3 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy
3 Oak's Visit
2 Premiere Ball
2 Night Maintenance

4 Metal Special
6 Basic Metal
4 Lightning

Strategy is simple, do the dance to the heavy metal. Rock out with a magnezone, or magnezone X tanking with metals and metal blasting. Use Electivire for Cyber Shock Spam, or to Power Luxray who is simply a tech. Great for AMU or Magleaf, where magnezone can't tank because of fire and God Blast. Azelf is to get techs or to get Prized LVl X. I COULD play lake boundry but coun't found room and I was able to use Electivire X as a counter stadium. Warp Point is my primal disruption, great with free retreat. Pachi is because I wasn't comfortable with NOT having a good starter and call seemed less than optimal since I can't trans it. Any SUPER speedy deck is troubl unless i can stablize, in which case I should be able to control a lot of things. Everyone is heard of magnezone as far as I know I just wanted to see what the reception of the pachi/azelf/ray was in the deck.

thanks for your feedback
ror

10/10 for the title. Here are a few fixes:
- The Pachi
- Azelf
+ 4 Call
+ 1 Chatot

Hope this helps. When set up, this deck is a beast.

why would you run pachirisu with electivire? electivire level x WANTS your opponent to have tools in play.
with azelf you really only need to run 1-1 claydol too.
25 pokemon absolutely screams for including pokeradar.

why would you run pachirisu with electivire? electivire level x WANTS your opponent to have tools in play.
with azelf you really only need to run 1-1 claydol too.
25 pokemon absolutely screams for including pokeradar.

rofl im sorry but if u are using Pachi's second attack, stop playing the game right now.

2-2 claydol line = consistency azelf is for the luxray and lv X.

I do not feel that pokeradar is necessary for this list

rofl im sorry but if u are using Pachi's second attack, stop playing the game right now.

2-2 claydol line = consistency azelf is for the luxray and lv X.

I do not feel that pokeradar is necessary for this list

it doesnt matter what the intent of running pachirisu is. what i am saying is the moment your opponent sees pachirisu they are NOT going to put any of their tools in play which may very well deny a game changing attack from electivire mid to late game. decks running electivire very much want their opponents to have to play tools and stadiums, it is counterproductive to run a second pokemon which discourages them from doing that. it makes about as much sense as running alakazam with aerodactyl.

anyhow, call energy or jirachi would be far better for set up.

Last edited:
rofl but no idiot is going to fear playing down a stadium because of pachi LOL dude just stop trying and move on. you clearly do not understand pachi, maybe when ur opponent plays one you do that but thats weird and stupid so keep it to yourself please.

have you been having consistent starts with pachi?

pachirisu is a very good card, just not with electivire. and there are plenty of other options to get consistent starts if you know how to build a deck.

lol Im sorry dude but this thread is obviously above your skill level. maybe you can go help some AMU deck work but the grown ups are talking here.

have you thought about -1-1 luxray for a 1-0-1 Metagross?

it doesnt matter what the intent of running pachirisu is. what i am saying is the moment your opponent sees pachirisu they are NOT going to put any of their tools in play which may very well deny a game changing attack from electivire mid to late game. decks running electivire very much want their opponents to have to play tools and stadiums, it is counterproductive to run a second pokemon which discourages them from doing that. it makes about as much sense as running alakazam with aerodactyl.

anyhow, call energy or jirachi would be far better for set up.

what tools are there in this format anyway, Bubble Coat, Unown's (Q, E, G) I think that's it and nobody really runs those. Pachey is here for CFF that's it.

My question, have you thought about evoluter?

revd - here is the thing, Vire ISNT the deck. If they have a clutch stadium (aka dawn to stop cyber shock or moonlight to run etc etc) then vire comes up and eats the stadium. I don't care about tools, not enough for me to worry about honestly, but ya vire can eat those too. If they don't play the tool, then YAY they didnt play it, but Vire isnt the key to the deck, he is a tech for stadiums. Pachiis just for getting set up, again id rather vire take the tool then pachi and if there is no tool there is no sweat. there are no GAMEbreaking tools, so w/e but thanks for the feedback

ROr

Pachi over call cause i cant trans call, ray as a tech cause i dont have room nor care to put room for more

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

um ... find room for evoluter? ugh no, plus IF it gets dioscarded after use it is a dead draw i think, will see, testing answers these Qs

luxray wins me games i would normally lose. metagross just wins games i was already winning faster, nuff said i think

Last edited:
Rev, what kind of Tool would an opponent attach to his or her Pokemon? Leftovers? Amulet Coin? Bubble Coat? And Unown G can't be removed, so don't bring that into this. The only Tool anyone would ever bother with is Unown Q, which not every deck runs.

