Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar Lv.X Question and News??

FlareonMaster

Does anyone have a clue as to what Gengar lv.X from the Advent of Arceus does yet? They haven't said anything more about it on Pokebeach. I know a picture was discovered at one point on a different thread I think called "Gengar Lv.X Please Don't" but then vanished without knowing what it does or anything. I just wasn't sure if there was any more news regarding it.

Gengar LV.X - Psychic - HP130
Level-Up

Poke-Body: Phase
When Gengar is damaged from an opponent's attack, that attack is reduced by 30 damage (after applying weakness and resistance).

[P][C][C] Dark Magic: 40 damage. This attack does an additional 10 damage for every Trainer, Supporter, and Stadium card in your opponent's discard pile.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat Cost: 0

Gengar LV.X - Psychic - HP130
Level-Up

Poke-Body: Phase
When Gengar is damaged from an opponent's attack, that attack is reduced by 30 damage (after applying weakness and resistance).

[P][C][C] Dark Magic: 40 damage. This attack does an additional 10 damage for every Trainer, Supporter, and Stadium card in your opponent's discard pile.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat Cost: 0

You're kidding. YOU ARE kidding.

Indeed, he is kidding. :\
Gengar has a power, not a body.
And its attack cost is PPC.

Try again next time.

I really hope it's bad, or at least non-format breaking. Gengar's already Top-tier, and we don't want another GG. It would make building Rogue decks easier though...

From what I know already when I saw the picture it looked like 140 Hp, a weakness to dark+30, a resistance to Psychich and Colorless by 20, a power and an attack with 2 P and 1 C. I can't wait for them to release what it does!! What do you mean a double Drawer and extra 20 damage?

From what I know already when I saw the picture it looked like 140 Hp, a weakness to dark+30, a resistance to Psychich and Colorless by 20, a power and an attack with 2 P and 1 C. I can't wait for them to release what it does!! What do you mean a double Drawer and extra 20 damage?

Now THAT sounds very good! I hope its worth taking out a Fainting Spell Gengar for it!!

Last edited:
I am not 100 percet sure because it was a small pic and I had to go by mainly colors but that is what it looked like to me. I went back to the thread that I saw the pic on and tried to see if it was up but saw no sign of it. Meaning they might have taken it down because no one knew of it yet and might not have been allowed to put it up? It had awesome artwork though!! I suppose no one knows what it really does yet then. Oh well I guess we will have to wait for Pokebeach to update with something new then. I suppose Pokebeach is real busy for hardly posting lately.

Last edited:
omg I hope this isn't true.
140 HP and no x2 weakness is sick enough by itself, it doesn't even need a power and attack to be a good play. All it needs to be really broken is a decent attack that does consistant damage, like 70-80 for 3. But I'm afraid it will be a lot worse. =(

I really hope it's bad, or at least non-format breaking. Gengar's already Top-tier, and we don't want another GG. It would make building Rogue decks easier though...
If Gengar will take a place like GG, I think I'll quit, even if I'm really looking forward to the next season right now. GG at least was a skill deck, not triggered on speed and didn't involve game-deciding coinflips.

I already said I am not 100 percent but for the short time the pic was up that is what it appeared to be. I do know though it wasn't a X2 anything because I saw no X unless it was really small. It appeared to be either 140 or possibly 130 but looked like 140 to me. I hope it will be broken but then if it is how will anyone beat the darn thing even if you play it? Someone said on another thread that it would be awesome if his power was something like Super Fainting Speel. (LOL)

But if you can make a deck that consistently beats it, instant undefeated status.

If Gengar LV.X becomes the next GG, we should put a bounty on it, and say that the first consistent Gengar beater deck's creator is instantly revered as a god among men.

But if you can make a deck that consistently beats it, instant undefeated status.

If Gengar LV.X becomes the next GG, we should put a bounty on it, and say that the first consistent Gengar beater deck's creator is instantly revered as a god among men.

LOL, that would be funny

this is what we know about Gengar lvX so far.

Gengar lvX HP 140

Poke Power

:psychic::psychic::colorless
a couple lines of effects

weakness Dark + 30 Resistance -20 colorless (possibly -20 psychic) Retreat cost : 1

now, i would expect that at least either the power or the attack is gonna be really good. we know the attack doesn't deal straight damage, so it could do something devestating. it has 140 hp and only +30 weakness. i guess we have to wait a little longer. *sigh*

Back