Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I Hope This Is A Joke!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugias_Realm

Found this on Pokemon Zeo today but the Good thing is the link doesn't work to PUI so I am assuming that since today is you know what, someone is having fun, I hope...
POKEMON ZEO
Thursday, April 1 2004 2:28 AM
posted by: echidna
well... they say all good things must come to an end, and that nothing lasts forever. it looks like that time has finally come for the pokemon tcg. a press release issued by pui early this morning stated that the tcg has come to an end, and that ex hidden legends will be the last ever tcg release, here or in japan.

"We would like to take this opportunity to let our loyal community of fans know we will continue to fully support the Pokémon trading card game community throughout the rest of our existing agreements. As many of you are aware, we have been planning on releasing the Pokémon-e TCG EX: Hidden Legends this June. We hope you are all looking forward to the Pokémon-e EX: Hidden Legends set as much as we are. The Pokémon-e EX: Hidden Legends release is a special one for all of us here at Nintendo of America because it will be the last Pokémon TCG expansion."

its definatly a shock that the game is coming to a close... just as we caught up with japan, the game will be cut off.

its really hard to think of something else to say. the game has created many communities, and friends, and it definatly will be missed.

the article in its entirety has information on the last set, worlds, as well as the future of organized play.

Considering the date, and the fact that essentially ALL of the phrasing seems to have been lifted from WotC's press release concerning Skyridge last year....draw your own conclusions...

'mom

Last edited:
Eeeep! I'm sure hoping that is a joke!

My guess is that it probably is a joke. Zeo has to get in their kicks somewhere, hehehe ;)

Yeah, it is, if you click on the URL pojo.com gives you, it takes you to pokemon-tcg.com where it has "the press release". Now, look up at the URL address. Clearly, anyone with a scant knowledge of HTML knows that that address is bogus and thus is a spoof.

Nice try Nintendo! I know you can do better than that! (especially consider this being. . . . well you know what)

Plus, if you think about it, why would Nintendo do that to become with considering that they've had pretty much record sales, fixed OP, and made Pokemon TCG a much better game overall than it has been merely one year ago? See, it doesn't make sense. But, nice try, you had me goin' for about 3 secs!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:
This is obviously a joke since we see previews of a new set after the Hidden Legends set on the Japanese website.

O yes, my favorit day of the year April 1st. NOT!!!!!!!!!! I guess it the time to let the pranks and jokes begin. I really dont think this is real, and I will tell you why, for the main reason that PUI is working so hard on a ton of tourmaments this summer, why would they end it. That and us PTOs have already been given a time spand when the Prerelease tournament after HL might be. Plus sales have been up then in the past year when WOTC had it so why end a good thing. So this is fake, but nicely done ZEO :thumb:

Last edited:
Hmmmm....the page seems to have some script embedded that won't allow one to save the entire webpage...

'mom

its amazing how much hate mail one little article can generate.

....its even more amazing when i had very little responsibility in it. ._.

basically, someone else came to me with the idea, and i said that we'd help. i proof read the article, made a couple changes, showed them how to do the url spoofing, and well... that was about it.

hmmm....

although you CAN blame me for killing the game off completely. they just wanted to make pui lose the licence. i said that was too predictable and suggested the ending the tcg route instead.

.....we laughed. we cried. we got hate mail. ....well, i got hate mail. im not so sure if <insert name of evil criminal mastermind here> got any or not.

soooo yeah. i'd love to take full credit for it, but i cant. i just helped 'authenticate' it. the REAL evil genuis is.... [dramtically points to the real evil genuis]

...i'll let them come forward themselves ;)

Ech did it I tell ya!He`s got GUILTY stamped on his forehead! :p ;) :D

j/k my friend.:)

I also just notice that the date they give for the HL prerelease are not right. They state 12th,13th,19th, & 20th. Where the real dates are 5th,6th,12th, & 13th. But still nicely done prank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back