Magnezone is the star here, remember- not Electivire. You DON'T want an opponent playing Dawn Stadium or Snowpoint Stadium- the only reason Vire is here is to make sure they regret it if they do. If he never gets to Pulse Charge because an opponent fears dropping a Stadium, all the better- that saves you the trouble of dealing with it, and you can kill with Zone all you want.

EDIT: Holy carp I am slow.

I'm fairly certain Unown G is completely undiscardable, or something (I remember hearing it somewhere). It blocks all effects of attacks, and the discarding effect of Pulse Barrier is an effect of an attack...

with 13 basic pokemon in a deck, 4 of which are pachirisu, 47% of the time you will start the game with a pachirisu and 53% of the time you will not (disregarding the mulligans). i don't regard something which has less than a 50/50 chance of working as 'consistent'.
if you do not start with pachirisu or get it in play after the first turn or two it pretty much represents a useless card in your deck/hand for the rest of the game. this trainer engine has no inherent discard power which means for hereon out you are going to be putting extra pachirisus on the bottom of your deck with cosmic power and eventually re-acquiring them instead of a card you might actually need. same goes for that extra baltoy and claydol which are not needed. nothing like 6 dead cards in a deck to make it run consistently. (yes this is sarcasm).
magnezone/electivire decks tend to eat up a lot of bench space. ideally once you get going you'll have a magnezone, an electivire, a claydol, probably azelf, and hopefully a second backiupmagneton/evolution being readied. that leaves one free bench space which is now eaten up by pachirisu which any savvy opponent will warp point away rather than KO. not only does this leave you with no flexibility and no place to put that shinx/luxray tech you think so much of but it makes you even more vulnerable to the occasional Dusknoir.
And finally my point about electivire and pachirisu which i have already stated.

roger, thinking in magic terms, like in magic if a card can't be targeted, it is effect by effects that effect EVERYTHING because it is a global effect not targeting the thing that cant be targeted ..... wow

but if thats the care, ok

ROr

with 13 basic pokemon in a deck, 4 of which are pachirisu, 47% of the time you will start the game with a pachirisu and 53% of the time you will not (disregarding the mulligans). i don't regard something which has less than a 50/50 chance of working as 'consistent'.
if you do not start with pachirisu or get it in play after the first turn or two it pretty much represents a useless card in your deck/hand for the rest of the game. this trainer engine has no inherent discard power which means for hereon out you are going to be putting extra pachirisus on the bottom of your deck with cosmic power and eventually re-acquiring them instead of a card you might actually need. same goes for that extra baltoy and claydol which are not needed. nothing like 6 dead cards in a deck to make it run consistently. (yes this is sarcasm).
magnezone/electivire decks tend to eat up a lot of bench space. ideally once you get going you'll have a magnezone, an electivire, a claydol, probably azelf, and hopefully a second backiupmagneton/evolution being readied. that leaves one free bench space which is now eaten up by pachirisu which any savvy opponent will warp point away rather than KO. not only does this leave you with no flexibility and no place to put that shinx/luxray tech you think so much of but it makes you even more vulnerable to the occasional Dusknoir.
And finally my point about electivire and pachirisu which i have already stated.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

let me pick this apart.

first thing that stands out, since when did warp point become a gust?

if you don't start with pachi wtf is he doing on your bench

lets all go out and build decks with 1-1-1 lines or else they will be wasted cards in our deck

lets all quit playing the game because rev's awesome math says that the percent of starting with the preferred starter is less than 50%.

if i didn't play things because of luck, I would not play this card game but I do, maybe you should rethink playing this game dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back