Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kyurem vs Cobalion. Should I Accept the Autloss?

FireFormation

So my take on kyurem/feraligatr did well at yesterday's cities taking 4th overall. However the decks main weakness was kyurem's steel weakness. I view CaKE as a horrible deck only capable of consistently beating Kyurem and thus do not want to play it. Should I accept this auto-loss for consistency's sake or does somebody have an idea to counter Cobalion?

Possibly. I'm worried it would be hard to get out and powered up fast enough. Plus if they send up another Cobalion after killing the first they will most likely take two prizes off the SEL.

Possibly. I'm worried it would be hard to get out and powered up fast enough. Plus if they send up another Cobalion after killing the first they will most likely take two prizes off the SEL.

Getting it powered up shouldn't be a problem, if your running Gatr. Just play smart and you should be fine.

If you play evolite, Victini (V-create) is a decent counter. It does need to survive on the bench though for a turn, but it does work.

Beartic is an easy fit in your deck which will greatly slow down Cobalion's effectiveness. Your opponent will have to either burn resources discarding Energy or lose Cobalions without much recourse. Zekrom with Eviolite is another good choice. Even attacking with your Gatr isn't such a bad idea.

Keep in mind that Beartic also has a metal weakness. NVI Cobalion can be devistating due to its 1st attack. I learned from that mistake quick during my last tournament.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while SEL does have a fire typing, you'll need a fire/rainbow to attack the active. It's all-water-type attack only lets you target the bench.

Vcreate victini > coba
Lol
Posted with Mobile style...

Oh have you tested it? I have, which holds ground theorymon doesnt, and I have to say its the easiest counter to fit in the deck. Even though he is OHKOd by cobalion with 3 NRG, with evolite he needs a PP to kill Victini. Its the easiest counter to get out as well, just a shame Gatr cant rain dance to non-water types.

*My turn
Draw
Pokemon Collecoter - Victini, shaymin, ???
Bench victini and ???
Raindance on gatr
bench shaymin, celebration wind
attach rainbow/fire
attach evolite
vgenerate cobalion

Therymon ftw.
;)

This may seem weird, but you could always try Simisear that has the Water's Power attack, hitting them for weakness and putting the opponent to sleep if Simisear has a water energy which can potentially give you a turn to regroup.

^LOL! That'd be pretty sick. My friend actually tried using PDL in his KyuGatr. Didn't really work out =/

How was your deck setup to run Kyurem and Feraligatr, I am curious to see.

is there that many cobalions out there?

How was your deck setup to run Kyurem and Feraligatr, I am curious to see.

is there that many cobalions out there?

I run straight spread. I go straight for consistency with my only tech being a single jirachi. Yes the Cobalion turn out took me by surprise and my only loss in swiss and my loss in the top four were both to Cobalion variants.

Yes i use the COL jirachi. After you spread a couple of turns you can devolve for multiple prizes. It works very well against Megazone and trainer lock but obviously does nothing to counter Cobalion

Back