Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Full Metal Aggron (Modified)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikePK

Just tested this thing twice. Once vs. ausen's Gardevoir and once vs. a Blaziken/Eggs.

First game was a good one, i started with Sentret, beat down his Wynaut with a furret on t3. Followed up by getting out Aggron ex and 0wning with some Boost down and such. Won like 5-0. Against the blaziken... t2 win as I drop a boost on a Training Method'd Wailmer and ko his lone combusken =|

2nd game didn't prove much, but the one thing that's lacking in this is Switch. I need AT LEAST 2, maybe you guys can help me on the rooom. The deck ran perfectly both games though, I love this thing already. Here it is:

FULL METAL AGGRON

||| POKEMON ||| - || 18 ||

3x Aron (Gnaw)
3x Lairon (SS)
2x Aggron ex (You'll never build more than 2... if you even build more than 1)
3x Sentret AQ
2x Furret AQ
3x Wailmer RS
2x Wailord RS

||| TRAINERS ||| - || 26 ||

4x Professor Birch
4x Research
4x Training Method
2x Desert Shaman
3x Net Search
4x Oran berry
3x Potion
2x Power Charge

||| ENERGY ||| - || 17 ||

4x Metal Energy
3x Boost
2x Rainbow
7x Water

----

There it is. Just get furret up and go to work. Depending on what they have you get Wailord up on boosts to take care of fire, and even Aggron ex can tackle fire pretty well when he's got 4 metals on it. Boost energy is just pwnage as it works with EVERY evolution I have. Starting with Sentret seems to be nice as I can get a furret t2 and start attacking with it... not something you see everyday from Furret, eh? If you can, you can start pumping up a wailord for 70 damage antics after you've had the aggron take a beating. I think this is a pretty wicked deck. Like I said, I think I just need to find some room for switch... maybe I'll add one warp energy in place of a water or something.

Thanks in advance...

:lol: If you played Rare Candy/Wally's Training You could build WAY more than 2 Aggaron's. :lol: Also, try including Aggaron ex.

The reason I won't build more than 1 a game, Swampert, is because of the heavy energy cost he requires. You don't want to load one up with rainbows or anything, though getting one up to Rend isn't bad. Its just not a swarmable pokemon really. Wailord is good enough backup in most cases though.

Thanks for the replies, keep 'em comin.

EDIT: Also, I have 4 Professor Elm's Training method... a much superior version of Wally's Training...

Last edited:
A friend of mine runs an Aggaron deck with SS Epeon & SS Umbreon(I don't know why Umbreon, but o well). He was a formidible opponent. He almost Annihilated me with Aggaron ex. FOr some odd reason, he forfitted! He would have one too! He runs a 4/4/4 Aggaron/ex line WITH Wally's Training. By the way NikePK, Wally is MUCH "superior" to Elm's Method because you get to search AND evolve your basic in to a Stage 1/Stage 2 evolution.

SwampertEx-
I am pretty sure Wallys Training doesn't let you evolve into a Stage 2...if i am correct on my rulings. And also Wallys Training has to be an ACTIVE pokemon which really sux. So IMO Elm's Training Method is better. And he probably will not have more then one Aggron Ex out because if he loses his one Aggron Ex with all the metals and such on it without having Wailords to back up he will most likley lose the game.

Good Deck Pat.

This is a killer!

Well, I tested it 2 more times, beat a Gardevoir and lost 1-0 to Pojosama Wanabee's Blaziken/Eggs due to a 5/6 Heads Eggsplosion on my Aggy ex. >_< lol. Anyway, this thing's a real beast, but I just CAN NOT find a way to fit switch in. The deck runs beautifully with the training methods, as I get the evos I need at just the right times. The deck's flowing awesome and its VERY hard to beat, i think. I want to test this vs. Sceptile, I'm sure if it ran Moltres it could so some alright damage, seeing as I how I can't use a switch to cover just one pokemon. Of course, it dies shortly after and I've got a decent amount of healing to take away the 80 or slightly more it does to me. 1 Potion and its out of range to kill me next turn. Resistance to grass + the metals makes it invulnerable to sceptile itself.... cept the poison one.

Anyway... any more comments on this? It really deserves some more extensive testing, and I'm trying my best to break this thing open, but I need at least 2 switch. Warp wouldn't be bad except for I need the waters believe it or not lol.

And yeah Swampert... elm's training method is way better than Wally's Training lol. You can't evolve it... so what, its not likely that I'll need the aggron down a turn earlier, ESPECIALLY if i'm only building 1 at a time. After that, I usually go for wailord, unless i don't full metal the first Aggron...

