Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

International OP Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nack

Master Trainer, Emeritus
I'd like to take this time to introduce myself - my name is Jarrod Nack and I'm the new International Pokémon Organized Play (POP) Representative for PUI. I just returned from Barcelona and the roll-out of the new International POP Program. A majority of the distributors listed on our site where there for the roll-out, and the ones that were not, will have their roll-out in the coming days.

In the coming weeks, you'll be happy to discover a program being put in place that is very similar to what is currently being run in North America.

I'm currently working with your local distributors to get the systems in place for leagues, tournaments and EX Dragon Prereleases to be set-up as soon as possible.
Our website is going to be refreshed shortly to reflect this updated information. Please bear with us while this is being accomplished.

It is great to see such a passionate and dedicated group of players and I encourage you to contact your local distributor listed on our site. While I will be coordinating all of the international POP efforts, your local distributor will be your contact for sanctioning, reporting and materials. Through them you'll be able to apply to become a TO and League Coordinator and get the materials you need to support your events. I encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas with them, especially on how to make the most out of your local POP experience.

You'll also be happy to know that the Professor program is up and running and will continue to be run through PUI, so please forward your questions/comments to [email protected].

While the programs you are so enthusiastically asking for are being ramped-up, I will not have time to monitor this site as much as everyone would like, myself included.
If you'd like regular feedback, please direct all inquires to [email protected], thus allowing the entire international POP team to help you out. Current and
future inquires to my personal email will be forwarded on to your local distributor. It's not that we don't care, but as you can imagine, we're very busy getting these programs in place.

We look forward to supporting and improving your international POP experience, and know that only happens with your help and support.

Thanks.

-Jarrod Nack

Well... I'm sure that really good news for all our International Players. They've been waiting so long for this news. :thumb: :clap:

This news will also let dance along with this smiley :clap: !!!!
As the old league in our place will come to a close this week and the new local distributor has plans for a pre-release tourney for the game, continuity of the game is still on!!! :clap: :thumb:

Well,

Where is NoPoke?
Wo ist UKPokemonPro?

Treat our NEW guest nicely. Don't just send him to the LION's DEN just

YET...

Its is good news. VERY GOOD NEWS.

Hello Jarrod, please don't bounce our emails to the distributors just yet. We would still like to know when and if we will have league kits available in the UK, and the cost of said league kits.

---------------------------------------------------

Hmm maybe I've been baited into a reply that I didn't want to make....Oh well its too late now:

----------------------------------------------------

I held off from posting what we were told as the outcome from the Oct 10th meeting as I was awaiting further information. We are still waiting... However since everything in the garden is once again rosy I think I'd beter report the message that we on the ground recieved.

I phoned the third party OP team yesterday to confirm. They tell a different story. OP for the UK remains undecided and to call back on the 27th when there might be some more news, hopefully. I was also aware of a further meeting in Essen.

BTW we were told that there were ZERO league kits available at the Barcelona meeting.

So who and what do we believe? Its all about delivery people..we put our faith in those that deliver on their promises not those that just say good things. Don't jump down my throat and claim I'm attacking Jarrod. I'm not. Just don't blame us if we see Jarrod as part of PUI. At least until we actually have something tangible. In the meantime we continue to support our leagues as best we can, despite criticism from the USA.

[edit corrected mispelling of Jarrod's name.]

Last edited:
Wo ist me? Working on my League that's what...

Now just to give Jarrod the correct welcome ...

If you'd like regular feedback, please direct all inquires to [email protected], thus allowing the entire international POP team to help you out.

That's great to know... BUT .. when will you answer my email sent 6TH October 2003 .. no reply as yet?

I am also told that as there is no agreement with the UK distributors there is no point in phoning them either as yet ..

Better go back to repackaging WotC promo's for my league ....

Now just how do we get listed again.. oh yeah..

No Poke,

WELL if board after board.
Post after Post.
Reply after Reply.

Unfortunately we can sympathize BUT ad nauseum? *really no insult intended*
You do know the LAW of Diminishing Return.

