Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lameness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss Factor

This whole crap with people getting trips for coming in 3rd is getting on my nerves. At Philidelphia, two of the top 4 players already have trips locked up, so that means regardless of the outcome of the matches, the other two tripless players are going to worlds. This is because they had regionals which occured after a substantial number of other regionals have taken place, and are attended by players who have already won trips. My regional was on the first weekend of the year, so my 3rd place gets me jack crap. Half the rest of the nation is getting free trips for 3rd, 4th, and I wouldn't be surprised if some lucksac in the T8 of some regional wins a trip. Lameness. I deserve a trip =\

Back to the original subject...the same thing happened at Mississippi Valley where Chris Fulop and Adam V. already had trips, so they passed down to 3rd and 4th. I'm alright with 3rd place getting trips, but it almost seems wrong somehow for 4th to, since they just lost two straight matches. o_o

I guess the win is more important than the game itself to some. Be proud of yourself no matter what place you come in.

That doesn't even make sense Prime. I want to play at worlds. There are people placing BELOW what I placed at and going to worlds. Its lame. I just wanna play. So be queit, mmk?

Whining about it won't allow you to play at Worlds. I'll be "queit" though.

I just can't wait to see what happens at Nationals. The top four people that don't already have trips will win one, and so many people there will already have trips. The way I see it, everyone that places in the top 8 will have a trip at the end of the day.

Moss Factor said:
This whole crap with people getting trips for coming in 3rd is getting on my nerves. At Philidelphia, two of the top 4 players already have trips locked up, so that means regardless of the outcome of the matches, the other two tripless players are going to worlds. This is because they had regionals which occured after a substantial number of other regionals have taken place, and are attended by players who have already won trips. My regional was on the first weekend of the year, so my 3rd place gets me jack crap. Half the rest of the nation is getting free trips for 3rd, 4th, and I wouldn't be surprised if some lucksac in the T8 of some regional wins a trip. Lameness. I deserve a trip =\
Didn't you say that Fullop gave you the win anyways. So, actually you probably wouldn't have finished 3rd at that regionals if not for the charity of Mr. Fullop. (He already had a trip locked up from last year) Stop crying and start playing better. There's no crying in Pokemon, suck it up.

Yeah Moss, you got a bye into t4 as it is ;) Don't tell me your Lanturn was gonna beat Sceptile, you even admitted it yourself that it doesn't. You did get lucky enough to have the only trickle down trip of the season at that point as your opponent, so you can't complain too much. Plus, don't you have plenty of GCs to mize? I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but theres not much they can do about it besides hold them all the same day, which no one wins at. There are no answers where more people win out here, only ways to cut back so less people do. They need a set # of invites to go out, so they have a trickle down effect. They can't add or subtract trips due to a budget and an estimated attendence count that they are banking on. Your good enough to win a trip in anyways, I don't think you have too much to worry about though Moss.

I could have won! Sure your deck had an advantage over mine but I could have 2nd turned your or gotten lucky. At best you were 70/30 :) But those are pretty good odds so I'm glad you gave the mosser the bye :)

Also, I merely said two trips COULD have been passed down. Not that 2 trips were. The fact that someone COULD have gone 8-8 in that tourney and won a trip is astounding.

Btw Fulop, good job at cleaning up at all the regionals. Chris the Grinch will probably be handing out broken dreams at Nats too :) Peace.

No problem Moss, nothing makes me happier than robbing poor teenagers of a chance to go to California. Well, nothing short of doing the same thing to women and elderly! ;)

I do see what you're saying somewhat. And I can't say I disagree. Its my personal belief that some of these higher-up tournaments, such as regionals, should be limited to one-per-player, to where a single player can only attend 1 Regional Championship per season.

Seems only fair to me that people should only get one shot at such large prizes, instead of 1 player grabbing up the scholarships & cards from multiple tournaments.

Last edited:
You know what you guys are complaining about things that are totally ridiculous... I mean think about this... Yes it maybe unfair... but you know what... It is all about having fun... if all your are doing is complaining about how things are unfair because things didnt go your way they guess what... That is Life... Life Doesnt Revolve around one person... It Revolves around Everyone... So Everyone who wants to Complain Should Grow Up and Relize that PUI is Trying to Make It Enjoyable For Everyone Not Just You...
Drew

P.S. You Is Refering To Those Who It Needs Too... :biggrin:

It isn't fair. But I can't conceive of a change that would make it so. I guess the only solution is to plan on playing in a late regional and hope that there is one scheduled nearby.

Wow, i'm starting to see a few jerks pop up. I'm going to go with moss on this, all the regionals should have been treated evenly and then...if people already had trips they should have went to the next person in the standings. You'd make a deal and hire your lawyer over it if it happen to you.

Last edited:
TheDarkTwins said:
You know what you guys are complaining about things that are totally ridiculous... I mean think about this... Yes it maybe unfair... but you know what... It is all about having fun... if all your are doing is complaining about how things are unfair because things didnt go your way they guess what... That is Life... Life Doesnt Revolve around one person... It Revolves around Everyone... So Everyone who wants to Complain Should Grow Up and Relize that PUI is Trying to Make It Enjoyable For Everyone Not Just You...
Drew

P.S. You Is Refering To Those Who It Needs Too... :biggrin:

It is about having fun, yes, but some of us also have our own agenda. When I went to SE Regionals, I had fun. It was my first Modified irl tournament, and I was glad at how well I had done. However, I was looking at Regionals as a way to get back into college...and I came darn close to the top 8 cut...but in my final game I lost to a guy who was rushing, and while he recieved a warning, the damage had already been done. Needless to say, it hurt even more to see that guy take 1st.

My point is this. Sure, the idea is to have fun. But, in large-scale events where the stakes are high, it hurts to lose a shot at something that others end up recieving through less-than-conventional means.

I liken this situation to team sports. Some teams end up with an easy schedule, others with a tough schedule.

If you are unlucky enough to be in a highly competitive metagame or large market area, you're at a disadvantage compared to someone in a rural area with few players. Similarly, if you are in an early Regional, then you stand much less of a chance at a trip than you would in a later one.

There is no way to make the playing field 100% level in any competitive environment.

That said, I am confident that next year's Challenge Series will include a "win one and done" clause. There will thus be no 'trickle down' of trips, because the players who have already won a trip will be ineligible to play. That will please some people even as it angers others.

There are two absolute truths here:

1) Life is not fair.

2) You can't please everyone.

That said PUI has done an excellent job with the tournament season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back