So, comments, fixes... whatever... throw em on here.

-nikePK

Ponyta, I have 2 Power Charge in there, but thanks for the suggestion.

Venusaur. Well, its not really a sacrifice, I sometimes attack with Sentret/Furret while I get setup, or whatever the heck I have out is doing its attack. With Dunsparce, I would have to play an energy to get my basics out, which is worse than Lanette's imo. Once I Lanette once, I've got everything I need basically. The reason I play so many is just so I can get it fast to adjust to my opponent if they're playing fire. My starts are usually pretty darn good, so it doesn't concern me much. Sacking a Sentret isn't bad, I just get another one off Lanette's.

Spectreon - I might try that. The reason I want switch over Warp is just so I can switch and play a boost the same turn, taking out a Blaziken (or other fire for that matter) that might want to hit me. I might work ONE in though, because I've wanted to switch even if I couldn't attach energy, whether it be to heal or just to avoid a 2 prize taking for my opponent.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming. Anyone see any problem areas they can think of? I think its a pretty good list for what I'm going for.

nikePK said:
Spectreon - I might try that. The reason I want switch over Warp is just so I can switch and play a boost the same turn, taking out a Blaziken (or other fire for that matter) that might want to hit me. I might work ONE in though, because I've wanted to switch even if I couldn't attach energy, whether it be to heal or just to avoid a 2 prize taking for my opponent.

I should know that =/ ... That happened to me TOO many times ;/

Nike,

Been puzzling over this one for awhile. The switch is needed; you're correct there. The question, as you've noted, becomes, "What do I yank outta there to add switch?"

Do we take out energy? Heck no...I think you're running the bare minimum of each you'd need anyway.

Power charge? Nope. I hate this flippy, situational card, but here, it's necessary.

Pokes? Nope. Aggron is the beast, furret feeds the beast, and wailord has the beast's back.

Card drawing? Here, now, is where we might be able to shave a bit off the top. You've got great card-specific draw in training method, net search, and furret. With all of that specific drawing, do you truly need as much supporter-based general draw? I'd actually drop two research, leaving you with 4 birch, 2 research, and 2 shaman. Birch seems better because of furret: you trade in two, drop the energy down, and your hand size is suddenly three cards smaller (2 traded in, one of which "becomes" energy, which you play + discard of birch), which works great with birch.

Try it. Iffn' it's too slow, check for something else....you do have 17 supporters in there, though...dropping two might actually speed it up a bit...

Wow... wow. I'll DEFINITELY consider this, Dendro, thanks a lot man. I'm thinking instead of dropping 2 research though, to drop 1 Training and 1 Research... that might be a bit better.

I'll test this out and let you all know the results. Thanks again, keep em coming!

id also drop one oran berry for one cyclone energy, with the new rotation its like the only board control left and timed right can be DEVISATING especialy with the fact that you can search for it when you need it (furrett) and that most of the time what ever they send up will be damaged (aggron ex bench damage)

you might want to think about hyper potion also

GodTrainer said:
id also drop one oran berry for one cyclone energy, with the new rotation its like the only board control left and timed right can be DEVISATING especialy with the fact that you can search for it when you need it (furrett) and that most of the time what ever they send up will be damaged (aggron ex bench damage)

you might want to think about hyper potion also

cyclone i like

Hyper Potion, 1/2 Energy ISNT worth it =/
Ill rather run Moo-Moo :p

Alright, I tested it with dropping 1 Training Method and 1 Research and adding in 2 switch.

It sucked.

I got stuck without draw both games. Also, in intense battles during mid game, I find that draw power is just SO darn important, it supercedes the need for switch.

Soooooo... I think I'll just keep it at the list that's already posted. It runs beautifully.

About the Hyper Potion thing: I can't, I don't run enough energy for it, PLUS you have to discard basic energy cards to use it. Thats a BIG no-no for this deck. Oran and Potion work well enough.

Cyclone.... I dunno, I just don't see how its THAT useful. Maybe to take a last prize? I guess, but I'd rather not draw it into my hand when I NEED an energy and don't have furret out or something. Its a possibility though, I might try it out.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming.

Just a thought, what about one regular Aggron from R/S? He's not that good, but he's not that bad either. Only thing I'd do is drop an oran berry for one Aggron... maybe.

John - I dunno, i mean, if you had the option to power up either an Aggron or an Aggron ex, which would YOU choose? Since I'm only powering up 1 most every game, then its kinda useless to try for the other one. Thanks for the reply though.

Keep em comin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back