Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you beat it?

Go For The Blastoise, Then The Pidgeot, Steelix Would Be Easy To Defeat Because Its High Energy Cost For Attacks, Or Just Put A Battle Frontier And Go For The Blastoise, Use Desert Ruins As Well As Cursed Stone, PokÉmon Reversal The Squirtle And Beat Them, Use Atm , Use Super Energy Removal On Steelix If They Had Atached Any Holon´s Trode/ton, Use Rocket´s Admin As Fast As You Can, There Are Many Ways To Beat This Deck, And Distibute Wisely Energy Cards On Your PokÉmon, Try To Trick Your Opponent With Some Bait To Make Him/her Waste One Mudslide While You Prepare A Counter,

My Bro Plays With This Deck, So I Have Enough Experience, You Are Right If Used Correctly This Deck Is Devastating, But Sometimes It´s Kind Of Unconsistent.

say bye bye to your bench cascoon and wurmple then, and even if you have 4 dustox ex, a smart player of this deck, would attack with wartortle's smash and turn and switch it with the grass-resistant steelix ex

Its a top tier deck but its not invincible. A good player of those decks that Chad mentioned should take it down in most cases.

Scizor said:
Espycham, Rock Lock, Metatrode, Machamp, for starters.
A Good BLS Player Shouldnt Lose to RL and Metro... I am not sure about Machamp, But Medi Has A Clear Advantage...
Drew

A Shard is helpful for getting Lugia ex if you're Rock Locking... it's not like Magnetic Storm is any good, though suppose you could use Holon Energy FF for some odd reason...
But yeah. If one is losing, one could attempt to get Blastoise ex active by Reversal or Pow!, Scramble onto a Dark Ampharos, then try to KO it next turn, assuming it has no damage on it at the moment. It seems likely that it would not have Energy on it, and would need to retreat of something... it would end up messy. I suppose if you were using Spinning Tail Dark Tyranitar to have damaged the 'Toise ex first, the Dark Ampharos's Darkest Impulse, or something else to have damage on it. Or you could follow up with something and ATM Rock.
Steelix ex... Hmm... Dark Tyranitar, Sand Damage variety, after one successful Second Strike could be followed up with an ATM Rock.
The problem lies in the fact that the massive amounts of damage from Pokémon-ex. So... what could be done in Rock Lock to save this? Safeguarding Pokémon don't exactly fit... one needs to set up with Rock Lock VERY quickly, quicker than LBS, to stand a chance in retaliating.

Last edited:
A Delta Eeveelution is able to get out and doing heavy damage turn 2... that's how I always beat LBS(Vaporeon Delta & Flareon Delta). Though really, any fast deck beats LBS.

I beat it twice this weekend because the player rare candied into Blasty and Pdigeot...I atmed and shut it down long enough to get it into trouble.

MegaVelocibot said:
A Shard is helpful for getting Lugia ex if you're Rook Locking... it's not like Magnetic Storm is any good, though suppose you could use Holon Energy FF for some odd reason...
But yeah. If one is losing, one could attempt to get Blastoise ex active by Reversal or Pow!, Scramble onto a Dark Ampharos, then try to KO it next turn, assuming it has no damage on it at the moment. It seems likely that it would not have Energy on it, and would need to retreat of something... it would end up messy. I suppose if you were using Spinning Tail Dark Tyranitar to have damaged the 'Toise ex first, the Dark Ampharos's Darkest Impulse, or something else to have damage on it. Or you could fallow up with something and ATM Rock.
Steelix ex... Hmm... Dark Tyranitar, Sand Damage variety, after one successful Second Strike could be followed up with an ATM Rock.
The problem lies in the fact that the massive amounts of damage from Pokémon-ex. So... what could be done in Rock Lock to save this? Safeguarding Pokémon don't exactly fit... one needs to set up with Rock Lock VERY quickly, quicker than LBS, to stand a chance in retaliating.

A Dark Would Make the attack do 80 x 2 = 160 = OHKO...

JLYK...
Drew

meganium45 said:
Isn't Lugia EX weak to psychic???

noobs....LOL

M45
Yes. Yes it is. Congrats. Now, what Psychic decks are able to beat other top tier decks? Espeon ex maybe? *shrug*

TheDarkTwins said:
A Dark Would Make the attack do 80 x 2 = 160 = OHKO...

JLYK...
Drew
Most of my Dark go onto my Spinning Tail T-tar... But it would take 2 turns: one to attach the Dark, and one to attach the Scramble, during the course of such that it could be Knocked Out more easily. A Mareep could be played, Rare Candied into a Dark Ampharos, and a Scramble attached to deal with the threat all in the course of a turn. Sure, it could be two turns, by playing a Mareep, Rare Candied into a Dark Flaffy, attach the Dark, and the next turn evolved into Dark Ampharos, attach a Scramble, and attack for the KO over the course of two turns, but that is a whole turn slower... a turn that your opponent could use to Knock Out another Pokémon. Perhaps... sacrificing an Evolved Pokémon with Curse Powder attached, or by using a Plusle's second attack in preparation?

Last edited:
With equally skilled players, I don't believe Medicham beats Blastoise. Its close, and it can go either way with all the flips, but with 50/50 flips, even starts and no neccessary cards being Prized, Blastoise wins. The biggest problem is that Medicham doesn't deal enough damage and the deck is based on getting your opponent locked. Unfortunately, there's nothing to really lock in Blastoise. Pidgeot has free retreat, and QS is useless anyways so might as well let it die. Lugia OHKOs so that's not lock-able. Blastoise 2HKOs and stands a good chance to discard some energy in the process so I'd be frightened to Pow! him up. Steelix is either OHKOd or KOd with 1 or 2 Rain Dances so its not lock-able. If I KO my own Steelix, I break the lock and you lose your ability to Pow!. Plus Blastoise doesn't really play with much energy on the field so ER2 & Pow! are almost useless. Not to mention the fact that heads on ER2 = free Energy on my turn due to Power Tree.

LeMetro stands a MUCH better chance than MetaNite. MetaNite gets obliterated by Steelix where as Metro obliterates Blasty then Pidgeot and the whole show comes to a stop, Steelix or no.

RockLock is a really really good matchups, from a spectator's point of view. So much stuff in that matchup that its not worth my time to analyze.

Machamp is just awesome, nuff said. 3/1 or 2/2, both do well against Blastoise. I don't know that you bring enough firepower consistently to beat it hands down but its a good matchup for the Champ. You OHKO everything in the deck and only Lugia can return the favor. I'd hate to see a Blastoise come up there and pick up dice to start flipping though. That could get ugly for the Champ player late game with no EEB available. Machamp is still being refined at this point so any techs are up in the air but for now I think that's the best bet.

idk about the medi blasty matchup being 50-50, medi is definatly favored on paper it looks good for blast, but when your actually playing, blast is at a huge disadvantage

Back