Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Insanity~Pokemon League": Dallas, Texas

~~ATTENTION...ATTENTION...Richardson, TX Pokemon League~~

Master Professor Birch along with Tom Magel, owner of "JJK Cards"inside Richardson Square Mall will be starting their Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" this Sunday, December 19th. The details are below. :)

501 S. Plano Road, Suite-667
Richardson, Texas 75081
("JJK Cards" is located in the southeast corner of Richardson Square Mall, next to "Super Target")

Day: Sundays of each Month

League Time: 1:00pm

Sanctioned Tournaments: 2:30pm

Entry Fee for Tournaments: $5.00

Prizes: $3.00 from the Entry Fees go into the Prize Pool. Paid out in "Store Credit".

Any questions, please post on this thread or contact MP Birch. :confused:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

NOTICE>>>>>NOTICE>>>>>NOTICE>>>>>NOTICE>>>>>NOTICE

The "Insanity~Pokemon League" has a new location!!! The address is below.

"TTI"
12018 Forestgate Drive
Dallas, Texas 75243

Please check this link for times.

https://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/details/?id=666

MP Birch

Last edited:
Hey Birch what about the other store in Plano? Will anything ever be held there again that is related
to pokemon?

Killerboy said:
Hey Birch what about the other store in Plano? Will anything ever be held there again that is related
to pokemon?

~Killerboy~

I have heard through the "grapevine" that there will be league and tournaments held there. MP Birch will not be doing any Pokemon related or other games at CBG again.

MP Birch

There will be the "Pokemon League" and a Modified Constructed Deck tournament at "JJK Cards" in Richardson Square Mall this Sunday, December 26th. MP Birch will not be there, but Gilbert Valdes, Jr will be taking my place. I am sure that Gilbert will do a fine job.

Pokemon League @ 1:00pm

Tournament @ 2:30pm ($5.00-Entry Fee)

MP Birch

Last edited:
Modified Construsted Deck Tournament: 1-1-05

We will have the "Weekly Tournament" and Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" on January 2, 2005. The League will start at 1:00pm and the Tournament at 2:30pm. This will be a great time to play test that deck for the "Ft. Worth City Championship" on Saturday, January 8, 2005.

I hope that all the Pokemon players had a "Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year". MP Birch only wishes the best for you all.

I will see you on Sunday (tomorrow).

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
Weekly Tournament Info: 1/9/05

We will have the "Weekly Tournament" and Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" on January 9, 2005. The League will start at 1:00pm and the Tournament at 2:30pm. This will be a great time to play test that deck for the "Oklahoma City~City Championship" on Saturday, January 15, 2005.

The format will be "Modified Constructed Deck". We will play Age-Modified Swiss rounds. If we have enough 10-Under players, we will cut to the Top-? in the "10-Under & 11-Over" age groups. The "Top-?" will be determined by attendance.

I will see you on Sunday.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
We will have the "Weekly Tournament" and Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" on January 16, 2005. The League will start at 1:00pm and the Tournament at 2:30pm. This will be a great time to play test that deck for the "Austin~City Championship" on Saturday, January 22, 2005.

The format will be "Modified Constructed Deck". We will play Age-Modified Swiss rounds. If we have enough 10-Under players, we will cut to the Top-? in the "10-Under & 11-Over" age groups. The "Top-?" will be determined by attendance.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
We will have the "Weekly Tournament" and Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" on January 23, 2005. The League will start at 1:00pm and the Tournament at 2:30pm. This will be a great time to play test that deck for the "State Championships" that are coming up in March 2005.

The format will be "Modified Constructed Deck". We will play Age-Modified Swiss rounds. If we have enough 10-Under players (4), we will cut to the Top-? in the "10-Under & 11-Over" age groups. The "Top-?" will be determined by attendance.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
MP Birch will be modeling the "Offical Pokemon Professor~Polo" this Sunday at the Pokemon League & Weekly Tournament. You have got to check it out!!! Simply, awesome!!!

MP Birch

Last edited:
Master Professor Birch said:
MP Birch will be modeling the "Offical Pokemon Professor~Polo" this Sunday at the Pokemon League & Weekly Tournament. You have got to check it out!!! Simply, awesome!!!

MP Birch

Your Right....Awesome Professor Polo..... :thumb:

We will have the "Weekly Tournament" and Pokemon League at "JJK Cards" on January 30, 2005. The League will start at 1:00pm and the Tournament at 2:30pm. This will be a great time to play test that deck for the "State Championships" that are coming up in March 2005.

The format will be "Modified Constructed Deck". We will play Age-Modified Swiss rounds. If we have enough 10-Under players (4), we will cut to the Top-? in the "10-Under & 11-Over" age groups. The "Top-?" will be determined by attendance.

I will not be at "JJK Cards" on Sunday. I will be at my grandson's 4th birthday party. Happy Birthday, Dawson!!! Gilbert, the assissant League Leader will be running the Pokemon League and Tournament. Thank you, Gilbert. I will be back on February 6, 2005 for the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament at "JJK Cards". This event will start at 11:00am. I hope to see you there.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
February 6, 2005~No League

:eek: ~~There Will Be No League on 2/6/05~~ :eek:

There will be no Pokemon League play on February 6, 2005. Instead, come play in the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament!!! This is a great way to get the new series of Pokemon cards at a great price. You will receive 10-Booster packs of "ex Deoxys", 2-POP Series-1 Promo packs, "ex Deoxys" Promo Card, and "ex Deoxys" Player's Pin for the Entry Fee of $15.00 :smile:

If you are not conformable making a deck from booster packs, play in the "Theme Deck Challenge". You will receive 1-"ex Deoxys" Theme Deck, 6-Booster packs of "ex Deoxys", 2-POP Series-1 Promo packs, "ex Deoxys" Promo Card, and "ex Deoxys" Player's Pin for the Entry Fee of $15.00. :smile:

Say that you do not know how to play??? There will be staff on hand to help with the "Theme Deck Challenge". They will teach you how to play if you do not know how already. There is not a better way to spend quality time with your child than playing Pokemon with them. They improve their reading, math, and strategy skills by playing the Pokemon-Trading Card Game. :thumb:

So, come on down to "JJK Cards" in Richardson Square Mall and join in the fun. There is not a better way to kill the time before the Super Bowl game. And we will be finished before it starts!!!!

