Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hydro Panic: Complete Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerophenx_chaos

Here is the deck that i modified after Regionals, particularly after loosing to 2 Gardivoir/Gallade decks. Some of the cards are new additions, but overall I've had fast setup with almost any hand i could pull.
If there are any other changes i could work with i'd love to hear them. Thank you in advance for your time. (one of the primary changes is the removal of Felicity's Drawing in favor of more Island Hermit)

NRG
10 Water
2 DRE

POKE
3 Mudkip (ge)
2 Marshtomp (n/a)
3 Swampert (ge)
2 Swampert EX (cg)
2 Palkia
2 Palkia lvX
3 Mantyke (dp)
3 Mantine (mt)
2 Lapras (ge)
2 Suicune (sw)

TRAINER/SUPPORTER
1 Amulet Coin (for lapras)
3 Rare Candy
2 Dusk Ball
2 Master Ball
2 Windstorm
1 Night Maintenance
2 Glacia's Stadium
2 Holon Mentor
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Island Hermit
3 Galactic's Wager

SETUP
Starting with Mantyke or Lapras is an automatic setup, since 'tyke can search lapras, then lapras for an instant mentor, giving me instant access to my entire line of basics to control the field.
Amulet coin gets used only on lapras for a few extra cards without relying on the pesky supporters that benefit the gardi' decks that wiped me clean.
I actually removed one night maintinence since the suicune and EX swampert pretty much do the job for me.

BATTLE
Lv X Palkia's Restructure allows me to pick out my target, and with 2 Mantines baby evo'd on the bench that's free retreat for any of my pokemon.
Whatever seems most fit to attack with at the time, Swampert (ge) moves energy to it after retreating, moving the sparce yet effective water and DRE, essentially leaving my opponent defenseless.

As mentioned, Gardevoir/Gallade posed one of the biggest threats to this deck, with psychic lock (on restructure, wash out, baby evolution, aqua recover, and energy recycle), but even more so with Gardi's Telepass copying my Felicity's for heavy drawing power, thence the removal...
But against those decks especially i'm looking for ways around those difficulties.

Great Deck... Curtis. The deck name gave it away :p

I did 3-4 at Regionals and Nessa did 2-5, but otherwise it was fun.

Good deck. I use Palkia as a Tech with my DarkVile deck, using Moonlight Stadium and Weavile's Dark engage to switch my active back.

Where are the Celio's and I must say that a deck should run with them not some ball item's that need a great deal of topdeck luck..Unless you don't want Gardy to use them.And here is some more fixes to the trainerengine..
Take out:
2 Dusk Ball
2 Master Ball
1 Island Hermit
2 Holon Mentor's
1 Wager
1 Windstorm
Add to deck:
3 Bebe's search (you can get your pokemon out your deck quite surely and you get what you want)
2 Steven's Advice (draws nice if opponent play's with a big bench)
1 Copycat( a hand refresh,sometimes draws more than wager)
1 Lake Boundary(for magmortar)
2 Celio's Network(get something out deck with out adding one card from hand to deck)
This covers most of the things that I noticed in your trainerengine and thought that might need a little helping hand

The reason for the selection of trainers and supporters is to cripple opponents who want to use the ever popular Gardevoir to telepass my used supporters. After all, i ended up facing 3 of them at regionals and lost to 2 of them for that reason: Felicity's Drawing.

I see where you're going with putting more search focus on the Evos, but typically by turn 4 believe it or not... this deck sets up quickly, So long as my starting hand has one of the following: Lapras+water, Mantyke, roseanne's, or mentor (more often than not)

but i can see where copycat can outdo wager... was even considering doing Rowans instead of the wagers for more control so perhaps a combo of copycat and rowans? Thanks for the ideas, much appreciated. I'll have to tinker with the concepts a little.

BTW good to hear from you Syrix! and YES! Hydro Panic Pwns Darkwing Duck! sorry bout that folks, had to get it off my chest. :3

and To Charchar: the Palkia actually offers a LOT of flexability to the deck. I get the chance to pick and choose my target, then retreat no matter what and more often than not get a fast KO. The Lv Xs do present speed issues, but so long as i manage to have a benched Palkia and an X in my hand when Lapras goes down, there's never really a speed issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back