2 Cessation Crystal
4 Plus Power
4 Energy Removal 2

Energy: 17
4 Dark (Special)
7 Dark
3 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Scramble Energy

Alright, here's my friend's deck that he has built. Yes, we know that Claydol counters this badly, but that's why we're looking for help, plus, he already has all of the cards. Is there anyway at all this deck could work? or are there any suggestions you have for it?

One thing he's thinking of is teching in a 1-1 Mightyena ex line. Driving Howl works nicely to shuffle out annoying active Pokemon, as well as stuff with Cessation Crystal and if it comes down to it, Hyper Claws isn't a bad attack, since it hits Gardevoir, Gallade, Typhlosion and other random Stage 2s for a 90 damage (Easily 100+ with the Pluspowers and Strength Charms). Is this a good idea? What would you take out for it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys have

Last edited:
Man I just really dont see this working without a way to shut down Claydol. Pidgeot D and Cessation arent good options though.

So Cessation Crystal's a viable option, even though it shuts down Dark Genes. (Which is basically what this deck runs off of)

I can fetch it with Castaway, so even if I only run 1 or 2, it shouldn't be a problem. And come to think of it, nothing else in my deck uses Powers/Bodies, so it could work well with a starting Absol.

And what about the 1-1 Mightyena ex line?

What do you guys think?

The good thing with Cess and Honchcrow is that the Cess only works if it's attatched to your active (I think, correct me if I'm wrong...), in which case, you won't be needing Dark Genes anyways.

This is my friend's deck, so I didn't know where he got it from. Thanks for the info though, I'll tell him to read your article if he hasn't already.

What would you recommend dropping for the Cessation Crystals? And since no one has mentioned it, is Mightyena ex a bad idea?

Playing Cessation Crystal is not a bad idea but play 1 or 2 only & attach only to Absol and/or Honchkrow if you are attacking with them. Otherwise, don't bother doing that...

Mathorn1. wut is the 4 corners?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

i think u should drop the nrg removal 2 for a 2-2 mightyena EX line, but that's just my opinion

Last edited:
This deck started out as a Darkrai Lvl.X deck, but that was just too slow so my friend changed it up to this.

So...
-1 Basic Dark
-1 Team Galactic's Wager
+2 Cessation Crystal

And maybe...
-2 Energy Removal 2
+1 Poochyena
+1 Mightyena ex

How does that look?

No mightyena ex. It gives two prizes and you can't afford to give up too many prizes. Now don't try to counter this statement by saying that it'll never be active because
1) you don't know that for sure
2) Mag can snipe it

a little question about the name of this deck:

why this deck is call "Dark wing duck"??

The deck don't have a "duck", Honchkrow is a Crow, not a duck.

My contribution is:

-1 prof birch
-2 windstorm
-1 energy removal 2
+3 cessation crystal
+1 wager

No mightyena ex. It gives two prizes and you can't afford to give up too many prizes. Now don't try to counter this statement by saying that it'll never be active because
1) you don't know that for sure
2) Mag can snipe it

Like TfP said, it gives your opponent two free prizes. Gardevoir SW can lock its Power & make it useless. Also, Gallade can OHKO it, even with DRE attached...

Alright, I figured it had some problems, I was just wondering what everyone had to say about it.

As of now, I've cut a Basic Dark and 1 Wager to add in 2 Cessation Crystal, do you think 2 is enough? I have 3 Castaway, so that's basically like running 5.

I don't know about cutting the Windstorms though, it's nice to be able to take out other Cessation Crystals and random Stadiums. Birch has always been useful as well. I like having 3 Wagers, but is that necessary? I'm down to 2 after adding in 2 Cessation Crystals, so maybe that's not enough.

Hehehe. People don't play Cessation Crystal that much anymore than they did at Citys. 2 is fine. I'd say just 2 Wagers, not 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back