Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston, Texas Regionals - TWO DAY event

Team Cook

When: April 16 & 17, 2011

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

Saturday (Swiss Rounds + any Top Cut rounds higher than Top 8):

The Pavilion Centre at Sam Houston Race Park
7575 North Sam Houston Race Parkway (Beltway 8 between I-45 & I-59)
Houston, Texas 77064

Sunday (Top 8 rounds for all divisions) :

Space Cadets Collection Collection
27326 Robinson Road #117
Oak Ridge North, Texas 77385

Times for SATURDAY:

8:30 am - *10:15 am - Registration and deck checks
10:30 am - 10:55 am - Roster checks, introduction of judges and announcements, and seating for Round 1
11:00 am - Round 1 begins

* You must be in line for deck checks by 10:00 am to secure a spot in Round 1.

Times for SUNDAY:

9:00 am - 9:45 am - deck checks
10:00 am - Top 8 begins

Players must be present by 9:30 am.

-------------------------------------

Tidbits about the tournament:

A 1 hour lunch break will be after Round 3. We will have a large concession stand at the Pavilion.

This tournament is Modified Constructed which means any cards from Diamond & Pearl Majestic Dawn or newer are allowed. You can find the OFFICIAL Regional Deck List right here,
Deck List will be posted as soon as possible.
As always, reprinted older cards are allowed in play. Feel free to visit pokemon.com for a complete list of reprinted cards.

No fake cards, copies of cards, or proxies are allowed in play.

A deck list is required, the list must match your deck card for card, and the deck list must be in the exact order as your deck or we will not check your deck.

Your deck list is your registration into the tournament. No deck list, no entry, it's that simple.

Please note that you are responsible for what's in your deck.

ALL PLAYERS will have their decks checked prior to Round 1, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Loaner decks will be provided to those that don't have the correct cards or have no cards at all.

Prize Support for the actual tournament. All 3 divisions get the same prize support.

Prize Support:

Prizes: All participants will receive a 2011 Regional promo card (while supplies last). In addition, the top 16 players in age group will receive the following:

1st place:
• 1st Place Medal
• $1500 Scholarship Award
• Travel Award to US Nationals in Indianapolis
• 1st & 2nd Round Bye at the US Nationals
• 36 Boosters

2nd place:
• 2nd Place Medal
• $1000 Scholarship Award
• 1st & 2nd Round Bye at the US Nationals
• 36 Boosters

3rd Place:
• 3rd Place Medal
• 36 Boosters

4th Place:
• 4th Place Medal
• 36 Boosters

5th - 8th place:
• 18 Boosters

9th - 16th place:
• 9 Boosters

And don't forget about all the door prize drawings and contest winnings.

Directions for the Race Park on SATURDAY:

1. Coming from the north on 290 - Come on down 290, when you get to Beltway 8, head EAST, going LEFT. There will be a flyover so make sure you're heading EAST on Beltway 8. Once on Beltway 8, you'll exit Gesner. Go through the light PASSING Gesner. You will come up to Sam Houston Race Park and you will turn into GATE 2. It's the ONLY gated entrance off the Beltway feeder road. VERY SIMPLE.

2. Coming from Houston on 290 - Come up 290, when you get to Beltway 8, head east, going RIGHT. Once on Beltway 8, you'll exit Gesner. Pass through Gesner, coming up to Sam Houston Race Park and you'll turn into GATE 2. It's the only gated entrance off the Beltway feeder road. VERY SIMPLE.

3. Coming from the north on I-45 - Come down I-45, when you get to Beltway 8, head WEST going RIGHT. You will go through 1 toll (1.50). Go through toll, go down a few miles, exit Gesner. You'll make a U-TURN ant Gesner, stay on feeder road, turn into GATE 2. It's the only gated entrance on the feeder road. VERY SIMPLE

4. Coming from Houston on I-45 - Head north on I-45, when you get to Beltway 8, head west, going LEFT. You'll go through 1 toll, go a few miles, exit Gesner, make the U-TURN at Gesner, staying on the feeder road, turn into GATE 2 at the Park. It's the only gated entrance on the feeder road. VERY SIMPLE.

5. I-10 East or West - Two ways to get there. Coming into Houston, you can take the Beltway all the way around, exiting Gesner, see above directions OR come into Houston, take I-45 North towards Dallas, see #4 for the rest.

ATTENTION EVERYONE - Once you pull into Sam Houston Race Park, you will look to your left, park in FRONT OF THE FIRST WALK IN GATES, THE FiRST WALK IN GATES. There will be a park employee at the gate and you will walk through a turnstile. The Pavilion Centre is straight dead ahead inside the gate. Parking is FREE and yes you will be able to come and go as you please.

ATTENTION EVERYONE - GATE 2, GATE 2, GATE 2, that's the GATE you need to go through and it's the ONLY GATE on the feeder road. From whereever you come from, just exit Gesner and you'll get there.

------------------------------------
Directions for Space Cadets on SUNDAY:

TBA
-------------------------------

-------------------------------

Seating for 420 players with room to grow and plenty of room to move around. One huge outside patio with lots of seating indoors and out.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting more information.

PLEASE - Let this thread be about Regionals. If you choose to debate the location or complain about anything, feel free to post your concerns on the other Houston Regionals thread.

I WILL NOT post anything on the other thread regarding this event.

Time to have some FUN.

Regional contest list: This is for PLAYERS ONLY.

