a announcement soon.

Drew

Yes indeed. They usually give the next format during the first week (or so) of June. My three most likely guesses for the 2009-2010 format (not in any particular order):
1) The next format will be GE-on.
Potential reasons:
*The BK promotion will be giving out Palkia and Dialga cards from that set, and although they are also Blackstars, who knows what promos will be rotated?
*If Unown G is not in the format, Machamp will be a major problem given that the next few sets are probably going to be SP sets, unless there's going to be some card that reduces the impact of Take Out.
*Felicity's Drawing was printed in the Drill Point deck, which has not been reprinted since GE, unless it's coming in POP 10, a promo, or the next set.

2) The next format will be DP-on (no rotation).
Potential reasons:
*The reasons above, plus...
*Some of the Pokemon-Lv. X (i.e. Porygon-Z, Rhyperior) would not have legal uses. Granted, that was not something that kept Rocket's Persian EX during the last year of the EX series in Modified, but this is different since these cards are actually "in" the set.

3) The next format will be MD-on.
Potential reasons:
*They may want to rotate 4 and then 3, since my guess is that the 2010-2011 season will be PL-on. But, there's no reason they couldn't do 3-then-4.

Actually Noah, there is a Rhyperior in our next set, so Rhyperior X would definitely be useable. The bigger problem lies with Porygon-Z LVX and Froslass LA.

I think we can rest assured that we will get a rotation. I don't think Japan will rotate anything out. They like to stay in blocks for a while, remember how long they stayed in FRLG-on, when we were RS-on, HL-on, and DX-on. They finally rotated it all out to DP-on when Diamond and Pearl came out and more DP sets were out. When Japan rotates next, they will be rotating to Platinum-on, since that is the next obvious block. That means that we will probably rotate to Platinum-on in the future.

I feel this year, we will rotate 3-5 DP sets out, and next year, rotate all sets before Platinum out, and will have PL-on and the same format as Japan for a second time.

Yes indeed. They usually give the next format during the first week (or so) of June. My three most likely guesses for the 2009-2010 format (not in any particular order):
1) The next format will be GE-on.
Potential reasons:
*The BK promotion will be giving out Palkia and Dialga cards from that set, and although they are also Blackstars, who knows what promos will be rotated?

The BK cards are coming out in June. BK doesn't care if the cards they released in June will be illegal to play in tournaments in September because most people who collect Pokemon don't play competitively in tournaments.

*If Unown G is not in the format, Machamp will be a major problem given that the next few sets are probably going to be SP sets, unless there's going to be some card that reduces the impact of Take Out.

We have never had a rotation because certain cards would be more powerful than others.

*Felicity's Drawing was printed in the Drill Point deck, which has not been reprinted since GE, unless it's coming in POP 10, a promo, or the next set.

Higher chance of it being reprinted in POP10.

2) The next format will be DP-on (no rotation).
Potential reasons:
*The reasons above, plus...
*Some of the Pokemon-Lv. X (i.e. Porygon-Z, Rhyperior) would not have legal uses. Granted, that was not something that kept Rocket's Persian EX during the last year of the EX series in Modified, but this is different since these cards are actually "in" the set.

There will be a new Rhyperior released in the next set that comes out around Worlds. Also, the Porygon Z promo will be legal next season, allowing for people to use the Porygon Z lv.X.

3) The next format will be MD-on.
Potential reasons:
*They may want to rotate 4 and then 3, since my guess is that the 2010-2011 season will be PL-on. But, there's no reason they couldn't do 3-then-4.

TPCi prints 4 sets a year, and it makes sense for them to rotate out 4 sets a year.

Last edited:
If I had to make an educated guess, I would go with the format being GE-on. We all believe that the 2010-11 format is going to be PT-On, so they have to get rid of 7 sets in the next two years. Whether it be 3/4 or 4/3 isn't a bit deal, but I think that GE should be kept as it makes more decks a viable option.

Drew

There will be a new Rhyperior released in the next set that comes out around Worlds. Also, the Porygon Z promo will be legal next season, allowing for people to use the Porygon Z lv.X.

...but the Porygon Z Promo would be useless without a Porygon 2 and Porygon to play it with...

We have never had a rotation because certain cards would be more powerful than others.
Maybe so, but I think the impact of losing Unown G would go beyond making "certain cards more powerful than others." It would be a huge problem. Losing Claydol wouldn't be that bad. There are other ways to draw. But there isn't any alternative to Unown G's function.

I expect the issue will be addressed in one way or another, however.

Anyone who acts like they know for certain that GE will be rotated out, should be made to burn all their Claydols and Unown G in September :wink:
Burn them? Are you crazy?

They should send 'em to me instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back