We do want EQUALITY with all our non-USA pokemon brethren.
*But life is not fair, even in TCG's.

PS You guys KNOW way to much information for your own good ;)
*TOO many contacts.

I've warned PUI
o_O

lol

Juan.. you asked for my response.... and I gave it...

we no longer know who to believe... so I just look at who is keeping their promises. I hope that Jarrod will keep his.

Pity about the 30 league kits..None for the UK we have been told.

Don't shoot the messenger. BTW I edited my post slightly.

Last edited:
IPG you are the MAN ;)

What can we say yeah we know too much to be hoodwinked but not enough to be satisfied :(

Trust no-one, walk softly and carry a BIG STICK...

Hi Jarrod, welcome on our community and good luck for your work.

I know probably you won't read there, but distributors like the italian one doesn't answer to our emails... Just odd, it isn't? I'll try to phone later today, it isn't a good start if I haven't received neither answer to my 2 emails, and my fellow Professors too.
Ah... but do distributor know what is a Pokémon Professor? ?_?

Well since previous emails to OP and International email addys at PUI have gone unanswered 10 days since I sent my last one I thought I would try one more time...

Here's what I sent ..

We understand from talking to our distributors that no agreement has yet been reached in the UK about delivering OP support or Leagues.

We do have some active leagues across the UK and would like to:

a) get them listed on the Pokemon-TCG website

and

b) get some immediate support for them

We have had no support in the UK since May this year when WotC stopped all OP and League deliveries.

Since then repeated requests for support have gone unanswered and it is become increasingly hard to run a league on old promos and keep OP going without any official support.

Our distributors who we are told to turn to know less than us and are dis-heartended too.

Can you confirm when the UK can expect league support, how much the league kits will cost and what support you can provide whilst the distributors are not...

Actions speak loudest ...

Despite accusations from the USA I AM NOT A NEGATIVE PERSON.

If I was a negative person I'd have given up on Pokémon in the UK years ago.

I look for EVIDENCE, DATA, DELIVERY, and draw my conclusions from that. You don't like those conclusions, well here's the thing NOR DO I!

Last edited:
And for Jarrod: You are still in the honeymoon period: We know that International Op is a brand new position. I'm not after miracles....just a few promos for league.

best wishes in your new position hope it goes well.

Last edited:
)v(ajin_ipg21 said:
No Poke,

WELL if board after board.
Post after Post.
Reply after Reply.

Unfortunately we can sympathize BUT ad nauseum? *really no insult intended*
You do know the LAW of Diminishing Return.

We do want EQUALITY with all our non-USA pokemon brethren.
*But life is not fair, even in TCG's.

PS You guys KNOW way to much information for your own good ;)
*TOO many contacts.

I've warned PUI
o_O

lol

So in what way isn't that an insult ??? I'm not stupid. If you had PM'd me then it would not be insulting..but in an open forum? *shakes head*

I'm not after equality: just a few promos!

Ignorance is best!

Warned PUI? What? That everything is OK in the UK and just to ignore those who have tirelessly and against great odds kept the game alive and in recent times managed to grow their leagues?

Geek: Send me your AIM and we can tell you more.... its just not stuff for the boards

Last edited:
I agree with NoPoke, Mexico has also been left out of OP since May, and the League IS starting to decay. We NEED the new promos, we NEED premier events. We don't need any more promises, we need promos.

NOT a Negative Person?

You can REMAIN negative but put in a POSITIVE effort.

YOU took my ribbing NEGATIVELY. I MEANT what I typed, no REAL offense meant.
*If any other person might have posted this you REALLY would have let them have it, THANKS for the restraint.

I usu. do ignore these posts because what can little o' me do?
Read there, Read that, and well i invested too many emotions in the past to this game. *WE SOLVE nothing and get riled up over NOTHING I can really control*

Really, I don't know if I want to know more.
You can TRY to find me on AIM *rare but happens*

Aw, man, NEVER been to Mexico to experience Pokemon.
HEY mudkip, Send me your address, I can scrounge up some for you.
Is ...Roundtree from la Ciudad de México still around...

PM me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back