Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef-Tournament of Champions (Finals/Third Place Challenges Posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Here is where the bracket, judge commentary, and most peanut gallery replies about the Final Four should go!

FIRST OFF, congratulations to all sixteen of our competitors, especially the Final Four. Before I go onto the ingredients, let's get a look at who's fighting for the prizes!!!

~~~TOURNAMENT FINALISTS~~~

Dendrobatida: He's a regional champ, a state champ, and the most accomplished deckbuilder in the history of Iron Chef. Heck, he's even been part of this longer than I have! While being the large tournament favorite to win, he has dodged multiple silver bullets.

ToC I History:
-VS Patriarch (L, 11-13)
-VS Pooka (W, 16-NG)
-VS Blizard (L, 9-10)

ToC II History:
-VS Flipsarecool (W, 17-15) w/"Cactics."
-VS Acutin (W, 16-13) w/"Dendrocatty."
-VS Slimeygrimey (W, 18-17) w/"Infinity Engine."

However, his fiercest opponent yet just might be in the form of...

Gymbo ex: Like his pal Jake, Gymbo is a state/GC fiend, and a deckbuilding genius. But in this North Carolina sweep, we have in Gymbo a Cinderella Story. Tucked away as the bottom seed and 7th in the Iron Chef Grinder, he has been pulling seed upsets since round one. He has also had his own share of close calls against...

ToC I History:
-N/A

ToC II History:
-VS Venusaur (W, 16-14), w/BlastCatty ex
-VS Pidgeotto Trainer (W, 14-13), w/Sceptile+Gyarados d
-VS Pooka (W, 16-15) w/Tyraniter ex d+Mew ex)

~~~THIRD PLACE CONSOLATION~~~

Pooka: "Consistency" is Kyle Pookavich's middle name. Whether it's his playing or deckbuilding, he's been a force since the start of the Nintendo era, and here on Iron Chef it's no different! Although narrowly losing to Gymbo ex, he is the last person in over a year to issue a loss to Dendrobatida, and is out for BLOOD!

ToC I History:
-VS Mudkip (L, no grade)
-VS Dendrobatida (L, no grade)

ToC II History:
-VS Mr. Meches (W, 15-13) w/Memory Berry+Aggron ex
-VS CRIMINAL (W, 17-16) w/Swampert ex
-VS Gymbo ex (L, 15-16) w/Tyranitar ex d+Pidgeot S2

Of course, who's a national champion runner-up's player to beat? Why of course...a naitonal champ...

SlimeyGrimey: Gordon "Grimey" C. is a force to be reckoned with, recently winning a national title in Canada+Top 32 at the Pokemon TCG Worlds this past August. Also, he is the last remaining international competitor, and has his eyes on the third place prize. Although he didn't get a chance to prove himself against Whicker, he showed his true colors by dominating Magnechu, and barely losing to the strongest Iron Chef competitor.

ToC I History:
-N/A

ToC II History:
-VS Whicker (W, N/A-no grade)
-VS Magnechu (W, 15-12) w/ Blaziken ex
-VS Dendrobatida (L, 17-18) W/Rayquaza ex d+Wobbuffet

NOW...onto the challenges!

IRON CHEF: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
~~~TOURNAMENT FINALS~~~

(1) Dendrobatida VS (11) Gymbo ex (CHALLENGE: Absol ex, DX-on)

Link to picture: http://pokebeach.com/news/1106/absolex.jpg

For this special challenge, Absol ex is the ONLY PK-legal card!

~~~THIRD PLACE CONSOLATION~~~

(3) Pooka VS (5) Slimeygrimey (CHALLENGE: Rocket's Raikou ex, DX-on)

Challenges will be due on December 30th, and grades will be posted sometime on New Year's eve, so get ready for some neat decks that explore both the format's past (EX: Deoxys) and future (EX: Power Keepers!

-12/28/06: Scores posted, and immediately Finals/3rd place consolation challenges will be posted.
-12/30/06: All challenges are due.
-12/31/06: Finals/3rd place consolation grades will be posted!

There's a lot of exciting Iron chef stuff going on before the year is over, so keep your eyes peeled =D

Last edited:
Elite Eight eh? :tongue:

I'm off skiing from the 26th to 30th though.... I don't know if I'll even get to see my finals/consolation challenge before it's due... :frown:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The edit button isn't showing up so I have to just reply again x_x

Anyway, if the challenges are due really late on the 30th I should still have time to do it when I get home. Just make it like midnight or something?

Last edited:
If you have an issue with the holidays (what I feared), then PM me with exact details, and maybe we could adjust the schedule just a bit. Since we're down to only four people, it shouldn't be that hard. However, I'd prefer to keep it on track (for once ^^"").

Oh boy, time to put my thinking cap on. Tyranitar ex d is so bad! Why couldn't I get Rayquaza? :p

I have Slimeygrimey/Dendro's entries in. Waiting for Pooka/Gymbo...the deadline's tomorrow! o_O

Jim's in Ohio for the holiday season...I haven't seen him on the 'net in awhile...

Got mine in, but it was alot tougher to do during Christmas, what with my in-laws in town from Switzerland and the new baby...is there an in-laws bonus?

Patriarch - Quick question (on behalf of both Jim and I): Though no rulings have been made on PK cards yet, should we assume that Absol EX's pokepower works as an "Up to" sort of thing, or must there be 3 counters on that one pokemon to move? Could you move just 2? 1, if there were only one on a pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back