1. Custom Pokémon T-Shirt contest - Take a plain colored t-shirt and do what you want. Your art can be on the front, back, or both. The more the better, anything goes, must be Pokémon related ONLY. Juniors & Seniors will be judged together and Masters will be separate.

2. Cosplay - Dress like your favorite Pokémon or character. Head to toe, whatever. All age divisions will be judged together.

3.Mardi Gras Pokémon - Make a mardi gras Pokémon beed necklace. Anything goes as long as it's Pokémon related. I'll have my Pikachu necklace. All age divisions will be judged together.

4. Create-A-Card contest - Simple, create-a-card, we'll judge on FUNNY. We want FUNNY, CRAZY attacks, pokebodies or powers. Anything boring will get thrown away, lol. We want FUNNY. FUNNY ONLY. Juniors & Seniors will be judged together and Masters will be separate. Entries must be turned in at front desk when you arrive.

5. Pokémon drawing contest - Simple, draw something, lol. All entries must be on a regular 8x11 piece of paper or cardboard. Drawings need to be done at home, we won't have coloring supplies at the tournament. All age divisions will be judged separately. Entries must be turned in at front desk when you arrive.

6. Mystery Pokémon - We'll have two giant PokeBalls with a Pokémon figure in them. Guess what Pokémon and win packs, it's that easy. This has been a big hit every year. You never know what Pokémon I'll put in the PokeBalls.

7. Pokémon Spirit - Wear a Pokémon t-shirt, get an extra ticket for the door prizes. SHIRTS ONLY, no exceptions. Yes, Custom Pokémon t-shirts will get an extra ticket.

8. Bring-A-Friend - Bring a friend, you get a booster pack, your friend gets a Pokemon poster. Rules are the friend MUST be a new player, no pop id, never played in a tournament before. We've had this every year and it's been a lot of fun. The new players have had a blast spending the day playing Pokemon.

9. Pokemon Coloring Corner - Not a contest, just a fun filled corner for coloring. We'll have plenty of Pokemon coloring pages and a PokeWall to show off your works.

10. Door Prizes - We'll have door prize drawing throughout the day for all players.

Last edited:
Post #1 has been updated, including side contest information.

All times and prize support is TBA so stay tuned.

Thanks for this info! I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but I'm sure glad to know that Houston Regionals information is out there!

Dang this looks so awesome...

To my first regionals eva!!!

I'm so excited; States are next, then Regs, and then Nats...

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!

How can I complain about the time things start if everything is TBA. And to add insult to injury, the start time is listed as TBA* (* As always this is our goal. We may be off a few minutes). It figures, leave it up to pokemon to be a few minutes late for TBA.

How can I complain about the time things start if everything is TBA. And to add insult to injury, the start time is listed as TBA* (* As always this is our goal. We may be off a few minutes). It figures, leave it up to pokemon to be a few minutes late for TBA.

Do you know how far off this event is? Mike doesn't even have to have this much info up this early. Give it a rest, and be grateful he's giving you as much warning as he is. No one like whiners (which is what you are).

Venue : I liked the school better but closer to my house :)
2 day event: something we have been waiting for for years from a regionals.
best move ever.

Are you ready for some Pokemon trivia? We'll start the trivia on Thursday, March 3rd, between 7:00 pm & 8:00 pm. We might ask one question, two questions, heck maybe even three, who knows. We'll do Pokemon trivia once a week, on different days and we'll give you plenty of notice. Giving the correct answer will earn you a prize. Prizes will be full size posters, smaller posters (like the Prerelease posters), Pokemon sleeves, Pokemon deck boxes, and booster packs. We might add more, who knows. We'll post the prize along with the trivia question so you'll know what you're playing for. Of course we'll have rules and you must abide by them. Breaking the rules gets you attacked by Pika Pika, our youngest cat (off spring of BIG MAMA, may she rest in peace). Pika Pika knows all, sees all, hears all, and dislikes me with a passion. She is the protector of Mrs. Mia's desk. Now for the rules.

Since Pokemon trivia is part of our Regionals contest, you must attend AND play at Regionals to receive your prize you've won. Trivia prizes will be awarded sometime after Round 3 at Regionals meaning you must play at least 3 rounds to receive your prize. Please do not play trivia if you're not planning on being at Regionals. If you do play and win but don't attend Regionals, then the prize or prizes will be given out in some other manner.

You can ONLY win 3 times.

How do you win? We'll ask a question and the FIRST person to post the CORRECT answer will be the winner. If you see someone provided an answer incorrectly, then hop in and post the correct answer. If you notice the answer is not complete, hop in there and provide the complete answer. In other words, don't sit back and not post something just because someone posted ahead of you.

Where will we ask the questions?

One place only and that will be on PokemonBUZZ.com in the "Members Arena: Pokemon TCG" on the "Pokemon Event Discussion" thread. This means you must be an ACTIVE member of PokemonBUZZ.com so get signed up NOW, it's FREE.

See ya Thursday night.

There will be NO facebook trivia.

Houston Pokemon Regionals Trivia starts TONIGHT.

1. We'll have 2 or 3 trivia questions sometime between 7:00 pm & 8:00 pm on pokemonBUZZ.com.

2. Only 2 rules which are you can only win 3 times and you MUST attend and play at Houston Regionals. Please don't play if you're not planning on attending.

3. See post #11 for all the details.

4. See ya tonight.

Houston Regionals Pokemon Trivia is TONIGHT sometime between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm on pokemonBUZZ.com (Houston's local Pokemon website). Please check out the rules before you play. Good luck.

Back