Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxray Takes 4th @ OKLAHOMA STP!

~Blazi-King~

Im Playing ObamaSnow/Luxray

Round 1: ??? (Sceptile/Torterra/Shaymin X (SkyForm))
Not much draw was played in his deck, so I started off aggressive. I got out a Luxray alternating between 40 and 100. Drawing All six prizes. It still managed to come don to a flip to see if I woke up, and I did. So his stall didn't work. lol

Win (1-0)

Round 2: Dana L (Luxray/Magnezone)
Me and my friend had been talking before the tournement, and scoping the field and came to a conclusion. with 7+ Galactic decks, and 3+ Machamps. We trade blows qith pachis until he takes the agressive move an KOs me with Ray. Obamasnow was key in our match up...It gave me the edge.

Win (2-0)

Round 3: Alex F (Dialga G/Crobat G)

VERY Close game, I lost due a somewhat slow start on my part. But I managed to make a game out of it! More to come

Lost (2-1)

Round 4: Tyler M (Gigas)

He had an awesome start! Gigas Turn 2. OUCH! Killing my Luxio. I managed to pull a Luxory Ball which changed the matchup. I rare candied into Ray and later OHKO it. More to come.

Win (3-1)

Round 5: Billy K (Rampardos)

Win (4-1)

Round 6: Jordan B (Rampardos)

Lost (4-2)

Round 7: Mike M (Gigas/Mewtwo X/Togekiss)

Win (5-2)

Top 16: Jordan D (AMU)
Game 1:

I lost...I wasn't able to get anything consistently going with my deck, so I basically lost.

Game 2:
This game was decided by a gamestate error on our parts resulting in a auto loss for him. Game lasted maybe 4 turns, so not much to tell.

Game 3:
Won after a couple KO's and having multiple Luxrays in play. He Scooped.

Top 8: Will B (Palkia G-X/Dialga G-X)
Game 1:
Weakness was huge in this game. I managed to get a Manectric, power shot'ing all his powers 2HKO'ing the Palkia while hurting his Crobats and Uxie's. I took like 4 prizes with manny.

Game 2:
I lost

Game 3:
We both ge decent setups...Him getting the traditional Crobat tricks while hitting me with a Dialga and Uxies, but to now avail, I was able to overcome him with my double Claydols and Luxrays taking quite a few prizes. Wish the game had gone better in this one, and you not getting junk when you didn't need it.

Top 4: Roy Jr (Machamp)
Game 1:
Weakness dominated. I flailed around doing what I could (after I failed to KO his 3 turn Unown G), scoring a KO or 2...but I lost due to weakness...

Game 2: Happened the same way (Except he had bench) though I did have a better start.

Props:
Originality
Judging Staff
Homemade Lunches
Cherry Dr Pepper
Placing the Highest I have ever placed in a STP
Being the ONLY electric in Top 16 that had the best matchups to all but one deck

Slops:
Waking up late, and not being able to get our other riders...
Rain
4am getting Home lol

Last edited:
Great Job Clay!

Wish I hadn't misplayed badly in an earlier game, might have been right there beside you climbing for a 1st/2nd playoff with Dual Luxrays. I know for me I have found the tech I need for the Champ matchup. This is prob my Regional deck.

Great job, Clay. I have a hunch that this weekend's metagame was a bit rougher for you due to people favoring Dialga builds over Palkia, but you still pulled off a stellar final four finish. :D

Great job, Clay. I have a hunch that this weekend's metagame was a bit rougher for you due to people favoring Dialga builds over Palkia, but you still pulled off a stellar final four finish. :D

That may have been so, but the ones I faced weren't that difficult seeing as how I could spread with Obamasnow and then OHKO'ing the dialgas with Lux (IF they attacked with them).

Congrats, Clay. I think you made a fantastic deck choice for this tournament and you were the one I didn't want to play in the cut. You definitely deserved this place; I just wish our game had been settled on the table instead of off of it.

Top 16, Game 2 vs Whicker, gamestate error on both players, what happened for Whicker to get a game loss?

He had a Pacharisu active with 20 damage and Snowpoint Temple was in play. I used Zen Blade on it. He discarded the Pacharisu and started his turn. I drew a prize. However, because of Snowpoint it wasn't supposed to be knocked out so I got a game loss for creating an irreversable game state.

He had a Pacharisu active with 20 damage and Snowpoint Temple was in play. I used Zen Blade on it. He discarded the Pacharisu and started his turn. I drew a prize. However, because of Snowpoint it wasn't supposed to be knocked out so I got a game loss for creating an irreversable game state.

Sorry to hear that. Get your revenge at Regionals, lol. Congrats on making taking top cut.

Back