Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

future decks

superman123

since the new d battle roads are right around the corner what decks will be played the most. And which will win the most

thank you for your comments

Believe a thread like this already came up, but here's my list of what we'll see getting played.

Empoleon
GG/PLOX
RockBand
Skittles
Infernape(meh..)
Eeveelutions(variants as well)
Blissey variants
Fossils
Arithmetic/Banette variants
Sceptile/Grass(Since Mag died down I expect to see several grass decks around).
Garchomp
Porygon(it's bad, but ppl WILL play it, for what reason? only god knows).

As for what will win? I honestly have no clue. Though if I could imagine, it would go like this:

GG
RockBand
Skittles
Eeveelutions
Fossil Crap
Garchomp

Believe a thread like this already came up, but here's my list of what we'll see getting played.

Empoleon
GG/PLOX
RockBand
Skittles
Infernape(meh..)
Blissey variants
Fossils
Sceptile/Grass(Since Mag died down I expect to see several grass decks around).
Garchomp
Porygon(it's bad, but ppl WILL play it, for what reason? only god knows).

As for what will win? I honestly have no clue. Though if I could imagine, it would go like this:

GG
RockBand
Skittles
Eeveelutions
Fossil Crap
Garchomp

what is rockband and fossil crap

LOL THAT IS THE WORST PREDICATION.

No one play rock band what kinda deck is that......
THIS WILL BE PLAY BY THE MASTER

Empoleon
GG/PLOX
Skittles
Blissey variants

What will win
GG
Skittles
Eeveelutions

lol whoa so no one will win with the cute deck?? hm...i've been beatning everyone, no one takes a prize frm me hmmmm weirdbut i think if u make the eevee deck a certain way u will win hehehehehe

LOL THAT IS THE WORST PREDICATION.

No one play rock band what kinda deck is that......
THIS WILL BE PLAY BY THE MASTER

Empoleon
GG/PLOX
Skittles
Blissey variants

What will win
GG
Skittles
Eeveelutions

ROFL. Ok then, let's pretend it's not good. Shall we go ahead and put the latest theme decks on that list? :rolleyes: RockBand is one of the fastest decks I have ever played against. Not only do they hit you EASILY for 90-120 early and hard, killing one means they only lose 1 energy and can simply NM/TSD it back asap. They can also pretty much tech in any kind of stadium as well as Cessation.

Seriously. And you just copy pasted my list and cut out the rest, LOL. Weakkkkkkk.

Also to the dude/chick above me: If you're not going to at least dignify us with a legitimate response, then don't even post, seriously.

New decks:
* Empoleon & friends
* Infernape variants
* Torterra + Sceptile
* Eevolution based decks
* Kabutops & friends

Decks that have a strong shot at winning
* G&G - still the best until it can consistantly get taken down
* Beedrill - for reasons stated above though I have concerns about the Empoleon matchup
* Empoleon - it's amazing
* Skittles - Super fast but has a bad empoleon matchup

Longshot decks (good but usually have some sort of issue with the other good decks):
* Infernape
* Scepile & Friends
* Eevolutions
* Magmortar
* Garchomp
* Arithmetic

I'm also expecting some metal decks (Sizor, Magnezon, & maybe Aggron or Bastidon) to start showing up if fire dies down like I think it will.

It's funny how everyone thinks fire will go down just because of Empoleon.
It was around all the time, as well as Hurricane.

Glaceon isn't a big treat for fire decks except for Skittles (it locks down Ho-oh's power while OHKOing it). Mag and Ape can OHKO it easily using Scramble Energy, and it's usually no second Glaceon Lv.X waiting on the bench.

Magmortar beats any Sceptile decks, most Leafeon decks (Leafeon can still win if it runs Umbreon and the player is skilled), can do good against Garchomp with the right tech, has a decent matchup versus G&G, screws up Banette, has less problems with Omastar than some other decks and hits Beedril by weakness.

It will not be one of two great decks, but it will overall be as good as Empoleon, Garchomp and other decks and imho much better than things like Skittles.

Water decks were EVERYWHERE at Regionals. Half the decks I played in swiss had water based attackers and looking around I saw many more water decks. I think that many of the folks I saw playing Mags were considering new deck choices after that alone. The new Empoleon is AMAZING ... it's much more of a problem than the old one was for decks like Mags ... and when you add Glaceon it just makes it even worse for the fire players. I fully expect to see a few people trying the new Ape and trying to refine Mags, but I think that it's going to be hard for them to do well. I don't think that fire is going to vanish overnight or even alltogether, but as BRs go on I think that we will see less and less of it.

Maybe water decks were everywhere at Regionals, but will they be in future? They were there to counter Magmortar as one of two big decks. Now there are lots of decks with same strength as Mag, no more reason to play water in order to counter Magmortar.

You should remember that water also has huge problems with Leafeon decks - they should be more popular than Mag at Nationals / US Battle Roads because they are new. It's kind of rock-paper-scissor principle with Magmortar/Ape - Empoleon - Leafeon. There is still Gardevoir which has an average matchup against all of them (but to be honest, not more than 50-50 imho), as well as some other decks like Garchomp and T2 Banette.

btw, Arithmetic shouldn't be played in that form because it was built to beat the HP-GE metagame which is a lot different from HP-MD. Garchomp for example beats Arithmetic in every way (maybe the reason why Arithmetic was only that popular in the US but not in Europe). Jimmy Ballard of course can create a new deck in Arithmetic style, but the current one won't be prepared for competition any more imho.

gg has so many outs. Against bannette and the like, gg hopes to go first and turn 2 you or keen eye candy gallade scramble ralts or dre etc. Unfortunatley it is almost as easy as it sounds. Latilock may be a more viable option in gg so bye bye gyarados.:*(

No way.

GG is top, if people play it. People usually tryout new decks at BRs. Eeveelutions next(Glaceon, Leafeon or both), as they pwn anything else and people will be eager to try it. Empoleon, Beedrill, Banette and Skittles have decent chances, however I think you are overrating Beedrill and Skittles. They've been around for States/Regs, why didn't they do so good? Glace kills Skittles and 'drill isn't played all that much.

Beedrill is really neat ... but it's not a problem free deck. The new Empoleon gives it a lot of trouble not to mention what Omastar + Wager does to it.

Back