Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ludicargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglypuff666

This is a totally diferent version that I only just thought of (my current version was built quite badly). Anyway, on to the list.
Pokemon (24)
4x Tauros (Cg)/Jirachi (Dx)
4x Lotad (Dx common)
2x Lombre (Cg)
3x Ludicolo (Dx swing)
1x Ludicolo (Cg)
2x Slugma (any)
2x Magcargo (Dx smooth)
2x Ekans (Df
2x Arbok (Df)
1x Aipom (Uf)
1x Holon's Magneton/Electrode (Ds)

Trainers (22)
4x Celio's Network
3x T.V. Reporter
2x Copycat
1x Holon Farmer
4x Batle Frontier
3x Rare Candy
1x Mr. Briney's Compassion
1x Switch
3x Windstorm

Energy (14)
4x Water
3x Fire
4x Double Rainbow
1x Holon WP
2x Scramble

Strategy
Your standard Ludicargo. Fill up the bench and use Swing Dance Ludi to do massive amounts of damage. Ludi d and the tech line (Arbok d unless somone thinks of something better) are for backup. Search for any card with Smooth Over/Swing Dance combo.

The problems are the following: what starter should I use out of the ones listed? What tech line should I use? (I'm leaning towards the Arbok d, but I'm not certain)?

Last edited:
I like Holon Engine better than... old skool engine?

Also, I think Jirachi is the best choice.
Mysterious Shard is pretty bad, they can windstrom it off of you. Speaking of which, you also need some Windstorm.

well it all depends.
if u dont want to make room for windstorm use tauros.
if u do use jirachi.
preferably id use 2 jirachi 2 taros.
tauros can help but can also b easy bait cuz it sits on the bench all day.
but getting rid of nasty staduims helsps especially if ur up against tool ull b using windstorm on the tools not stadiums....

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming!
What should I take out for Windstorm?
Also, I don't like the idea of the Holon Engine in Ludicargo, as the old skool engine, in my opinion, has more options available to it. Also, with Tauros, I could use it's power, then Briney it back in to my hand, ready to become Healing Steps or T.V. Reporter bait.

Even with Tauros or Plusle, it still takes too much time to load the bench with the standard engine. HOlon Engine gives you the Mentors that the deck needs in order to get set up quickly enough. It also has some of the strongest card drawers in the game in Scientist and Adventurer, plus has the added bonus of Farmer, the only true recovery card in the game right now.

Windstorm? Well, you don't really need all of those TecH items in there, so you can take a few of those out for some Storm. I've also noticed that, if you have your energy ratios right, you don't need more than about 15 energy in the deck, including CastMagneTrodes. REmember, any energy that gives more than 1 energy is a good energy in LC.

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming!
What is a good list for Ludicargo that includes the Holon Engine? Also, what would be good techs in that deck?

I personally wouldn't include the holon engine, I'ld just go for Tauros CFF to setup, with an aipom for early searching.

drop 3 waters for the 4th double rainbow, 3rd scramble, and a holon mag/trode

and definitely run arbok d.

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming?
I'm almost definatly going with Arbok d as I think there will be few holon decks.
grash0p-I might try out you energy line at some point, but I don't know when, but it makes sense to have 4 DRE and 3 Scramble.
Aipom seems like a good idea, but what should be taken out for it?
Also, what should I use, Holon WP, Multi energy, or Rainbow energy?
What should be taken out for Windstorm?

There are still questions that need answering, and the cities is this Sunday!
First of all, what is better in this deck, Holon WP, Multi, or Rainbow energy?
How many Windstorms are needed and what should be taken out for them?
Should I use a normal engine or go with the Holon Engine?
What starter should be used?
What should be taken oyut for Aipom?
Plus any other fixes you can make will be greatly appriciated.

Jigglypuff666 said:
There are still questions that need answering, and the cities is this Sunday!
First of all, what is better in this deck, Holon WP, Multi, or Rainbow energy?
How many Windstorms are needed and what should be taken out for them?
Should I use a normal engine or go with the Holon Engine?
What starter should be used?
What should be taken oyut for Aipom?
Plus any other fixes you can make will be greatly appriciated.

1) Holons WP - that way you dominate Flariados. That or Rainbow and play a Ludi heal dance tech
2) I don't think theres any Raieggs in Norwich right now, I'ld play 3 though as theier seems to be a lot of tools about, and like you said drop the tools.
3) Tauros - great starter and easily searchable stadium. Prehaps run a slpit.
4) -1 scramble or DRE, for Aipom - 7 of them realy arn't needed.

GL for Sunday, I'll see if I can make it up to Norwich again and try out some new ideas.

i run a holon WP, but i can say truthfully that i RARELY ever use it for its effect. the only deck its useful against is flariados, or any weird deck that places damage counters. most of the time, its honestly useless. 1 is enough.

Kempley05 said:
3) Tauros - great starter and easily searchable stadium. Prehaps run a slpit.

What should it be split with?
Anyway, thanks for all the advice. Holon WP was going to be put in unless something better was suggested. Also, I normally find 2 Scramble enough, but I'll try 3 anyway.
Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Along with anyother advice you may have, do you think running 2 Lombre in this deck is too few since I'm only running 3 Rare Candy, or should I add another?

For consistency purposes, 3 Ludi Swing Dance and 1 Ludi Delta is the play. Having 2 Swing Dance will make the deck less playable.

if you go on consistency, jirachi/holon engine is the way to go over Tauros old trainers. Use Slugma uf, with whatever starter you have you can always mentor to get jirachi and retreat (free if its lotad with a water energy ;-D). Two lombre, 3 windstorms and rare candies are more then fine cause you have a search engine. I would worry about Boom (ban/doom) cause of how badly houndoom hurts you and ludi being one of the few decks that really can't play around it and have success. Maybe you could tech in something for that match up that can really help you, maybe a umbreon ex. Though being an ex, its ablitity to gust up a poke and ludi to wipe it out can be great. You can also play the lati@s lock to stop bodies, up to you and your metagame really. Options, Options, Options.....have fun with the deck and I hope you do well

Captain Petey said:
if you go on consistency, jirachi/holon engine is the way to go over Tauros old trainers. Use Slugma uf, with whatever starter you have you can always mentor to get jirachi and retreat (free if its lotad with a water energy ;-D). Two lombre, 3 windstorms and rare candies are more then fine cause you have a search engine. I would worry about Boom (ban/doom) cause of how badly houndoom hurts you and ludi being one of the few decks that really can't play around it and have success. Maybe you could tech in something for that match up that can really help you, maybe a umbreon ex. Though being an ex, its ablitity to gust up a poke and ludi to wipe it out can be great. You can also play the lati@s lock to stop bodies, up to you and your metagame really. Options, Options, Options.....have fun with the deck and I hope you do well

Ludi d with a Scramble = OHKO on Bannete =x

your right except the fact that most of them play 3-4 crystal beaches and doom locks it again ludi. You can do it once but they ko you back shady move and 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back