Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Manchester Pokemon League

kaworu

This thread is designed for all Manchester players to have access to any info regarding to Pokemon League in Manchester held in Fanboy3.

Many people have asked "is there a pokemon league on this week?" "what are we doing about travel to ???" etc etc Hopefully this thread can be accessed by all players (old and new) and any questions can be answered here for all to see.

Also if anyone wants to set up trades etc they can do so through this thread/PM.

Pokemon Getto Daze!

Seems like a nice idea though maybe a UK wide one would have a better chance of staying near the top of the postings?

Also you maybe ought to post the details on the league?

I have the details as:

Manchester Pokémon League
Saturdays 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM

Fanboy3
17 Newton Street
Manchester
M1 1FZ
Phone: 0161 2477735

good idea, there is no pokemon league this sat 21st april at fanboy3 but next week there is and also a practice tournament :)

I doubt it, some of us went to the hull regional and most are going to the Crewe regional but London is a bit far and scarily has the best players.

Agreed about London. See you guys at Crewe, can't make it to London! What's your real first name btw?

I was wondering if anyone knew what we were doing in regards to travelling to the nationals on June 2nd?

It's getting closer.

I'm making my own way again. Sorry!

I think last year's driver is refusing to do it again, btw *shrug* If you're going to try to make something happen yourself, I would suggest you take names and money beforehand, and avoid the fiasco of overbooking.
Some of my lot might be interested, so lmk what you're planning.
MG

Saturday May 19th
(10am) Pokemon League
(1am) Pokemon Road to the Nationals Practice tournament (£3)

Ooh, chance to test one of my many decks out, me and chris'll be there (Chris wont be using his usual for once lol). Becky should turn up for the morning but will be off before the tourney.

Ah, you missed me winning. It was great!

I've found the forum, by the way ;)

If i've calculated correctly, we have 7 fanboy players that have now qualified. 5 can cram into my car, but for such a long journey, i think 2 cars each carrying 4 would be the optimum transportation method. What do you all think?

Oh, and also (entirely irrelevantly), come and see Midland Railway at Manchester Academy 3 on 12th June (*******.com/themidlandrailway).

Last edited:
hello, not sure what is happening with travel. but it looks like quite a few won't be able to get there. but good luck to anyone from fanboy3 who manages to get there.

also, if people can't make it to the nationals from fanboy, then the league is still on :)

good luck scott, becky and chris :)

Thanx Ma-ree.

Rod is sorting out travel as I type this, I think he is getting a friend to take us down (hiring a mini-van).

Mine, becky's and chris' decks are all done and now all we have to do is pray for good starting hands.

pray for good starting hands.

From playtesting and tournament experience, in archetype v archetype (or personal deck of archetype quality or a sub-quality deck that has a good matchup against the other deck), the starting hadn basically decides the game. Unless you get lucky topdecks (and/or your opponent gets unlucky topdecks) then that extra delta draw they get before you leaves you no room to recover :cool:

Rod is sorting out travel as I type this, I think he is getting a friend to take us down (hiring a mini-van)..

Rod tried his best, but no luck.

Me, Becky and Chris will still be there. Getting a ride off Nick. Thanx again man.

Great games today, nice to see so many players. Maybe there's more life in pokemon than I thought.

Thanks to Fan Boy 3 (on it's birthday!) for running a free pokemon tournament with prizes. Thanks to Rod for running it so smoothly.

Massive respect to Daniel for getting to the final to play against my Kingdra with your Unown deck, it was amazing to see it in action. Shame they all got eaten by the water dragon.

Great decks:

Nick H's Gliscor
Jordan's? Armaldo
Rod's Kabutops
Marie's Leafeon
Chris' Chomp

today was great, had a really good time. very suprised at my results though lol, much of the credit for that though needs to go else where... nice to see new faces too. well done scott, took a beating against chris but came back to win. well done chris too

thanks to dave and roddish at fanboy 3 too... happy 4th birthday xxx

Back