Oh yes, all new members of Pokemon Organized Play will receive a FREE pack of the "ex Deoxys" and the player that they came with. And there will be a "GBA" tournament before the Pre-release starts. Check in the "Pre-release Tournaments" section for all of the details for the "ex Deoxys" Event in Richardson, Texas. :wink:

Take care.

Change of Heart & Mind...

:clap: :clap: ~~Mp Birch Has Changed His Mind....Let The Pokemon League....Be On~~ :clap: :clap:

That right!!! MP Birch will be running the Sunday Pokemon League at "JJK Cards". We are allowed to run one sanctioned tournament per league season. Well, this is it. Our sanctioned tournament will be the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament!!! Players bring your "Pokemon League Books" to the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament and all games that you play will count toward earning points in your league book. :thumb:

Our Pokemon League started late and we/our players are trying to catch-up with the other leagues. If we cancel another league day, we may never catch-up. So, members of the "JJK Cards~Pokemon League", this is your chance to do some major catching up. I hope to see all of our Pokemon League members and everyone else there on Sunday for the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament. :biggrin:

If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and are looking for an offical/sanctioned Pokemon League to attend, we would be glad to add you to our league that meets on Sunday afternoons.

Last edited:
Richard, will Deoxys be allowed in next week's tourney? Nothing like state championship testing =)

Ohhhhh, Yes

Patriarch said:
Richard, will Deoxys be allowed in next week's tourney? Nothing like state championship testing =)

~Patriarch~

Yes, the "ex Deoxys" will be allowed in the Weekly Tournament at "JJK Cards" on February 13, 2005. These are not to be released to the public until February 14th. But, since everyone attended the pre-release Tournament yesterday, we will get a day's jump on this set. (They are offically legal on Fenruary 14, 2005.)

Also, MP Birch will be in San Antonio, Texas for their "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament on February 13th. Gilbert V2 will take my place as League Leader on Sunday. I will get Gilbert the list from the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release so that he can stamp your League Books from yesterday.

Good luck, to you guys from the "JJK Cards~Pokemon League" and yes let's start play testing those decks for "States".

MP Birch

The Start of The New Pokemon Season

~~New Pokemon League Season~~

Pokemon League members and players, we have started the new Season of Pokemon. Sunday, February 13th, was the start of the "Floe Island" season. If Gilbert didn't stamp your League Books last Sunday for the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release, I will do so this Sunday. :wink:

The new "ex Deoxys" series of cards are now legal for the "Modified Format". This Sunday's Weekly Tournament will be the next step to play testing those decks for the "State Championships" that will start on March 5, 2005. The "Texas~State Championship" is in Houston, Texas on March 5th. And the "Oklahoma~State Championship" is in Del City on March 12th. I will have flyers this Sunday for those events. :thumb:

I hope to see you on Sunday, February 20th at "JJK Cards" in "Richardson Square Mall". Expect to have some fun tweaking those decks and trading for those cards that you want for your decks. :clap:

Playtest...Playtest

~~Playtest...Playtest...Playtest~~

That's right, it is time to do some serious playtesting!!! There is only one week left until the "Teaxs~State Championship". It is time to fine tune those decks!!! :thumb:

MP Birch will not be at the Pokemon League/Tournament on Sunday. It is my son's birthday. I will be at his party. Good luck with playtesting those decks. I will see you on Saturday, May 5th at "Heroes Collectables" in Houston, Texas for the "Texas~State Championship". Be there and don't miss out on this event. :eek:

Don't worry, Clay! I'll be there!

I'm also revealing n my States Deck today :biggrin:

For everyone's personal interest, I compiled a list of the 1st and 2nd places each week, and more importantly, what they used =)

Week One:
1st: Clay Carney (Blaziken)
2nd: John Kettler (Dragonite)

Week Two:
1st: John Kettler (Magma)
2nd: Ryan Soles (Ttar/Amphy)

Three:
1st: John Kettler (Magma)
2nd: Ryan Soles (Dragonite)

Four:
1st: Robby Weidman (Dark Steelix)
2nd: John Kettler (Magma)

Five:
2nd: Clay Carney (ZapDOS)

Six:
1st: Tracy Cho (Rock-Lock, a.k.a. Ttar/Amphy)
2nd: Clay Carney (Nidoqueen/Jumpluff)

Seven:
1st: Ryan Soles (Amphy/Xatu)
2nd: Robert Riner (Jumpluff/Gorebyss)

Eight:
1st: John Kettler (Ttar/Amphy)
2nd: Gilbert Valdes (Blaziken)

Nine:
1st: John Kettler (STupendously-Inventive TeCH)
2nd: Gilbert Valdes (Sceptile/Ludicolo/Magcargo)

Ten:
2nd: John Kettler (Lanturn/Breloom)

Eleven:
1st: John Kettler (Rayquaza/Zapdos/Electrode ex's)
2nd: Clay Carney (ZapDOS)

As you can see, even our weekly tournaments show an understanding of playtesting, considering that the only decks to win multiple tournaments were Dark Steelix, Ttar/Amphy, and Magma!

Come on down to Richardson, TX guys! It's a great time, and as long as you use a strong list of whatever you play, you have a great shot of winning!

Back